• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you furiously tap the a button when you go to catch a pokemon?

Do you keep pressing the A button when capturing?

• Total voters

Bombsii

IM ON THE ROAD ON THE ROAD TO VIRIDIAN CITYYYY~
I've just noticed, it is something I do all the time, but I suppose it doesn't actually help at all. I've also noticed a few of my friends doing it too.

I hold down A+B+L+R whenever the Pokeball flashes closed (before it wiggles). Obviously it doesn't help, but I somehow make my self believe it does.

I go in a clockwise circle around the buttons when the Pokeball is flying, down once it lands, and then the directions it tilts.

Last edited:
I used to, seeing all of my cousins play, catching legendary pokemon while tapping furiously at the A button. In FireRed while I was catching articuno, I realized it wasn't the safest thing to do, when my thumb started going up and down fast, by itself. 0.o Later I finally read a warning that said something against it so I stopped. If there was a suggestion to say that you used to then I would put that as my vote but seeing as I don't anymore I'm going to put it as no.

I press A/B down when I try to catch a pokemon, but if I accidentally throw a pokeball and don't want to catch a pokemon I start smashing B instead.

WORKS 50% OF THE TIME. ^('O')^

I press b when it hits the Pokémon and then when it wobbles I tap the side of the screen. If on an SP, I sometimes close the screen and turn the sound down for the amoun of time three wobbles would take. I don't care that it doesn't do anything, that doesn't mean I shouldn't do it.

I either furiously mash the A button, follow the ball's movement with the D-pad, or hold Down+A+B when the ball's falling. It's a force of habit by now.

I remember the times when I thought more mashing = better. Once I mashed so hard that I accidentally soft-resetted my game.

No, because I think that it'll disturb the ball and it'll come open for some reason.

I do mash the B button when an opponent is confused so it hurts itself.

I hold A+B+Down the moment the ball touches the ground. I used to think that it'll keep the lid down when its shaking around.

Well, I used to mash A and B at the same time to catch pokemon, but then I read a FAQ about D/P/Pt. and it said to tap the center of the pokeball on the touch screen when the pokeball flash right after enveloping the pokemon. Then it said to circle the touchscreen pokeball clockwise with every wobble.

This usually doesn't work, but that is just because the hp bar isn't low enough. I attack, then try again and I catch it!

I press and hold down+B when the ball pops open. Sometimes I'll look at the Pokeball after it's closed and cross my eyes so I see two of it. I like to think of it as dividing is strength so it can't break out as easily.

Of course, it's all just for fun. I get into things like that.

I do sometimes. Mostly when shinies appear, because I freak out completely and randomly press buttons to try and catch 'em. Yes.

No.

I only mash buttons when I want the pokemon center to hurry up and heal my pokémon, or otherwise get through a load of useless text.

Despite this my brother still thinks pressing A at some point actually makes a difference, and insists on telling me to press it (well he did last time I actually tried to catch something important, which was a while ago)

I used to but now I dont beacuse whenever i do button mash, I never catch it. On time i was button mashing for old times sake like "what the hell why not?" And so I tried that 6 times..after the 6th I didnt button mash and finally caught it. The thing is also, whenever I button mashed the pokemon got out the first timee everytime.

Tapping A? Man, down-B is where it's at.
But no, seriously? I just toss a ball and glare intently at the screen. And get upset when it doesn't work.

I mash A, out of habit. One of my siblings told me it worked back in Gen II and it has become forever implanted in my muscle memory.

Back
Top Bottom