• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

GIMP Questions?

Kabigon

Yes We Can!! Obama Wins!
I have a question about GIMP. How do you do the little text tricks where your text has a basic filler color and then an outline color. Mine are getting really boring.

I don't use GIMP myself, but I'd imagine there's some sort of "Stroke" or "Outline" option that basically outlines the selected element/layer. There are a few places it shows up in Photoshop, but I wouldn't know where to look for GIMP. Have you seen anything like that near the layer/blending options you already know about?

I have a question about GIMP. How do you do the little text tricks where your text has a basic filler color and then an outline color. Mine are getting really boring.
http://www.google.com/search?q=gimp+text+outline&btnI

How come GIMP 2.4 always freezes when it tries to load?
Does it freeze while loading fonts?

If so, try deleting C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\.fonts.cache-1 -- the next startup will be a bit slow, but it should be speedy after that.

Excuse me if this is bumping, but yeah.

Is there any way to replace certain colours with another colour? Sort of like the eraser trick on Paint or the colour replacement tool on GraphicsGale.

Yep. use the color selector not the eye dropper tool to chose the color to change then use the eyedropper tool to choose the color you want to change into. choose the pencil tool and make it big then draw all over the image. If that was a little rushed and hard to under stand, head on over to my website. There is a tutorial there. http://www.freewebs.com/ditto11/gimp colors.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom