• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nintendo's E3 Conference

Yarnchu

Yarn is comfy and easy to wear
So it just finished airing. I must say, this is the greatest thing I've seen from Nintendo in a long time. Kid Icarus on the 3DS...with graphics comparable to a Gamecube? Just not quite as polished, but I can forgive that.

AND KIRBY FINALLY APPEARED!?!? Yes...though not quite in the way I was expecting. Kirby Epic Yarn. Yes, you play as a yarn Kirby in a yarn environment using your yarn body to control the environment. Kirby hasn't been this innovative in while...which makes me very happy.

Also we got Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii. It looks fantastic. One scene in the trailer was just beautiful, when Diddy and DK were running along the ground during a sunset with their Red and Dark Brown silhouette standing out.

Then their's Legend of Zelda: The Skyward Sword. This Link has a similar design to OoT Link, but there's a bit of WW thrown into the mix. Heck, this game looks fantastic aswell.

So yeah...discuss!

DO WANT Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kid Icarus, Zelda and Kirby. EVERYTHING this year was great. Except for, of course, the Mario sports/Wii party/dance crap... But I'll forgive them for that just because of all the other epicness.

It's not really OOT Link so much as they took Twilight Princess Link, and the world, gave it Ocarina of Time's color palette, and gave it a hint of the Wind Waker cel-shading. Regardless, it does look like fun. I'm eager to turn Link into a Belmont and play around with that whip.

Kirby looks cool too; getting the Paper Mario treatment, but with yarn instead? I approve.

Mario Sports Mix looks interesting, if only for Volleyball and Hockey though. I don't get Wii Party either; they might as well have just made another Mario Party.

Definitely can't wait for the new Donkey Kong either though.

excuse me while i

FUCK YEAH GOLDENEYE

alright just had to get that out there

DO WANTS of eethree:
Nintendo 3DS, I mean look at it. Rawr.
Kirby's Epic Yarn, my mind when I saw the trailer was "Oh come on why do Kirby games always pick the shortest OMG I LOVE THIS GAME WANT WANT"
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, the sweet sweet baby of TP, OOT and WW. YES.
Donkey Kong Country Returns, I never actually played DKC2 and 3, but a series revived by the same people who revived Metroid? YES.
Metroid: Other M, it doesn't look as pretty as Metroid Prime, but I guess the story will be great.
Kid Icarus: Uprising, I never completed the original Kid Icarus (I never got far past the first Reaper, actually...), but it looks like a fun game.
Super Scribblenauts, take the concept of Scribblenauts, add good controls and adjectives. YEEEEES.
Paper Mario 3DS, Paper Mario is always cool. Always.
Ōkamiden, so cute.
Portal 2, okay, it's not Nintendo, but hey. Portal was lovely.

SORT OF WANTS of eethree:
Nintendogs + Cats
Mario Kart 3DS
Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs
Animal Crossing 3DS
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS
StarFox 64 3DS

Last edited:
Out of the games shown, I probably want Kirby's Epic Yarn the most. Kirby has never disappointed me before, and the graphics give me visual diabetes. At the same time, it seems to stray from the rest of the franchise quite a bit.

In other news, Kid Icarus: Uprising.
OH MY GOD PIT'S VOICE ISN'T EAR GRATING Except it still is but not as much as in SSBB. the game itself looks pretty interesting, thought.

they're remaking oot whaaaaaat.

this is nice for me at least because even though I bought the original just a few weeks ago I only played it a few times because I can't bring myself to play console games most of the time since I greatly prefer handhelds. THIS IS SWEET

So it turns out most of my predictions were correct, with the inclusion of DK and, surprisingly, Goldeneye, and it seems that Nintendo is making up for their past couple years of fail. There are still few things that I'm concerned about, though.

For starters, does Kid Icarus really have to be for the 3DS? I mean, it looks cool and all, but it's kinda disappointing that it won't be a console game. Especially for me, because I don't expect to be getting a 3DS anytime soon.

And since I'm on the subject of the 3DS, I'll go ahead and say that I hate that thing. A lot. I hope it's "3D'" graphics will be better than the DS, lol.

I'm also quite disappointed that they're remaking Starfox instead of creating a sequel. Again, don't get me wrong, Star Fox 64 is one of the greatest games ever, but you know... I can play it on my 64. :/ And it's for the 3DS...

As for Zelda, I feel like its graphics are caught too much between Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess. Pretty much what Blaze said. >.< I'll have to wait and see.

Kirby is... interesting. I don't really know what to say, other than it looks a little too kiddish. But hey, that's what Kirby is, amirite? Instead of using his copying abilities, I only saw him transforming instantly into stuff, which is a bit worrying. If they take out a key factor like that, the game will most likely fall apart.

wtf I don't even have a wii. D:

As for Zelda, I feel like its graphics are caught too much between Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess. Pretty much what Blaze said. >.< I'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, but it isn't a bad thing. I really enjoyed Wind Waker's visual style. I'm actually getting a sort of Jet Set Radio almost feel from the visual style, and it looks nice.

Kirby is... interesting. I don't really know what to say, other than it looks a little too kiddish. But hey, that's what Kirby is, amirite? Instead of using his copying abilities, I only saw him transforming instantly into stuff, which is a bit worrying. If they take out a key factor like that, the game will most likely fall apart.

wtf I don't even have a wii. D:

Not really. The copy ability has always been more of a gimmick. When you're playing a platformer, the only real key factor involved is... Well, platforming. And as long as there aren't any bullshit jumps or anything of the like (Grr... Megaman X6 >O) for that artificial difficulty crap, platformers are for the most part good to go. Epic Yarn actually looks more like a more enjoyable Super Paper Mario. To me, at least.

Also, the problem with new Star Fox games is that there seem to be more developers reluctant to return to the series, than to go back and make new games for the series.

I'll go ahead and say that I hate that thing

Because it makes perfect sense to pass judgment on something before you've even tried it, right? For the longest time I said the same about the PSP until I got my own a couple of years ago, and the PSP actually turned out to be a fairly decent system. Sure it needed a few more IPs than ports and rereleases, but it's a good system. It just gets better if you mod it :D

Goldeneye actually looks pretty good, the only problem I seem to have is that Pierce Brosnan is nowhere to be found. It looks like they're using that icky blond Bond.

DO WANT new super robot wars game (yeah it's on the list but no-one gave a shit)

DO NOT WANT brand new DS to waste money on

So glad they're remaking OoT. I got it on Virtual Console and I think it's the controls that I just can't get into. >_>

The 3DS is looking more and more awesome... :D I wish it looked just a liiittle bit more different to the DS though. I get that it has to have two screens for backward compatibility, but I still can't get "yet another new DS model..." out of my head because of its look. :(

Is it definitely a OoT remake or is it just another game with adult Link with that same shield? I haven't seen it yet :(

Is it definitely a OoT remake or is it just another game with adult Link with that same shield? I haven't seen it yet :(
It's definitely a remake.

Which is good for me. I don't own an N64, our GC disk for it is damaged beyond repair (damn little siblings) and our Wii can't connect to our WiFi for some reason so I can't access the VC. Plus I tend to play portable games more often than console games. And that used to be my favorite game so :I

Not really. The copy ability has always been more of a gimmick. When you're playing a platformer, the only real key factor involved is... Well, platforming. And as long as there aren't any bullshit jumps or anything of the like (Grr... Megaman X6 >O) for that artificial difficulty crap, platformers are for the most part good to go. Epic Yarn actually looks more like a more enjoyable Super Paper Mario. To me, at least.

Kirby doesn't play like a typical platformer because Kirby can fly. The games are actually rather easy to beat, but if you're going for 100% completion copy abilities are essential. The only real platforming in a Kirby game, as far as I know, comes in Kirby's Dreamland 3, where you have to ride a hamster who can't fly - though he can wall jump. Pretty much the whole stage revolves around this fact, making you perform ridiculous jumps which are easy just to bypass as Kirby but hell for the hamster. :/

Back
Top Bottom