• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The forum emoticons here are really ugly.

Karkat Vantas

Virile God-Snake Tower of Masculinity
See title.

Honestly, I don't see why we don't have custom smilies here. They're not too hard to implement, and I'm sure you'd be able to get someone to make them.

Yeah, nobody ever really uses smilies. It kinda keeps the newbs from being too annoying, but if they were a little more attractive, they might get some more...non annoying use?

Those are custom smilies, actually, that I threw together to replace vBulletin's default ones (which in my opinion are far uglier).

I honestly don't see why we should waste time messing with the smilies. 90% of all smilies posted on forums are forcibly inserted in place of the perfectly adequate text smilies that the user actually typed, anyway, and here I went to pains specifically to avoid this by making the smilie triggers things you wouldn't type unless you actually wanted a graphical smilie. I don't believe people would really use them much more frequently if they looked different.

emoticons drool text smilies rule

I like that they're ugly, because it means less people use them. If it seriously bothers you then you could always adblock them I guess. :/

I really don't think the smilies are that ugly, they're waay better than the default vBulletin smilies.

The one I use most frequently is :sweatdrop:, even though I only used that like 4 times.

Back
Top Bottom