• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS Wi-Fi Team

Professor Wesker

Fesh Pince of Blair
I've finally put together a team I like for competitive battling on SoulSilver. Here it is!

Scout/Ninjask (Baton Passer)
Item: Leftovers

Protect
Substitute
Double Team
Baton Pass

Gluttony/Lickylicky (Physical Sweeper)

Item: Life Orb

Substitute
Swords Dance
Focus Punch
Facade

Jessie/Gardevoir (Special Sweeper)
Item: Choice Specs

Charge Beam
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Psychic

Adolf/Probopass (Wall)
Item: Brightpowder

Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave
Magnet Rise
Earth Power

King KRool/Feraligatr (Physical Sweeper)
Item: Muscle Band

Waterfall
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Swords Dance

Deidara/Muk (Curse-Tank)
Item: Black Sludge

Curse
Poison Jab
Shadow Sneak
Explosion

Please rate and comment. Advice for improving my team is welcome.

I've finally put together a team I like for competitive battling on SoulSilver. Here it is!

Protect
Substitute
Double Team
Baton Pass

Double Team? Please no. You'd rather have something like Swords Dance. Most players ban Double Team anyway. Apart from that, it looks alright.

Substitute
Swords Dance
Focus Punch
Facade

lolwut Facade? Return/Body Slam, it more reliable. You have a substitute; the chances you will be statused are fairly low. Also, LO + Subs = Emo Lickylicky. And nobody likes emo lickylickies. So get Leftovers. Also, make sure that your HP is NOT divisible by 4, so you can get 4 subs without any outside damage.

Charge Beam
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Psychic

Charge Beam + Specs = Not good. Either take off the specs and run CM, or switch it with Thunderbolt.

Adolf/Probopass (Wall)

Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave
Magnet Rise
Earth Power

Power Gem > Earth Power. Many things are immune to EP. So something like a Claydol would basically just sit there laughing at you. Or any flying type with Subs for that matter.

Waterfall
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Swords Dance

Life Orb or Lefties please. Muscle Band generally isnt that good of an item. I'd also recommend Aqua Jet, but that might be a little hard to get.

Deidara/Muk (Curse-Tank)

Curse
Poison Jab
Shadow Sneak
Explosion

Nothing too bad here.

Please rate and comment. Advice for improving my team is welcome.

Nothing too wrong with the team, just some strange items/move choices. Also, if you do EV them, I'd recommend you add those to the post. Unless its just a casual team, in which case of course, its not relevant. Not too bad overall, but I didn't pay any attention to type synergy.

You need to give EVs and natures so we know whether or not your Pokemon are optimal for their job.

Protect
Substitute
Double Team
Baton Pass

Pretty much everywhere I've played has Evasion Clause. :| Double Team isn't gonna be something to keep. This set gets royally screwed by Taunt, but seeing as it's Ninjask, there's not a lot you can do about it.

You could consider dropping Substitute for an attacking move like Aerial Ace or X-Scissor, and replacing Double Team with Swords Dance. If you do, replace Leftovers with a Focus Sash. Protect on the first turn in case your opponent decides to Fake Out, Swords Dance while the opponent breaks your Sash (or attack if you think you can OHKO them), Protect again to get another turn for Speed Boost, and then Baton Pass to something else (or, if for some odd reason you have the opportunity to do so, Swords Dance again). Admittedly, though, priority moves will mess with this strategy. Play around with it a bit and see if you can find something that you like.

Substitute
Swords Dance
Focus Punch
Facade

Ehhh... I really don't like Lickilicky as a sweeper, but I guess if you have Ninjask support it could work. I don't see why you'd use Facade - you kinda have to rely on your opponent using status effects. Return's a more powerful and reliable option, but like Togetic said, you can use Body Slam instead, because the paralysis can seriously mess with the opponent. Focus Punch... um. Good for catching switches, I guess? Thing is, people will probably switch in Ghosts expecting a hit from Return or Body Slam. In such a situation, not only will the opponent suck up Focus Punch without harm, but now they'll know what you're planning and plan accordingly.

... I just now realized your Lickilicky is completely screwed over by Ghosts. Not one move to hit them with. Fix that. Aqua Tail's an okay option and it can hit Steel-types as well, but I'll admit I'm not big on the accuracy. Earthquake's an option too. And just for the hell of it, consider Explosion over Substitute. Lickilicky's the only Pokemon in the game with STAB Explosion, and since it would probably be working with one or two Swords Dance boosts, we're now practically defining the term overkill.

I'm not sure how well Life Orb will work on this set. Leftovers might be a better option.

Charge Beam
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Psychic

... Charge Beam? The hell? I think I see why - you're going for the extra little bit of firepower from the boost - but look at it this way. Once your opponent sees a Gardevoir, a lot of the time they'll expect it to be Choiced. Once they see Charge Beam, they know to switch to a Ground type right away. Now you've managed to pull off a single weak hit before being forced to switch. Choose Thunderbolt over Charge Beam - and this goes for pretty much everything, I can only think of a handful of situations in which Charge Beam would be more helpful.

Aside from that, it looks fine, assuming you've got the right nature and everything.

Adolf/Probopass (Wall)

Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave
Magnet Rise
Earth Power

Um... I'm not sure how many forums allow Brightpowder, but okay. Leftover's probably still a better option, because it doesn't rely on luck. Magnet Rise is nice, I guess, but I have to wonder how often you'll be able to pull it off before you get Earthquaked in the face. Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock are good. Normally I'd disagree with Togetic's suggestion of Power Gem over Earth Power, but considering Earth Power doesn't get STAB and you're only running one move, you're gonna have to go with the one that doesn't fail on everything with wings (and some things that don't).

I really suggest you go with another wall. Cresselia works great - it has high HP, great defenses, and a recovery move (as unreliable as it may be in Sandstorm). Plus, it can use Light Screen and/or Reflect to help the rest of your team take hits.

Waterfall
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Swords Dance

Looks good for the most part, but I'd say Life Orb would be better on this set than Muscle Band. I wouldn't necessarily suggest Aqua Jet over Waterfall because you're probably going to get a Ninjask Speed Boost anyway. The only other reason to use it would be to beat out other priority moves, of which the only common one is Bullet Punch (which Feraligatr resists anyway).

Deidara/Muk (Curse-Tank)

Curse
Poison Jab
Shadow Sneak
Explosion

oooh I love Cursetanks :D too bad Swampert does this better. Poison Jab is terrible even with STAB (too many things are immune to it and it's only super effective against Grass), but I don't know if there's anything better, so I guess you're stuck with it. Shadow Sneak makes some level of sense. Explosion would be nice on anything else, but with it you're left in the dust against Steel-types. Drop Explosion for Brick Break - Ghost and Fighting moves have great coverage together.

Honestly, I'd suggest other Cursetanks over Muk. I personally use a Swampert with Waterfall, Avalanche, Curse (obviously) and Earthquake. It's got nice coverage, and Swampert's naturally both bulky and powerful. Snorlax is another nice one since he has massive HP and good Special Defense, and Thick Fat gives him an immunity to Fire and Ice, both of which are common attack types (Immunity can give you immunity to poison status effects, which is another nice thing to have when you're tanking - the choice is yours). Registeel can use a nice pseudo-Crocune set - Curse, Iron Head, Rest, and Sleep Talk combine to make him a terror to take down.

-----

Overall, it looks good, but it needs a bit of tweaking to be really effective. And again, it'd be nice to know the natures and EV spread of all your Pokemon so we can help you out a bit more.

Thanks for the advice. I made a few adjustments to my team, and I like it a bit better now.

As for EV's and Natures, I just don't care about those. Please no criticism, I battle all my friend's EV teams, and my team can hold their own quite well.

Back
Top Bottom