• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Who is your favorite Megaman series boss?

Greed

They don't call me Greed for nothing
It can be from any Megaman game. Mine has got to be Elecman cause he can use electricity does he need any other reason that than that?

Edit: I have a few others as well. They are; Snakeman, Iceman, Pharohman, Flameman, Quickman, Yamatoman, Magnetman and Cutman

Last edited:
I like quite a few. If I have to say my favorite from each game... Fire Man, Flash Man, Snake Man, Dust Man, Gravity Man, dunno for 6, Cloud Man, Search Man, Tornado Man, Sheep Man. In that order. Woooo.

I like quite a few. If I have to say my favorite from each game... Fire Man, Flash Man, Snake Man, Dust Man, Gravity Man, dunno for 6, Cloud Man, Search Man, Tornado Man, Sheep Man. In that order. Woooo.

High five for liking Snakeman!

my favourites are timeman, quickman, heatman, geminiman, shadowman, brightman, centaurman, plantman, tornadoman, chillman and pluto

not exactly the most badass group of robot masters (and one stardroid lol), but hey i think they're cool P:

Flash Man is a badass. I can imagine him with a deep British accent going "HALT" and stuff. Hell, all the space-time RMs are cool. Even Astro Man, although that's because his stage is an acid trip.

The list goes on for me, and it'll only continue to get longer.

From the Classic series, I loved Air Man, Gemini Man, Drill Man, Gravity Man,, Napalm Man, Tomahawk Man, Plant Man, Shade Man and Slash Man, Tengu Man, Astro Man, and Sword Man, and I rather liked Jewel Man , as well as Nitro Man in 10

From the Megaman X series, Storm Eagle, Armored Armadillo (X), Morph Moth, Magna Centipede, Agile, Zero (X2; Zero's optional), Neon Tiger, Gravity Beetle, Blast Hornet (X3), Storm Owl, Slash Beast, Magma Dragoon, Colonel, Double, Sigma's first 2 forms (X4; probably my personal favorite, just for how it refined the series as a whole, and really set the mood for the rest of the X series up to X6, and later Zero), Squid Adler, Dark Dizzy, Grizzly Slash, Axle the Red, The Skiver, Mattrex, X, Zero (X5; this one definitely had the best set of Mavericks in the X series. It's hard to find a boss I DON'T like in X5), Blizzard Wolfang, Rainy Turtloid, Infinity Mijinion, Blaze Heatnix, Gate, Zero, Dynamo (X6; this one gets a lot of hate for obvious reasons- it's not very well balanced, and it's extremely difficult. I personally love the high difficulty, and I love the game. Even if Ouroboros was the most irritating mini-boss ever. Props to having the best boss theme in the series), Vanishing Gungaroo, Red Alert (X7; only for the Ride Armor fight), Burn Rooster, Dark Mantis, Gravity Antonion, Earthrock Trilobyte, Optic Sunflower, Copy Sigma, Vile (X8), Wild Jango, Mach Jentra, Ferham, Fourtails (X Command Mission).

Zero series was my personal favorite in the entirety of the Megaman series. Not just because Zero was the protagonist, but because of the very good story, the music, and some really fucking cool bosses. My favorites here are;

Zero; Fefnir, Hanumachine, Leviathan, Phantom, Harpuia, Phantom, Aztec Falcon, Anubis Necromancess III, and Copy X

Zero 2 was where the bosses started to get cooler, and more original; Panter Flauclaws, Phoenix Magnion, Polar Kamrous, Fefnir, and Elpizo's first form.

Zero 3 definitely had the best boss set. Not just in the Zero series alone, but probably out of the whole Megaman series. The only thing it was lacking was more fights with the Guardians. At least one came back though =D ; Blazin' Flizard, Devilbat Schilt, Copy X, Cubit Foxtar (I still refuse to believe that she's actually a he. Even if the Source Book says otherwise.), Tretista Kelverian, Omega's 1st and 2nd forms, and Omega Zero (Greatest final boss. Ever. 'Nuff said).

Zero 4 had some pretty neat bosses, I really liked them; Heat Genblem (This guy was intense. Rightfully so, because his stage was perhaps the most intense out of any Megaman game. Those lasers are enough to make anyone nervous.), Sol Titanion (OH GOD OH GOD NOT THE SUN. Proving that Zero is a true nerd lol), Fenri Lunaedge (Way cooler than Blizzard Wolfang, no pun intended), Popla Cocaceptri, and Weil's 1st form (Nobody can beat Weil in terms of villainy. Let's just face it; one would be very hard-pressed to find ANY villain who's a more sick and deranged piece of shit who also doubles as a complete monster.)

*phew* I could go on, but there were too many bosses I liked in Battle Network and Star Force D= Let's go for one more though...

Megaman Legends is too underappreciated...; The battles with Fockewolfe, and Bon Bonne were definitely awesome. But then there's also the fight with Megaman Juno. Possibly the creepiest villain in any Megaman game. Legends 2 had some pretty neat bosses too. Namely the giant Reaverbot in the Saul Kada Ruins (That thing was just... Scary. Try taking that thing on without the Hyper Launcher. I dare you.), and Geetz (He's got fucking awesome music too! And the Bonne's are even cheering you on!), just to name a couple...

If we're counting the X series... Flame Mammoth because he's got a cool fight, Magna Centipede because he's a ninja bug, Overdrive Ostrich because he has a cool name, Toxic Seahorse because he's a seahorse made out of sludge that has a cool theme, Cyber Peacock because he's got a cool stage and needs more love, and Split Mushroom because he's got the greatest catch phrase ever.

But they all pale in comparison to Tornado Tonion. Seriously.

HEE HEE HEE I'M A GAY GERMAN ONION THAT FIRES LIGHTNING FROM MY HAN-- WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT IS NOT AWESOME???

The list goes on for me, and it'll only continue to get longer.

From the Classic series, I loved Air Man, Gemini Man, Drill Man, Gravity Man,, Napalm Man, Tomahawk Man, Plant Man, Shade Man and Slash Man, Tengu Man, Astro Man, and Sword Man, and I rather liked Jewel Man , as well as Nitro Man in 10

From the Megaman X series, Storm Eagle, Armored Armadillo (X), Morph Moth, Magna Centipede, Agile, Zero (X2; Zero's optional), Neon Tiger, Gravity Beetle, Blast Hornet (X3), Storm Owl, Slash Beast, Magma Dragoon, Colonel, Double, Sigma's first 2 forms (X4; probably my personal favorite, just for how it refined the series as a whole, and really set the mood for the rest of the X series up to X6, and later Zero), Squid Adler, Dark Dizzy, Grizzly Slash, Axle the Red, The Skiver, Mattrex, X, Zero (X5; this one definitely had the best set of Mavericks in the X series. It's hard to find a boss I DON'T like in X5), Blizzard Wolfang, Rainy Turtloid, Infinity Mijinion, Blaze Heatnix, Gate, Zero, Dynamo (X6; this one gets a lot of hate for obvious reasons- it's not very well balanced, and it's extremely difficult. I personally love the high difficulty, and I love the game. Even if Ouroboros was the most irritating mini-boss ever. Props to having the best boss theme in the series), Vanishing Gungaroo, Red Alert (X7; only for the Ride Armor fight), Burn Rooster, Dark Mantis, Gravity Antonion, Earthrock Trilobyte, Optic Sunflower, Copy Sigma, Vile (X8), Wild Jango, Mach Jentra, Ferham, Fourtails (X Command Mission).

Zero series was my personal favorite in the entirety of the Megaman series. Not just because Zero was the protagonist, but because of the very good story, the music, and some really fucking cool bosses. My favorites here are;

Zero; Fefnir, Hanumachine, Leviathan, Phantom, Harpuia, Phantom, Aztec Falcon, Anubis Necromancess III, and Copy X

Zero 2 was where the bosses started to get cooler, and more original; Panter Flauclaws, Phoenix Magnion, Polar Kamrous, Fefnir, and Elpizo's first form.

Zero 3 definitely had the best boss set. Not just in the Zero series alone, but probably out of the whole Megaman series. The only thing it was lacking was more fights with the Guardians. At least one came back though =D ; Blazin' Flizard, Devilbat Schilt, Copy X, Cubit Foxtar (I still refuse to believe that she's actually a he. Even if the Source Book says otherwise.), Tretista Kelverian, Omega's 1st and 2nd forms, and Omega Zero (Greatest final boss. Ever. 'Nuff said).

Zero 4 had some pretty neat bosses, I really liked them; Heat Genblem (This guy was intense. Rightfully so, because his stage was perhaps the most intense out of any Megaman game. Those lasers are enough to make anyone nervous.), Sol Titanion (OH GOD OH GOD NOT THE SUN. Proving that Zero is a true nerd lol), Fenri Lunaedge (Way cooler than Blizzard Wolfang, no pun intended), Popla Cocaceptri, and Weil's 1st form (Nobody can beat Weil in terms of villainy. Let's just face it; one would be very hard-pressed to find ANY villain who's a more sick and deranged piece of shit who also doubles as a complete monster.)

*phew* I could go on, but there were too many bosses I liked in Battle Network and Star Force D= Let's go for one more though...

Megaman Legends is too underappreciated...; The battles with Fockewolfe, and Bon Bonne were definitely awesome. But then there's also the fight with Megaman Juno. Possibly the creepiest villain in any Megaman game. Legends 2 had some pretty neat bosses too. Namely the giant Reaverbot in the Saul Kada Ruins (That thing was just... Scary. Try taking that thing on without the Hyper Launcher. I dare you.), and Geetz (He's got fucking awesome music too! And the Bonne's are even cheering you on!), just to name a couple...
Good God. D:>

Bass. The coolest motherfucker in all the lands.

Bass's only purpose is to be Megaman's foil, really. It also shows off how stupid he is.

"Oh, look, a black robot that looks like me! And he's got a canine companion just like I do! He's just like an evil version of me! Clearly he must be a trustworthy person to send to Dr. Light's lab!"

Well, yeah. Why do you think his backstory consists of "OOPS HEY BASS GUESS WHAT; I WAS TRYING TO CREATE ZERO BUT I FUCKED UP AND MADE YOU INSTEAD. YOU'RE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I DON'T USE CONDOMS"

I lost all respect for Bass after I played The Power Fighters.

And on the topic of Wily, Wily Machine 5, and Wily Machine 8 were two of the only fun Wily Machines in the Classic series.

lol, in my defense, I was referring to the Battle Network adaptation of Bass. I haven't even played the original series.

Wily Machine 5 was a pushover. It only falls behind the final boss of 2 as the easiest Wily fight... at least five was kinda fun. 9 had a fun Wily Machine too, though (EGGGGGS)

Classic!Forte hate makes Ketsu sad.

So, uh... Does that Zero vs X battle in X5 count? Because that's awesome.

So, uh... Does that Zero vs X battle in X5 count? Because that's awesome.

Of course it would =D Fighting X as Zero, or vice-versa's always fun. Especially since if you've played X4, you already know what attacks they're gonna use XD

Unless of course, you suck and somehow manage to beat all of the Mavericks with less than 7 hours; have fun fighting a super powered Maverick- yet not quite Maverick Zero that's all that the fight with Zero in X2 should have been.

Oh yeah, X5 had the stupid time system. I thought it was kinda stupid to do that; what if you want to replay a Maverick's stage because you think it's fun? And why is everything in that game so luck based? You can get to the final caste without beating a single maverick. And why is Grizzly weak to Red's weapon? They might as well put a giant neon sign over his head saying "BEAT THIS DUDE FIRST".

Come to think of it, I don't understand anything about X5.

Oh yeah, X5 had the stupid time system. I thought it was kinda stupid to do that; what if you want to replay a Maverick's stage because you think it's fun? And why is everything in that game so luck based? You can get to the final caste without beating a single maverick. And why is Grizzly weak to Red's weapon? They might as well put a giant neon sign over his head saying "BEAT THIS DUDE FIRST".

Come to think of it, I don't understand anything about X5.

Nothing in the game is luck based, you just need to know what you're doing; I noticed from playing several times myself that if you have less than 7 hours by the time you get to the Zero Stages, or go straight to the Zero Stages without collecting any of the Enigma or Shuttle parts, you end up having to fight Maverick Zero, and you get Bad End after beating Sigma. And it's 100% certain you'll get parts from a Maverick after beating it provided you kill it with its weakness. Whether the part you get is for X or Zero depends on whether or not you choose Part and Life, or Parts and Energy; choosing Life will get you a part of X, but Energy gets you stuff for Zero.

And the time does go away after you've opened the first Zero stage. So you're free to do whatever you want after =/ That's typically the best time to go back and get all of the Armor parts you haven't gotten, or just to dick around.

Time system isn't even that bad either; unless you don't know what you're doing, you're just dicking around, or you just plain suck, you shouldn't have to worry about time, or getting bad end anyways.

Also, Twin Dream FTW

Zero was missing his Soul Body equivalent in X4.

Oh yeah, Grizzly's piss easy without any weapons; all you need is to use Zero's dash cancel trick and he'll be down in less than 30 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom