• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The PokéWalker

departuresong

Bouncing Off Clouds
The PokéWalker

What does everybody think of the PokéWalker? Is it still as exciting as it was when you first received it, or has the novelty worn off? Do you have any rituals for PokéWalker use?

I enjoy the PokéWalker a lot! I don't have the time, energy, or motivation to play HG/SS as much as I'd like to, but knowing that I can keep on collecting Pokémon for my collection is great. I always have my Chikorita (who I don't use on my main team) as my PokéWalker Pokémon, and oddly enough it's the Pokémon I feel closest to, even though I never use it for anything else.

I start each day by picking a route, usually the latest one I have, and sending my Chikorita into it for a stroll. I then go about my usual business during the school day, and by the end of the day I have a good 2,000-4,000 steps depending on what I did that day. I don't transfer stuff back to the game until I have the maximum of three Pokémon and three items. I'm also sure to connect with my friend for a gift every day, as she carries hers around everywhere, too.

Re: The PokéWalker

The Pokéwalker is completely awesome and I approve entirely. :o I take it with me to school and occasionally show random people. Where I go to school, it is a sign of coolness. xD

It was an awesome moment when I was talking with my normal lunch group and one of the guys (whom I didn't even know liked Pokémon) gets out his Pokéwalker and starts shaking it. Then one of the other guys goes "Is that a Pokéwalker? I HAVE MINE~!" and he pulls one out and they do Mystery Gift.

Now I do Mystery Gift with the second guy pretty much every other day and it is awesome.

(Currently I'm in the Yellow Forest, trying to find a flying Pikachu. I was lucky enough to find two Surfing ones from two-exclamation-mark patches last time I tried, but... I wish there was some way to tell which type of Pikachu you're fighting.)

I cheat for steps. I'd probably get around 6k steps a day if I played it legitimately, but a lot of pokémon require 10k steps to even show up.... Also, 5k watts between areas is a pain in the ass. That's two days of cheating the pokéwalker and actually catching stuff. I don't want to think about how long it'd take if I played legitimately.

I switch between Chikusa (togetic), Bank (larvitar), and Explotaro (... guess) \o\ and pick between routes depending on advantageous types and what pokémon I'm missing.

I liked it until people started saying it in #tcod. Over and over. Alerts everywhere

No, it's still pretty novel.

I've mostly been letting my smallest sister play with it, because she has a lot of energy for running around in circles and she loves catching Pokemon and dowsing. A different sister acts unimpressed and keeps trumpeting how much better Pikachu 2 GS is, but she's been snagging the Pokewalker whenever she thinks I'm not looking. The other other sister thinks it's pretty okay and helped me get to the Dratini route. But after collecting enough Dratinis so that I would give her one, she lost interest pretty quickly.

I keep Ditto on the Pokewalker for now. It won't learn any other moves or evolve, so I don't have to keep track of its progress.

Well, I think it's pretty cool. It gives me more motivation to walk, too. If you walk 10,000 steps today, you can get a Surfing Pikachu!

Unfortunately, no one else I know has one, so I can't do Mystery Gift... D:

Pokemon has exploded in popularity in my College class.
I mean you'd imagine that wouldn't be so unusual considering I take a games design course, but the thing is most of the people in the class are 360/PS3/PC enthusiasts, and yet there are already six of us with HGSS. One of them bought a DS just to play it.
One of them doesn't even have a DS yet.
He basically bought the game, asked to borrow my DS and got his Totodile, put it on his Pokewalker and gave my DS back. I somehow think that that was all he wanted xD

But yeah, Pokewalkers everywhere~

Whoo, just caught a flying Pikachu! It was in the very first two-exclamation-mark grass I came across too (I instantly transferred it back to HG to check whether it had Fly or not rather than waiting for more).

Funny thing is that two-exclamation-mark grass can have either group A or B, and all three times I caught something from it it was from group A. Despite the fact that group B is more common. Pokémon games like treating me nicely when it comes to low chances. xD (see: the first female Pikachu I catch in Platinum - the one I was planning to use on my team - has Light Ball, very quick Munchlax-finding in the same Platinum game, Modest Latias in my first HG file, Modest Houndoom (the first one female one I caught and the one I used on my team) with a perfect Sp. Atk IV in Platinum, now Pikachu luck. Now all I need is a shiny Chansey from the FR Safari Zone with a Lucky Egg! xD)

If you have a pokémon with an advantageous type there, you seem to get group As more commonly from !! than group Bs. I know I haven't found any houndour yet....

I don't use mine nearly enough as should. I work four hours a day, five days a week and clock in about 15,000 steps for each of those shifts, but I've only brought my Pokewalker once or twice. I just keep forgetting. Might take it to college with me soon, since I haven't had classes yet since I've got HG, but meh.

The Pokéwalker is PWNSOME. :D I love the great idea, though it's often a pain to get enough steps. (Though... I cheat sometimes.) I'm close to getting the Hoenn route now...

It's always in my pocket now, and I bring it to school every day Monday-Friday to get some steps. I've shown it to my classmates and they seem to think it's pretty cool. My main "walker" Pokémon is Glass Joe the Magikarp.

If you have a pokémon with an advantageous type there, you seem to get group As more commonly from !! than group Bs. I know I haven't found any houndour yet....

I had a Sunkern in there, that might explain it.

I keep mine in my pocket at school and average around 7500 steps per day. A lot of the time I'm in too much of a hurry in the morning to load a Pokemon before I go, though, so I often end up having random ones start following me. Today I ended up with a furret. :v

I think the novelty has worn off a bit, yeah, but it is useful for finding sellable items and heart scales and whatnot.

The random generator hates me. (Yes, I understand how the groups work and how many steps are required). It took forever to find a kangaskhan. I've wasted so many watts just trying to find a magby.

But overall, it's pretty cool.

I Mystery Gift with myself almost every day xD
Most of my friends lost theirs, and they're all planning to rob other people's PokéWalkers.

I used to be obsessed with them, shaking them while doing almost everything - including eating, doing my homework, and being on the computer. But the excitement has sort of died down for me by now. I still wear them to school almost every day, exceptions being days such as today when I was wearing purple and turquoise - it wouldn't match. I also wear them when I go out for errands and such~

Also in the Yellow Forest, wishing there was a way to tell which is which before transferring >.>

I still wear them to school almost every day, exceptions being days such as today when I was wearing purple and turquoise - it wouldn't match. I also wear them when I go out for errands and such~

Pockets! xD That's where mine always is. And everyone else who goes to my school.

I got both versions, so I have two of them, and though I don't really go anywhere currently, since I had problems with classes last term, they don't get much use, but whenever I wander the house, even if I only get up for a minute or tow, I make sure to have them both with me.

My HG one contains a Magnemite, while my SS one has a Flaaffy. Can you guess which route I'm on?

Where I go to school, it is a sign of coolness.
I have to hide mine, or it gets stolen. I wear it on the inside of my pocket now though, so no-one really notices unless I point it out to them. The annoying thing is, if I'm wearing anything other than my school uniform, you can't see it. But yeah, it's cool. I've got Deepsea (my Lugia) on it at the moment.

It would be fun to have six Pokéwalkers and walk around with them all on your belt. Fun but a bit pointless, though.

Back
Top Bottom