• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

G/S/C unable to save

when i had my silver version, when ever i saved and turned off, when i turned it back on, there was no saved file, why is that? has it happened to others? i'm wondering if this is like for many g/s/c games or is it just for a few unlucky individuals?

Sounds like your game's internal battery has died out. Happens to a lot of the older cartridges.

To my knowledge,it's basically the thing in the cartridge that keeps track of the date and time in-game. Eventually, everybody's dies... You can get it replaced, but of course you won't recover your past save files. Don't worry, you're not just an unlucky one, this happens to most people in the end XD

Inside your game cartridge, at the corner, is something that looks like this.

It's a tiny battery and it's about the size and shape of a nickel. What it does is it lets you save your game. (It does this by supplying power to a chip inside your game that stores all your game information! no power and the game won't be able to retain a save.)

The battery tends to last a bit more than ten years, after which the game won't save. However! You can change the battery.
(In short, get a CR2025 battery. I found one at CVS. Unscrew the lid and pry the halves of the cartridge apart. Break the contacts on the arms above and below the battery and put in a new battery -- the arms can be moderately bent and no harm'll come of it. Electrical-tape the section firmly together or onto the board and close it all up.)

and yeah, it sucks. replaced my gold battery just recently; at least fixing it's relatively easy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom