The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Mai

Notices

Conversation Between Mai and Gevaisa
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Gevaisa
    03-05-2015 07:22 PM
    Gevaisa
    48 hour DQ warning. (Should probably be 24 at this point, I guess, but I don't particularly want to have to DQ the test battle, it's already been enough of a pain.)
  2. Mai
    02-20-2015 07:12 PM
    Mai
    Oh, no, that's completely reasonable. I'm sorry it took this long - I had /commands/ ready fairly quickly, but ref evaluation not so much... especially since my home internet's been knocked out since Sunday night. (Oklahoma does not take well to snow.) Phone posting is a long, painful process >_>;;;
  3. Gevaisa
    02-20-2015 02:23 AM
    Gevaisa
    DQ warning in the test battle, 48 hours. (I know I said not to rush, but I'm not comfortable ignoring the DQ time. Especially considering that 1. Luftballoon had apparently decided to check how I handle DQ protocol before he left.)
  4. Mai
    02-15-2015 01:14 AM
    Mai
    "(How would a test battle ending in DQ even work? There doesn't seem to be any protocol for the rewards, at least.)"

Typical DQ procedure is normal prize for the winner and referee, no prize for the disqualified person. Since the specified prizes were $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the ref, we can assume res just wouldn't get any money. (Not that it would be using it, anyway.)

Though, since it didn't give you the okay/approve you before it left, you'd have to do another test battle.

Thanks.
  5. Gevaisa
    02-14-2015 11:51 PM
    Gevaisa
    I'm glad to hear that that's been decided. I wasn't looking forward to getting all of that worked out, once the DQ time was up. (How would a test battle ending in DQ even work? There doesn't seem to be any protocol for the rewards, at least.) Don't feel you need to hurry.
  6. Mai
    02-14-2015 08:50 PM
    Mai
    Since res left ASB (and all the pokemon in its active squad ended up with me, haha), I'm taking over your test battle. I'll try to have your evaluation and my commands done as soon as possible! Sorry that it had to leave in the middle of the match, but I'll do the best I can to pick up where it left off.
  7. Mai
    02-12-2015 12:38 AM
    Mai
    I think res/1. Luftballon was actually considering using its rotom at one point. That would've been horribly ambiguous, I'm sure... and also glorious.
  8. Gevaisa
    02-11-2015 12:43 AM
    Gevaisa
    Thank you for pointing that out. Using the right pronouns in that was something of a trial. I think Honeybee the Misdreavus was the only entity referred to that actually had a specified gender.
  9. Mai
    02-10-2015 11:48 PM
    Mai
    "Zekrom_B0lt tapped the button on one of its pokeballs, (which was in rather unattractive pastel colors, as rental things are wont to be,) and held it out in front of him."

(emphasis mine) You switch pronouns midsentence here, but Zekrom's an it, not a he!