• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS Game Corner

speedblader03

Don't read this
Game Corner

Ok, so who else is angry with Nintendo for taking out the slot machines in the engish versions of the games? Personally, I spent a lot of time there in the original versions.

Last edited:
Dude, the Slot Machines were in the Japanese version.

The only reason why they were removed from the American versions(as opposed to just the European versions like with Platinum) is probably because of the recent merge of the US and European branches of the Pokemon company into Pokemon International(or something like that). Simply put, they'll remove every future Game Corner because of a few bitchy parents. :/

No, it's basically minesweeper with voltorb. It does require a little thought if you intend to get very far, but it isn't hard.

...I like it, though I do wish you could still buy coins.

Except the fact that it is based a lot more on luck than minesweeper. I wish that I could just find a hack like you can with roms...

Except the fact that it is based a lot more on luck than minesweeper. I wish that I could just find a hack like you can with roms...

:P It doesn't matter about luck at all. All you do is take every row's number of coins and Voltorbs, calculate where every Voltorb and 1 is, avoid those and pick off the 2's and 3's. Voila. I kinda like Voltorb flip, though. It's based on skill and math more than luck like Slots. Plus, after level five, you get TONS of coins, I've got 324, compared to the 'Jackpot' of 300 found in the slots. Plus, the prizes might get Outrageously high from Level eight or so... no, I'm not mad about it.

I find the Voltorb flip game to be more addictive than the slot machines. It's a shame you can't buy coins, I'm absolutely terrible at the game because I'm not good at guessing where the Voltorbs are.

:P It doesn't matter about luck at all. All you do is take every row's number of coins and Voltorbs, calculate where every Voltorb and 1 is, avoid those and pick off the 2's and 3's. Voila. I kinda like Voltorb flip, though. It's based on skill and math more than luck like Slots. Plus, after level five, you get TONS of coins, I've got 324, compared to the 'Jackpot' of 300 found in the slots. Plus, the prizes might get Outrageously high from Level eight or so... no, I'm not mad about it.

yay. skill-based, good payout, sounds like fun.

Part of me is pissed off about the whole "not being able to buy coins" thing, but the game is fun, addicting, challenging, and really not based on luck once you figure out a strategy for it.

i love voltorb flip, it's way better than the slots which just ate my coins.
although i miss being able to buy coins, voltorb flip is an addicting game...

Eh, I've had fun with the game corners before. ... But Voltorb Flip is wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom