• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Random Scribblings 3

Dannichu

Tragically unbeyachted.
If you're newly here, skip ahead to the next page. This one's pretty crap XD

--

It's back! :D

Hopefully for good. I feel pretty bad posting this new art thread without commenting on others people's art in, well, ages. I'll work on that.

Right. I like to think I've improved since ye threade of olde, but I've also decided I'm going to post pretty much everything I draw in a sort of NaNo-ish way of encouraging myself to draw more. This will mean quite a lot of extremely random scribblings.

Okay, let's go! I'm going to do this in (vaguely) the order of weirdness.

First, me. Because I'm cool.

Self.jpg

Some biro drawings (including me not remembering what the D/P starters look like) I did a little while back that now live on my housemate's wall:

PubQuizDoodles.jpg

Miscellaneous Pokemon drawn with pens at the London Expo (so much fun!):

img115.jpg

More Pokemon drawn with the fun pens (which I'd like to say now I've never used before):

img117.jpg

Some of the characters from Firefly. If you haven't seen it, go and do so now:

Firefly.jpg

Wash from Firefly being thrilled by Ianto (from Torchwood)'s pterodactyl:

Dinosaursyesss-1.jpg

Uuuuh:

img116-1.jpg

The OBVIOUS EVOLUTION PATH of the new Fire starter:

OMGYES.jpg

My team on Platinum, who are named after Buffy characters. They are Tara the Togekiss, Anya the Mamoswine, Willow the Leafeon, Xander the Politoed, Buffy the Infernape, and Spike the Luxray. Anya and Xander aren't yet inked because they look nothing like their characters.

Have you ever tried to make a Mamoswine look like Anya? It's haaaaard.

BuffyTeam.jpg

Continuing the Buffy/Pokemon theme, here's human Anya being freaked out by some bunnies. IDK.

Anyabunnies.jpg

Why I shouldn't draw while watching Buffy S5.
The first one was inspired by Tara wearing a t-shirt that has something that looks very much like a cannabis leaf on. The second one's an actual line from the show (much funnier in context) and the less said about the third one the better.

AssortedS5doodles.jpg

More Tara (we always need more Tara):

DanceTara.jpg

Tara and Giles having tea together. Which didn't happen, but totally should've.

TaraGilesTea.jpg

Back on Pokemon, my Mystery Dungeon team; Holmes the Chimchar and Watson the Rilou. Obviously.

TeamBakerSt.jpg

SNAGONAIR. (I really, really have no idea)

SNAGONAIR-1.jpg

Vaguely Buffy-related: Willow and Tara have a cat, called Miss Kitty Fantastico. This was a basic design:

MKFandFriends.jpg

...for this:

MKFcover.jpg

This may or may not become a thing. I need to come up with names for the dolphin and half-camel. Knowing about Buffy actually doesn't make this any more sensical.

Aaaaand that's it for now. If having all the pictures fully pasted makes loadning times annoying and/or crashes your page, let me know and I'll shorten everything down.

Oh, I've missed this.

Also! Requests are GO! :D

Last edited:
8D

Okay, Imma try to comment on EVERYTHING because I always found myself aww~ing at your art before and never posting anything so I feel bad about that.

...tomorrow. When I can use a laptop which doesn't take friggin years to type stuff out. DX

The first one was inspired by Tara wearing a t-shirt that has something that looks very much like a cannabis leaf on. The second one's an actual line from the show (much funnier in context) and the less said about the third one the better.

AssortedS5doodles.jpg

Oh god I remember that snake. It was hilarious. It's the one that was really obviously a model put on some tracks when it wasn't CGI isn't it?

I've missed this thread and I'm estatic to see it again. It's great to see pictures of lightheartedness once in a while. I really like the Pokémon variety pictures; they're filled with Pokémon goodness and I love how each Pokémon has a unique personality that shines through. You mystify me how you can draw with pens and their lack of erasing. Your humans' faces tend to be a bit misshapen, though, so a face guildline or a reference tends to help me with people, so I suggest you might try the same. I completely agree with Pokabu's evolution guess; it's much better than the bacon jokes Pokabu's gotten. Sorry this is so short. D:

Would you mind drawing a/n Armaldo or Relicanth?

Oh god I remember that snake. It was hilarious. It's the one that was really obviously a model put on some tracks when it wasn't CGI isn't it?

Yesssssss it is! XD I can't take that scene seriously at all, it's just so terrible.

I've missed this thread and I'm estatic to see it again. It's great to see pictures of lightheartedness once in a while. I really like the Pokémon variety pictures; they're filled with Pokémon goodness and I love how each Pokémon has a unique personality that shines through. You mystify me how you can draw with pens and their lack of erasing. Your humans' faces tend to be a bit misshapen, though, so a face guildline or a reference tends to help me with people, so I suggest you might try the same. I completely agree with Pokabu's evolution guess; it's much better than the bacon jokes Pokabu's gotten. Sorry this is so short. D:

Would you mind drawing a/n Armaldo or Relicanth?

Hehe, thank youuuu :)
Yeah, I'm still all "bwuh?" about how humans, faces especially, work. I really should use references, but I draw most of my pictures at times when I don't have them, which explains the blobbiness a little. I'll definitely work on it,t hough, and thanks muchly for the suggestion :D

Armaldo and/or Relicanth coming up! :D

....<3 Danni I think we've found a cure for all 'buh' feelings right here I need to tap into this stuff.

Wash being 'eeeee' over Ianto's dino should not make me as happy as it does.

ALSO WILSON IS TOTALLY A POKERMAN 83

Last edited:
Oh, a request, if you don't mind; The tCoDers at MCM, so You, Me, Ice, Opal, Black Hood and Amai-Hime. I tried myself before but I couldn't spew an idea. :c

And a Cradily. Gotta have a Cradily~<3

Iantooooooo! :D

... um. Lookin' good. The kitty/half camel/dolphin picture is really prettily coloured; I particularly like the blendiness of the colours on the cat. A flying butterfly pig sounds like fun. :? The koala on the misc. biro drawings is so adorable and I really, really want Giles' teapot.

I missed making incoherent comments in this thread. :D awwwwduuhaww

I think I once requested Phoenix channeling Maya that never got drawn due to Thread Implosion.

Also your stuff is adorable even though I'm not quite as jealous of it because my own drawing skills have improved significantly since the Thread Implosion. x3

...i think i love you for the buffy team x3

also why is your infernape named 'Xander the Buffy'?

EVERYTHING

Rah! is adorable. I mistook you for Yotsuba! though. That's how adorable it is~

I like Biro drawings, it takes more skill than normal because you only get one or two choices in colour. And you get to cross-hatch.

The marker pen drawings look even cuter now that they're finished. How do you get the different shades of the same colour with them? Do you have to go over them after they've dried?

The firefly characters are adorable in their own different ways; even the guy with the creepybeard and the machine gun. Maybe it's the eyes, I dunno. The preist looks as if he's staring straight at me and the two middle-end ones look as if they haven't a care in the world~

Myfanwy is an awesome name for a pterodactyl. Maybe I should start watching torchwood if there's a welsh pterodactyl in the show. XD

Zombie!Free is bordering between adorable and creepy. Like a Tailypo or whatever it's called. Impossible to hate, mind~

POKAFREE! How much do you want to bet that this'll actually happen?

I don't have much to say about the Buffy team. Except that I need to finish my HGSS team pic. OTL

Bunnies~ Coincidently, I got a bunny rabbit the other day. Even though we've had him for less than 24 hours, he's bouncy~

REALISM except not i guess. XD

Is that a SpaekleTeapot? Don't let Linooney near it or she won't give it back. c:

Team Baker Street is awesome. I forget what I called my rescue teams, probably for the better. XD

I have no idea either. Reminds me of a Gastrodon, though. Maybe Shellos are related genetically to Dratini? :o

With a Camel and a Dolphin, you can't go wrong.

And that's everything, I think. Sorry that this is kinda rushed, I've got things to do. OTL

EDIT: Ohey, some drawings that Danni gave me at the expo~
HNI_0065.jpg

An Eevee. :3
HNI_0067.jpg

An Espeon and a Franny!Vee. I can't tell whether Franny has the :3 mouth or not. Maybe it's best that way... :o

Last edited:
It's back :D!
It's baaaack :D!

I lovelovelove the pterodactyl one <3 *huge whoniverse fan*
Rescue Team Baker St is awesome. They just look so...classy (For the lack of a better word xD)
Miss Kitty Fantastico is adorable o3o (although her back leg seems a bit thick)
Franvee and Espeonnnn~ :D

Blah I'm so disappointed I didn't get to hang out with you guys at Expo more :C

Ooh, requests :3~?
In that case, would you pleaseplease draw some of the characters from my comic doing...something...:D?
I'm not all that fussed about what, so long as it's cute :3
I've also got a WIP here that I'm making a poster out of that has the characters from the sequel in it, so if you'd rather use some of them then go ahead~
I wrote their names and a little description under them so you can get a little idea of their characters =P

I'm not asking too much am I D:? You don't have to use them all, just as many as you feel like o3o

Edit: Uhhh, that image seems to be gone for some reason...
...In that case use use this instead

Last edited:
There is nothing to say other than ":D"

My favourite, however, has to be the ink drawings, with none other than Wilson in the bottom right hand corner :D

Love your work, always have~ Some of the marker ones look really good, I almost thought they were digitally done.

Your Buffy Team is really good. The lines are so sharp and clear! And your PMD team with Homes and Watson are just adorable. I love the way you coloured them. Looks like a poster of some sort. I've noticed too your shading has improved loads. Particularly in Miss Kitty Fantastico. Excellent work, the colours are quite vibrant. The only thing that kinda bugs me is the cat's paws. They look a bit... too fat for it and aren't really pressing weight on the ground, if that makes sense.

Tara and Gilles having tea is impressive as well. You've really improved on your humans. The hands are better than anything I could manage and the anatomy and poses seem fluid and nicely done.

And your Pokemon doodles as well! Same deal with the lines, beautifully sharp. My favourite's the Ninja Squirtle.

Just wonderful, Danni. ^^

You know one of the things I kept thinking about when I was on my far-too-lengthy TCoD hiatus? Your artwork. No kidding. It was awesome.

...It is still, as a matter of fact, awesome. =D

If you update this I won't forget to come to the forums on occasion.

I've told you a million times that I love the marker pictures you've done, and it's exciting to see the ones Kai posted, as well. They're very pretty and blendy and watercolor-y. Somebody really ought to get you a set of nice markers so that you can do those kinds of pictures all the time. 8D

Although I like your biro drawings just as much, so maybe it's ok.

I love the Franvee! And Team Baker St. is epic....

Oooh, requests?

Could you perhaps draw some of the Whose Line cast (I'm guessing a mix of UK and US members) as Pokemon? Please?

Colin would be a Jigglypuff. :3

Back
Top Bottom