• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[OOC/Signups] New World Guardians

Thorne

It's feeding time
Taken from the journal of Vladimir Stein, renowned scientist prior to his disappearance from the public eye
May 5, 2021

This project is finally getting somewhere, many innocent lives have been claimed by the failures, but there won't be any more deaths.
We finally found a way to keep their bodies from rotting, it was a long and complicated process, getting it to work and all. But in the end, we do no longer need to hold back, any power we wished we could create is in our grasp now.

May 17, 2021

I can't believe this, but he's breathing.
The very first example of the Guardians is alive, he might be completely unconscious, but he's breathing. This is a time to celebrate, but we need to keep a close watch on him to make sure there's no malfunctions.
But since everything seems to be in order as of now, we named him Zero Zero: Messiah. A fitting title, I assure you.

May 26, 2021

Why? Why did it have to turn out like this?!
Everything was in order, he had begun walking, and could almost talk. Then he started breaking down, it was a gruesome sight. His very cells was rotting, and it was visible, I do not wish to write about it further.
I just don't get it, I really don't.

What did we do wrong?

June 14, 2021
It has taken us a lot of time, but we know what a gigantic mistake we had made.
It won't happen again.

August 21, 2023
It took us more then two years, but finally, we're pretty much done.
Ten. We've created ten of them. They look like mere children, albeit with some outstanding traits, but this is far from the truth. These children have powers beyond anything seen before. They were created for the sake of the protecting this city, the very capital of the world, it is a huge responsibility, but they are the only ones capable of handling it. Because unlike Zero-One, they already have basic knowledge, being capable of walking, talking and many other things any normal person is capable of. This is to further speed up the process of getting them into their new work.
All of them are currently unconscious, peacefully unaware of what lies ahead. They will be transported with a secret train to the headquarters, where further actions will be taken. I suppose I could think of them as my children, and I will enjoy seeing them grow, just like any father would.

September 17, 2023
WHY DO THIS HAPPEN?!
I can't believe this, why would such a thing ever happen?
The train transporting the Guar... MY CHILDREN was lost somewhere along the path. And when we found the abandoned train, the tanks containing the children had been removed, not by force, thought, someone had transported them elsewhere.
And as it turns out, the person responsible for driving the train was in fact a member of the Black Butterfly gang. The most hunted criminal gang quite possibly ever. Somehow, Hallowvale must have known about this project all along, and decided to steal them.
Penda Hallowvale, current generations most dangerous criminal, who knows what he plans to do now, with this power in his grasp.

I've finally decided to kick up myself from the ditch I've been lying around in, and finally actually MAKE a RP. I've started many, but never actually got anywhere. But this time, there's no turning back for me.

As you might have guessed by now, you'll play as the Guardian projects, children who have been modified to have supernatural abilities. Originally planned to be the protectors of the World Capital, you are currently owned by the notorious criminal mastermind Penda Hallowvale, and who knows what plans he have.

Rules:
-No mary sues, proper/at least good grammar, normal stuff that you should always follow when Rp'ing

Character form:
Name: (Note that it should be like shown before, in other words a number ranging between 1-10 and a title that fits with the characters powers. You can add a nickname of you want your character to seem more human, thought)
Age: (has to be between 5-13, because they are looked on as children, even if they aren't, mentally at least.)
Personality: (Because I say so)
Appearance: (You should look pretty much normal, but as mentioned, some outstanding traits are okay.)
Powers: (Can be pretty much anything, really. But try to keep away from something that is only magical in such a sense)
Other: (other stuff that didn't fit somewhere else)

Character spots:
Zero One: Starlight (Kali the Flygon)
Zero Two: Zephyr (Heavy Lobster)
Zero Three: Shifter (Chaon)
Zero Four: Idiopathy (Kusarigamaitachi)
Zero Five: Blaise (Blastoise)
Zero Six: Shrink (NightDaemon)
Zero Seven: Pandemic (Full Metal Cookies)
Zero Eight: Uri (Male Gardevoir)
Zero Nine: Phobos (Arcanine)
One Zero: Visum (DarthWaffles)

Well, that's about everything, ask me if something is unclear to you.

Last edited:
Name: 07-Pandemic

Personality: 07-Pandemic is a shy and quiet girl, not speaking often and rarely getting involved. If attacked, she will merely let the attacker harm her; any bodily fluids that may be spilled from her will contain punishment in their own way. She is easily frightened, and will wail loudly and constantly until pacified. She is very fond of stuffed animals.

Appearance: 07-Pandemic is a small, dainty female, with long black hair that falls in soft ringlets to her hips, a round, pale face, and delicate frame. Her eyes are, strangely, bright yellow. If one looks closely, one will note that her fingernails have thin blue lines at the cuticle, and the whites of her eyes are slightly yellowed. She is very sickly looking at first glance, but is in actuality a bit stronger than other females her age.

Powers: 07-Pandemic is completely immune to all forms of illness, be it bacteria, viruses, et all. In fact, she can take these infections into her body and nurture them, creating virulent and deadly new strains of countless killer plagues. She is capable of unleashing them, though it is not quite known exactly what the triggers for this are.

She currently harbours the following: Smallpox, Spanish Flu (as well as a large number of other flu varieties), Malaria, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, Cholera, Typhus, Ebola, the Common Cold, Tetanus, Tuberculosis, and Whooping Cough.

Other: N/A

I've kind of been wallowing in a ditch too, so I'm looking to get out of it. Reserve?

Name: Zero Three: Shifter

Personality: He is wild, and mischievous, and doesn't like to be told what to do. He is a rebel and a natural born leader, and is also quite clever. Despite all this however, he can be very anti-social at the best of times, and will often lurk in the dark.

Appearance: His hair is long, curly, and orange, and his yellow eyes glow in the dark, although he cannot see in the dark. He has a face full of freckles, and teeth that are slightly sharper than the normal child's. He never cuts, scrapes, or chews his fingernails, so they have grown out to be half an inch long, and his entire body is covered in dirt. His voice is deep and calm despite his age and appearance.

Powers: Shapeshifting. He is able to change his shape and become any animal he has come into contact with. ((NOTE: he will not start off having encountered any massive animals, just small ones, like birds, rabbits, rats ect...))

Other: He usually snarls at people he's mad at. Don't make him mad. Also, he thinks that their creator abandoned him, so he will kind of resent going back.

Last edited:
Name: 0-2: Zephyr

Personality: Zephyr is talkative and loud, preferring to run in guns blazing than prepare a surprise attack. This can lead to very troubling circumstances, but his fellow guardians have helped him through things. Beneath his buoyant and dumb attitude is a heart of loyalty and fairness. He will never hit someone when they are down, or leave a man behind.

Appearance: Springy red hair adorns a freckly face on Zephyr. He has large icy-blue eyes and a small nose. His mouth is long and wide, perfect for grinning, and his ears stick out from the side of his head. His frame is a bit muscly and brawny (for his "age"), though he is still rather skinny.

Powers: The power of flight among the birds. His ability may not have much of a use in fighting, but he is a great scout. He also has good wind resistance, meaning that he can walk through high power winds.

Other: He lives to eat, if you get my meaning

Name: 05-Blaise

Personality:
Blaise angers quite easily, taking it out on others even if they had nothing to do with it. These 'temperature tantrums' (a clever pun as far as Blaise is concerned) rarely last long enough to make much of an impact, and Blaise soon snaps back to a normal attitude. The boy absolutely hates it when people call him 'cute', and generally ignores those who do. Otherwise, he's pretty social, preferring to be in on things and becoming quite annoyed if left out of the loop.

Appearance: Blaise is a rather short boy, looking just like the ten-year-old he is. His hair is an odd shade of dark, shiny red, lying down flat on his scalp. The boy's posture is slumped and noncommittal, as is his general expression. His eyes are large, and altogether you could probably describe Blaise with any number of adjectives ranging from 'cute' to 'adorableicious', depending on how much of a sappy idiot you are.

Powers: Blaise's skin is entirely fireproof and heatproof, as are his hair and other body parts. His internal organs are similar in that respect, but with varying degrees of effectiveness.

What really sets Blaise apart, however, is his ability to set himself alight whenever he wishes, with about the same amount of exertion required to light a match while concentrating. He's able to control his fire, preventing its spread or even fueling it.

The flames change color and intensity based on his wishes or just his base emotional state, with the default being a transparent purplish-red.

Other: (other stuff that didn't fit somewhere else)

FMC: Accepted, and just for the record I expected you to play as a cute murder girl, because I know you.

Chaon: Reserved

Heavy Lobster: I'm a bit disappointed how uncreative you were with the power, but it works I guess. Accepted.

Blastoise: Accepted, also I see what you did there.

Name: Zero Three: Shifter

Personality: He is wild, and mischievous, and doesn't like to be told what to do. He is a rebel and a natural born leader, and is also quite clever. Despite all this however, he can be very anti-social at the best of times, and will often lurk in the dark.

Appearance: His hair is long, curly, and orange, and his yellow eyes glow in the dark, although he cannot see in the dark. He has a face full of freckles, and teeth that are slightly sharper than the normal child's. He never cuts, scrapes, or chews his fingernails, so they have grown out to be half an inch long, and his entire body is covered in dirt. His voice is deep and calm despite his age and appearance.

Powers: Shapeshifting. He is able to change his shape and become any animal he has come into contact with. ((NOTE: he will not start off having encountered any massive animals, just small ones, like birds, rabbits, rats ect...))

Other: He usually snarls at people he's mad at. Don't make him mad. Also, he thinks that their creator abandoned him, so he will kind of resent going back.

Done! :D

I'd like to reserve. Need time to think of a good power xD

EDIT: Done.

Name: 09-Phobos

Personality: Phobos is pretty much a nice kid. He goes around smiling at everyone, trying his best to make everyone feel good and motivated, is very polite and friendly. However, concentration is a trigger for a slightly rude side of him. When he concentrates on something important, his smile vanishes, his eyes become emotionless, and he can be quite rude while on that state. He also has an hidden sadistic side, that reveals itself mostly when he is using his power. It often pops in his mind, but he quickly dismisses it.

Appearance: Phobos is a fairly normal kid. He has short brown hair, but long in the front to partially cover his bigger-than-average forehead. He has grayish blue eyes. Standing 1.3 meters tall, he is the normal for a child of his age. He normally wears a plain white t-shirt with short jeans, and a little worn out pair of tennis shoes. He has a small tattoo of a crow with its wings wide open on his left shoulder, which was drawn by him.

Powers: Phobos has the ability of making people see illusions, and controlling their senses (touch, smell, taste). Strong willed people are resistant to the invasion, keen people may see some glimpses of the real world, watching a recording of him will show him without the illusion (a live recording affects the people who are watching indirectly too), and everything will be just an illusion (e.g. making people see a hole where there is floor will not make a hole; they will step on it like normal floor). A side effect is that he draws very very well, in most styles of art.

Other: Nope. Except I may have pushed it too far on the recordings part of his powers.

Last edited:
Chaon accepted, although I was originally against the idea of shapeshifting myself, it'll do.

Arcanine reserved.

May I reserve, sir?

Name: 06 - The Shrink/Shrink (nicknamed herself 'Strugo')

Personality: 'Strugo' tries to be as distant as possible from the outside world, keeping only to Mr. Hallowvale and the rest of the Guardians. The only time she'll make contact with anyone else is if they are in danger, or when confronted directly. Being one of the oldest Guardians, she also sees herself as a caretaker of the younger Guardians, helping them even when they don't want any help. The Shrink also hates everything that she portrayes as 'vain' - wearing jewelry, keeping yourself properly groomed, wearing too-colorful clothing, etc.

Appearance: Like a normal human being, except for the strange light blue tint to her skin, most likely the aftermath of being 'modified'. She is also taller than most her age, being 5'9", and is not attractive at all.
She has shaved her head bald, though tiny dark-brown stubble sticks out. Her teeth are slightly yellowed due and nails bit down to bleeding point to her bad hygiene and she has acne around her forehead and nose. Strugo has brown eyes. Her attire mostly consists of a plain brown shirt and flare jeans, with white socks inside plaid black-and-white tennisshoes. Thank God those jeans cover up her legs, too, which she never shaves. She is also very small-busted, and unhealthily skinny to the point where her ribs can be seen in detail with even inhaling. Strugo has a slight body odor problem, though you probably wouldn't notice unless standing six inches away from her.

Powers: Her name says it all: she shrinks from her normal 5'9" to a mere 5". This allows her to slip through certain small spaces and travel silently and stealthily.
Also, a power that adds to her name but not one 'supernatural' or caused by her modification is that she seems to quickly understand why people act out in the way they do and will sometimes ask them questions about it.

Other: She nicknamed herself 'Strugo' for a certain reason; it did not sound as beautiful or vain in her opinion as her former one, Arlonda. Even 'the Shrink' and 'Shrink' was too much for her. She takes staying simple, even ugly, very seriously.

Last edited:
Name: 04-Idiopathy

Personality: 04-Idiopathy is a bit of an adrenaline junkie - she acts completely fearless and puts herself into dangerous situations without regard for anything. She likes seeing new things and always wants to keep moving. It's not so much out of wonder and curiosity as out of perpetual boredom and restlessness, though. This can only be staved off by something that fascinates her for a little while. Fortunately for her usefulness, experimenting with her power is one of the things that fascinates her ... unfortunately for her victims, her power is not a pleasant one to experience.

She's usually happy and energetic, since she doesn't stick around to do things she doesn't want to. She also likes seeing the effects she has on people, but she doesn't particularly care for any particular reaction.

Appearance: 04-Idiopathy doesn't look particularly special, except maybe for the scrapes on her knees and elbows. She has short black hair, except for a bit at the back she must have simply forgotten to cut. Her eyes are brown and always wide open. She has a round face and a large smile, a large nose, and ears that stick out. She's rather short, but average for her apparent age, and has rather irregular tans on her body.

Powers: 04-Idiopathy is capable of inflicting any physical sensations she has experienced on anyone within a certain distance from her, although her influence is weaker at a distance. Effective range has been determined at two metres from any point of her body, where her power is about a fourth of its usual effectiveness. Effectiveness is 100% when she has physical contact with the target. This never leaves a mark. The lingering echoes of the sensation can last for up to five hours before they fully disappear, although the initial fading is fast.

Current sensations in her arsenal are stabbing pains, burning sensations, dull aches, itchiness, and a numb effect not unlike that of an anaesthetic. This anaesthetic is the second most powerful ability she has. The first is an electric shock, but she has yet to successfully inflict it on another person. Nociception isn't the only thing she can affect, however - a variety of touch-based illusions are also possible, like heat, pressure, and balance. She's just not conscious enough of these to use them against an opponent.

She also (eventually) heals without any scarring whatsoever, although a dismembered arm might take two years to grow back. She doesn't heal much faster, though. She can affect herself with her magic, usually with anaesthesia.

NightDaemon accepted. And so is Kusa.

I want to see how many more signs up before making a character of my just.

Reservation here, I'll make the guy up later. Nah screw it, I have a good idea.

Name: One Zero - Visum

Personality: Visum is a quiet and lonely boy that spends his time pondering questions the rest of the Guardians simply couldn't fathom. During these little thinking sessions, very few things can grab his attention, almost as if his mind was in another world. When not pondering, Visum also often makes quotes about life, morales and wisdom in general, and often writes poetry. Aside from his philosophy, Visum is also a maniac at strategy and planning, as such, his favourite game is chess, especially when the opponent can hold out for more than 20 turns. He is also incredibly intelligent in things besides strategy and philosophy, and knows more about anything that anyone. Despite his great intelligence, Visum is a very simple and unwanting boy, never asking for anything, preferring to do it himself when possible.

Visum rarely ever smiles, and hardly ever even has a defined mood, and the only times he ever smiles is when he finally unravels a problem that is difficult for even him.

Appearance: Visum is a short and scrawny kid with deep blue hair, usually left covering one eye. He is usually wearing an orange t-shirt and white shorts. His eyes are large and deep sapphire in color, much like his hair, and are often spaced out, due to his constant thinking. Visum's face is a fairly round and large, but with very defined facial features. His skin is a very pale white and he stands at 3' 6", with no other interesting features.

Power: No other being on earth (Expect Vladmir Stein) knows what Visum's power is. When Visum is 'pondering', what he is actually doing is looking into the future or past. Somehow, if he concentrates, he is able to see blurred images and voices in his head that can come from another time. Because his power is never displayed or is even known about, Penda and even the other Guardians are beginning to believe he is actually a failed experiment and has no powers.

Other: Due to the belief that he has no powers, he is the least favoured of all the guardians.

Last edited:
What the hell Waffles my character was going to have a similar power >:C

Eh, nevermind. Accepted, and so are you, Arcanine.

So you need one more and our host's form, before you can start? All right, I guess I can help out. Also, DarthWaffles took 10, not 01... so I'll take it :p

Name: Zero One - Starlight
Personality: Starlight is a rather odd person. She rarely speaks, at first seeming as if she's shy or withdrawn from the world. However, when she does speak, though, she often uses words that one might not expect coming from someone her age, and often even adults may not understand her. She is very mathematically and logically gifted, but on the other side of things, she often shies away from normal social communication, and often doesn't seem to understand non-verbal gestures. It takes her a lot of time to warm up to other people, though when she does, she can seem quite friendly, often wanting to play. She can pick up a lot of games very quickly, and always is curious to learn new things, about how things work.

Powers: Her powers deal with reading and manipulating the electromagnetic waves in an area around her. She has the ability to activate or deactivate machines by coming close enough, normally having to come in touch contact since her powers haven't reached their full potential. She can also transmit and intercept communications with and from nearby devices, although she needs to be able to filter out the different frequencies, which can take time if she doesn't already know it. She can also channel current into other objects, such as other humans, which can cause anywhere from a gentle tingling sensation to a taser-like hard shock, and can induce a temporary paralysis. When she uses her powers, her body becomes engulfed in a grayish mist-like aura. The stronger - denser and wider-spread - the aura is, the more power she's trying to use. Her powers are very physically draining, and while she normally won't completely collapse, she prefers to use them sparingly, and when she does, she usually ends up napping afterward, and becoming very hungry.

Appearance: Starlight is an albino. She's very small, only about 2½ feet tall, with long, silver hair, down to her waist. Her skin is very pale, almost devoid of any pigment, so she keeps a very small aura to protect her from the sun's UV-rays at all times... It gives her an ethereal look to her. Her eyes appear to be a reddish, light brown color, practically glowing through her aura. She likes wearing a little light-blue dress with white trim, and a white bonnet hat with pink ribbon.

Other:

Last edited:
I guess I am, eight is not too bad a number.

Name: 08-Uri

Personality: Uri is quiet, but not unsocial in the same sense as he's a bit socially awkward. You'll find that he's easy to start a conversation with, but he's more willing to end it rather quickly. He's usually lost in thought, and will most likely be found reading any kind of book he can get his hands on. But due to his extremely high IQ, he tend to find others rather stupid. He have a softer side thought, which tend to show whenever he finds himself in awkward situations.

Appearance: Uri is a boy just below average length, who overall looks rather healthy, despite looking a bit skinny. He wears a white, thick (and therefore warm) shirt that is several sizes too big, reaching all the way over his hands and hiding them entirely. He also wears a pair of beige shorts, which looks a bit odd paired with his shirt.

His dark-brown hair is rather long and unclean, reaching just under his shoulders. He always got one small strand of hair that hang just between his right eye and his nose. His eyes are bright red, while his pupils are a darker, crimson red, giving him a rather disturbing stare.

Powers: Uri do, to begin with, have an incredibly high IQ, doubtlessly higher then 200. His memory capacity is also radically improved, being able to remember what he wants to remember, and forget what he wants to forget.
But his real powers are in form of telekinesis. He is able to levitate, pick up things and throw them with great force. On top of that, he can even use his powers to stop bullets. However, as these powers require a great deal of concentration, Uri's powers can be crippled by getting physical or ambushing him. And while he can throw things, he can't for example pick up a bullet and "shoot it" with his powers, so for most part he have to rely on the size or weight on whatever item he chooses to throw.

Last edited:
Okay guys I'm done with my character as well. But since I don't have time for it I will start the main thread tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom