• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Contests, or Pokeathlon?

So which is better?

• R/S/E contests

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • D/P/Pt contests

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HG/SS Pokeathlon

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • All of them suck ><

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
The question is simple, which do you like more? R/S/E contests, D/P/Pt contests, or the Pokeathlon? They're both small little sidequests that can amount to hours upon hours of gameplay time, if you're dedicated.
And I put D/P/Pt and R/S/E contests seperate because, to me at least, they're very different.

Personally, I think it's close between R/S/E contests and the Pokeathlon. The R/S/E contests I remember fondly as the sidequest that encompassed about 1/8 of my total gameplay time, just because I had to beat Master Rank with one certain Pokemon, and get a portrait of my Pokemon in the Art Museum. Plus they involved strategy with the appeal round. The only thing that I didn't like was the limited amount of PokeBlocks.

But I think that Pokeathlon is the best, just because there is so much you can do in it. There are a ton of events, but they all manage to be different and very fun, depending on what you're good at.

RSE contests. They're far more strategy-based and more fun than DPP contests, and while the Pokéathlon is pretty fun it doesn't involve as much strategy as I would like. :/

I like the RSE Contests, because it was just so fun to become a minor celebrity, at least in Lilycove. And the DPPt contests are very hard to win unless you have a strategy guide on effective dressup things in front of you.

The Pokeathlon is nice, but I wish there were more where you only controlled one at a time and then switched. Plus is scratches up my screen.

i liked the r/s/e contests the most, just because they were simpler and didn't involve dancing x_x Plus, I had a Level 100 Pelliper that I used strictly for contest purposes... it was awesome.

I'd like to see some form of contest as well developed as the battling system. Maybe not as important to the game as a whole but one that requires more training than just feeding blocks/poffins/aprijuice. The battling system stays more or less the same (in how it's turn based etc. I know how the mechanics do change) but the contests seem to change quite a bit. I'd be nice if they settled and developed the contests more instead of changing it when the next game comes out.

I think I like the R/S/E contests the most. I never understood how to dress Pokémon up well (and I keep selecting the wrong accessories due to my touch screen being slightly off) and dancing was usually pretty easy. Pokéathlon is okay but it just seems more like a bunch of mini-games than anything. If anything I'd like to have both contests AND Pokéathlon.

I guess the third gen contests, although fourth did expand on them. Pokeathalon is some elementary bullshit in my honest opinion.

I like Pokeathlons because they're so interactive and I can use more than one Pokemon. I love the little stylus minigames that make my arms sore when I work on them for two hours in the morning. <3 Also, I can use an effective team of three instead of choosing one among my many Pokemon that I usually accumulate over time.

Also, I don't need to make Pokeblocks or Poffins to make my Pokemon good at them. I hardly even use Aprijuice.

RSE contests for sure! The only thing to me that the DPPt contests have going for them are the dress-up stages.

RSE contests. They're far more strategy-based and more fun than DPP contests, and while the Pokéathlon is pretty fun it doesn't involve as much strategy as I would like. :/

This (yes I know quoting something then just saying "This" is really lazy but whatever) although I think it would be great if we could have both.

The pokeathlon, most definitely. It's simple and fun, perfect for playing against my younger relatives, or just to challenge my own high scores.

The prizes are also great, especially considering how scarce elemental stones are in HGSS.

rse contest were awesome D: I liked them much better than the DPPT ones because I hated how gimmicky and horrible the dress-up sections were (also the themes are so dumb! 'the created' what the hell does that even mean?) and also the dance parts were... kind of dumb.

I like pokeathlon better than the DPPT contests but RSE beats them both because they don't rely on how good I am with the stylus either way. I've only used the pokeathlon so far to get a fire stone for my vulpix.

Back
Top Bottom