• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

SSBB Mafia: Day 1

Who should die?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's... odd, to say the least.

Chances are that one of the healers correctly guessed who the mafia were going to kill.

Or the mafia is screwing with our minds.

Or no one dies on the first day...?

Gah I hate the first couple of days... It all ends up being random; in fact, I've probably just killed myself by posting here.

*is Luigi*

Well some one got lucky, but that's another head to toss into the randomiser blender. Inconvenient day for this to happen.
Well, for lack of a better way I'm going to toss my head out on the line to get some discussions going. I nominate Character of the Day. Why? Because he's probably like.. the evil redshirt, who dies at the end of the first episode he appears in after trying to cut it big with the baddies. Hey, I could be right!

Actually, I would beg to differ...
I doubt the mafia is not obliged to kill during the night phase, and even if not, I have my doubts the players here would follow the above logic to try and tip the odds. Like I said, some one got lucky..
It would however, still be within the mafia's interests if the townspeople were afraid to lynch. Not to mention passive aggressiveness for anti-town. Withdrawing my nomination for Character of the Day and nominating Xaldin.
(Welcome to day one enjoy your stay ¬w¬v )

Nominating L'il Dwagie, because she is automatically blaming people. This is probably going to get me nominated.

Last edited:
Nominating L'il Dwagie, because she is automatically blaming people. This is probably going to get me nominated.
She. Dawgie is a she.

True, she is randomly nominating people. But consider the fact that no one died. That could easily mean she's the alien trying to get herself nominated, savvy? And if that's the case and she gets lynched, we're all screwed.

*Ahem* So ignoring further ignorance to gender tags (they're there for a reason people), this is actually essentially how the game is played. Like I said, welcome to the first day. No reason to change my vote again, though. (Yet)
However, Zora raises some concern for the Alien factor, that would be a sadly abrupt end to this round. But me? snrk, amusing as my luck nabbing me a first-day win would be, you mean. Of course I could sit here and defend myself all day, its something to be cautious of, it's true.

You know what? I feel stupid now. I'm really ... really sorry about the gender confusion.

Anyways, like you said, there really isn't much we can base our ideas on just because the healer picked the right person, it's random votes in the beginning.
However, some things may subconsciously leak out into how a person acts depending on the role they have.

True, she is randomly nominating people. But consider the fact that no one died. That could easily mean she's the alien trying to get herself nominated, savvy? And if that's the case and she gets lynched, we're all screwed.

I agree that there is concern for the Alien/Bowser being hit, but L'il Dwagie isn't the only person who is suspicious. That isn't to say that she is certainly innocent, but others have made vaguely suspicious posts as well. I don't have enough reason to nominate anybody, and anyway, we have some nominations up already. But at the moment, I believe that while we have good reason to be extremely suspicious, we should give it a day or two. I mean, we're four hours into a day period of three days. We have time to watch for evidence to arise.

Of course, nominating people could also make them slip up, so there is worth to either tactic.

I'm going to have to nominate Xaldin here. I'm sorry, but it's either you or Dwagie, and personally, I'd prefer to keep a player with more experience alive.

Xaldin's not defending himself here. How do you know that HE isn't the Alien?
Dwangie isn't doing anything to prove that he is the Alien, so he may not be. In a normal game, wouldn't Mafia try to be proactive?
If we don't vote for him, he, with lots of prior experience, would be able to trump us over, convincing us that he is innocent and that others are guilty, and quickly come back to win.

You know what? I'm not even going to bother. All I'm saying, is that if I am to die, I'm taking someone with me.

The vote was conducted. Xaldin was to be taken to the guillotine. After Xaldin was beheaded, the people realized that they got it wrong.

Xaldin is dead. He is not Mafia.

--NIGHT 2 STARTS HERE. DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD ANYMORE--

Back
Top Bottom