• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS The fate of Giovanni?(Potential Spoilers)

Yarnchu

Yarn is comfy and easy to wear
I'm failry sure most people here know about the Giovanni event in HG/SS. If not, you do now. Anyways, I was just reading Pokemon's TvTropes and it mentioned Giovanni jumping into Tohjo Falls(along with a link to the Driven to Suicide page). A little suspicious of this, I watched the event for myself(I already have once before, but I needed to confirm this...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pExn-S7WduQ

At around 5:17, there is a very audible splash. For some reason, of all of the scary stuff that pops up in the Pokemon games, this one little moment probably hits me the most. Yeah, the man was evil, but Maxie and Archie reformed their ways, Cyrus runs off to make a new plan, and Charon gets arrested. Giovanni hides for 3 years in training and (presumably) commits...suicide?

So what do you guys thinks? It's pretty obvious that he jumps in the water, and considering that the cave is hidden behind a Waterfall, it is rather easy to put two and two together. Still, I find it awfully dark for a Pokemon game, even considering what happens in them, but maybe that is because Giovanni isn't just a nameless mook...

He realized the error of his ways to only capture the strongest Pokemon, so he went to live with and be one with the Magikarp. It's really quite a heartwarming tale.

But really, I can't tell what it sounds like. It could be water, but the sound happens right before the radio goes back on, so it is more likely meant to be static.

Could be water, but I'm not completely sure. The timing of the radio coming on doesn't help, although from what I would think, if there was static, the radio chat dialog possibly could've come up with "......." while the "static" is going on, then on with the usual chat stuff.

But that's what I would think. It's possible that he just... disappeared and may want to try and get the group back together in the future, or may has just finally given up. As far as I'm concerned though, it doesn't sound that much like static. He disappeared... in a place that has water (as far as I know). And with the sounds in the games, it... sounds more like water would be than just static.

I don't know. But I really do honestly think it's more water than static.

...whoa. That really does sound more like a splash than static.

...whoa. That really does sound more like a splash than static.

The HG/SS changes page said:
...then taking you to a small cave in Tohjo Falls where Giovanni is listening to Team Rocket's broadcast after they took over the Radio Tower. As he is about to respond to the Executives' pleas for him to return, you battle him, presumably defeating him, and subsequently he walks out of the cave and there is an ambiguous sound that might just be the static of the radio but sounds a suspicious lot like the splash of somebody committing suicide by jumping in a waterfall. No, seriously.

I'm just curious if this topic has swayed your opinion on the matter any.

While it being water would be awesome I really hope it isn't. Giovanni's too awesome to die D:
And it would be odd that you can hear someone jump in but not hear the waterfall itself. But then if it was supposed to be him jumping in then they would make it so that you hear it. How would Ethan/Lyra know that "he's not coming" if it wasn't him jumping?

Killing yourself because someone is better at Pokémon than you is stupider than letting them run free around your hideout because they beat you. I don't know if I want to be suicide or not. I want it to be both D:
I haven't been this conflicted for a while. I think I might even just write that emoticon again D:

Here's another bit of unrelated-but-still-interesting "death in a kids game"-type stuff:

"In RBY and its remakes, you run into your rival in Pokemon Tower, the Pokemon graveyard. No big deal, right? You run into him all kinds of places. Then you realize his Raticate, that he had from the beginning of his team and the last time you fought him is no longer on his team... which isn't even full..."

Back
Top Bottom