• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Radish HQ

surskitty

「にがいのは いやだ」って…
Pronoun
they
On top of a hill in the middle of a forest on an island in a lake on another island in the Land of Implausible Descriptions, there is a building.

It looks like it's been abandoned for most of the past ten years. There's a sign saying ESTABLISHED [no date given] next to a pile of newspapers from Jan 2000, as well as a stack of undated empty delivery boxes.

Inside, the air smells faintly of cinnamon, or possibly paprika; it's hard to tell since the most overwhelming scent is dust. It looks like it's been a bit disturbed, but people've wandered in recently, haven't they?

There's a sign in remarkably good shape: [ OUT TO LUNCH; BE BACK IN AN HOUR. LEAVE MONEY IN TIP JAR ]. Said tip jar's nowhere to be found, but on the table, there's a donations box, some reusable plastic bags, a guidebook, and a telephone.

The line's connected to something and it won't hang up.

There's also a sign next to some figurines that move if you touch them.
pkmnclefairydanceclef.gif
CLEFAIRY WAS HERE. EVERYONE ELSE IS A LOSER.
pkmnclefairydanceditto.gif

IN THE GUIDEBOOK

THE FIELDS OF ... MEAT
The segment's hard to read and looks like it was handwritten by a dyslexic on acid. From what you can tell, it's located directly behind the building and a donation of $4 is requested if anyone wants to plunder it.

The "field" (it's more of a swamp, really) looks about as reliable as your weird uncle Hank's day job, but at least you've got your trusty Pokémon with you. ... You did bring something with you, didn't you?

Well, let's just hope it's intimidating enough that nothing will bother you. No one's giving you any pokéballs, after all.

Pokémon Found
You've found poochyena, mightyena, gastly, meowth, seviper, stunky, murkrow, grimer, wynaut, wobbuffet, koffing, bacon, and a pit trap. There's probably more.

THE NIGORI CAVES
Located somewhere in the Fields of Meat, the Nigori Caves are known for the ... diversity ... of Pokémon species. It's apparently well-known in a few circles for its geothermal activity; unfortunately, those circles almost certainly don't intersect with yours.

From what you can tell, you should definitely bring a Pokémon. It's dark and noisy and someone's expecting a donation of $5 for each visit.

By the entrance, there's a sign advertising a collection drive for star pieces and cleanse tags. It might be worth your time; of course, that assumes that whoever put up the sign returns anytime soon....

Pokémon Found
You've only found some zubat, numel, poochyena, loudred, and growlithe so far. How depressing. ... You've also found some stardust (someone might be able to glue it back into a star piece) and a shard of something red.

THE FEY MANSE

There are (were?) no tours offered; there's not even a map. From the sounds of it, the only reason the book lists it's that it's the single most haunted building on the property. It's also called "the new Roswell" since people keep spotting UFOs, but you're a bit of a skeptic and rightfully so.

The picture shows a decrepit mansion; the roof's fallen in and it's overrun with ivy and bamboo. It seems somehow lifeless in a way the hobogarden doesn't.

Something big's out there, and it's not all ghosts.

Pokémon Found
... We'll get back to this.

The rest of the book is glued together. It might be possible to fix it, but it will take some time.

INSIDE THE BUILDING ITSELF

Down the stairs, there's a garden. This would normally be a completely terrible idea, but someone's spent a lot of time and energy maintaining plant lights over it. Still, the garden looks pathetic. It'd be nearly-barren if someone hadn't planted bamboo throughout most of it. You're pretty sure you see Pokémon in it, but odds are they're only bugs and weeds. Still, it's something.

Someone's trying to take a nap on a chair at the foot of the stairs. He's leaning on an actual tip jar-shape, labeled "TIPS ARE GOOD, BUT $3 FOR A POKEMON IS BETTER", though it might be more accurate to call it a tip barrel. It's filled with bottlecaps.

He sighs and doesn't bother to ask to be kept updated; something's bothering him.

Pokémon Found
There're other fish in the sea, but you've wurmple, budew, carnivine, silcoon, and drowzee so far.

(( OOC NOTES: I am so much happier if you lean towards the RP side in your posts. ... Also, knowing what's going on in this thread isn't required at all. :B I barely do, most of the time. ... First post changes close to daily. ))

Last edited:
I don't think that's a good idea, twerp. /)_.

You find a large, poofy dog-thing! It growls at you menacingly -- you might want to bring a Pokemon next time! -- then barks. And wags its tail. And looks at you with big sad eyes. It wants the bacon you strangely had in your pocket and is entirely willing to follow you until you get a Pokeball or a bag or something to put it in.

Found and acquired one (1) male Mightyena!

It's a GIANT FREAKING SNAKE! It looks vaguely familiar; perhaps you've seen one of your COMPLETELY AWESOME rivals who can't remember your name with it? Its fangs are mildly impressive, but the spiritomb throws its rock at its face and the serpent submits to being bagged. Though it's a mystery how it fit ....

One (1) female seviper.

Let's have a go.
There's a cat chewing on a ball of ... red yarn. After looking to see if anything else is coming, you grab the ball and go.

One (1) female meowth.
Me too me too!

*Deposits 4 dollars or whatever currency is used*
A cloud of gas settles above your head. Somehow, you're okay, but it's a great reminder to pick a Pokemon to bring with you next time.

At least it's friendly.

One (1) female gastly.

Me again me again.
You ever wonder how your gramps feels when he gets badtouched by a giant blob?

Yeah, now you know. Maybe if you brought a Pokemon with you, you'd feel cleaner.

One (1) female grimer.
The female poochyena bites! The bite was ... actually you're okay because it's just saying hi. BUT IT STILL HURTS.

One (1) female poochyena.

Hey I am totes up for this field o' meat. Taking Charmer the charmander to grill my catch.

I AM GOING RIDING INTO THOSE FIELDS ON THE BACK OF BEST EVER

He's a nosepass.
Suddenly, an animal flies out of nowhere and HUMPS YOUR NOSEPASS'S FACE.

Or possibly just tries to steal it. The nose's shiny, after all.

Actually, it seems to be stuck. Goddamn magnet nose. YOU SHALL NOT PASS THIS NOSE.

It's pretty easy to bring it home, really.

One (1) male meowth!
Hey I am totes up for this field o' meat. Taking Charmer the charmander to grill my catch.
YOUR CHARMANDER IS LARGE AND FIERY. Or at least it's bigger than the stupid chicken that wants everything shiny you own and have owned ever. Certainly it's good at roasting things.

The bird was okay.

One (1) male murkow.

iiiit's ADVENTURE TIME with Togepi and ~that guy~
after our generous contribution of $4, of course
TWERPS ARE BANNED. (SORRY DIDN'T SEE YOU.)

While looking for Pokemon, you find someone who looks vaguely familiar in a nondescript sort of way. E flees, though maybe you'll see em again somewhere.

And then you find a pit trap.

Yeah, I bet you can guess who it is you found. On the plus side, there's a skunk with you! ... On the minus side, there's a skunk in a pit with you.

Even your egg smells like rotten eggs. Possibly a togepi wasn't the greatest choice ever.

Found one (1) male stunky and a portable hole.

Let's take Kegami the krabby and see if we can't persuade the poor fellow (INSIDE THE BUILDING ITSELF) that he'll be in a pinch if we couldn't kindly liberate one of his stock.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom