The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Superbird

Notices

Conversation Between Superbird and Eifie
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 44
  1. Superbird
    02-13-2016 05:17 PM
    Superbird
    I've been reffing Birdcrest v. Faorzia because that's easy.

I haven't forgotten about the acid rain one, I've actually just been putting it off because it's more work and I didn't want to put the responsibility on myself amidst having two other battles (one a tourney battle and therefore more important) to work on. I might place higher priority on Birdcrest v. Faorzia for a while, but once that's finished I'll definitely have the battle you're thinking of at a higher priority.
  2. Eifie
    02-13-2016 02:24 AM
    Eifie
    Hi Superbird! Thanks for wrapping up that tournament battle. I was just wondering if you remembered about the now-three-way battle in the acid rain arena — no pressure or anything, I just wanted to make sure you didn't forget since I think you have in fact been reffing your other battles? idk.
  3. Superbird
    01-16-2016 04:21 AM
    Superbird
    The Substitute's movement isn't affected at all. Basically it's just that the attack's residual damage, 1% per action, still happens to the Substitute while it's standing, and when the Substitute goes down it won't affect Adelle, it'll just appear. Mostly because ASB gives more credence to flavor and, while Substitutes are remote/soulless and thus can't really be trapped or statused (i.e. they can, but it has no real meaning since it doesn't affect them), they can take residual damage from a whirlpool battering them or a bunch of insects biting them, and there's no reason an attack that normally lasts 4-5 turns (and is not based on the user's continuous action) would instead dissipate immediately just because it didn't hit its primary target.
  4. Eifie
    01-16-2016 03:13 AM
    Eifie
    Hey, I wanted to ask about your rationale for having the Substitute trapped by Infestation (in my tournament battle). It's pretty difficult to restrain a Substitute's movement completely by accident, and even if Infestation was actually commanded that way a swarm of insects is hardly going to be an impediment to a Substitute as it's made of like elasticy goop (and not flesh) and doesn't feel pain, anyway. Regardless of how much flavour sense it might make, Substitutes just aren't affected by secondary effects even in ASB. Is there a reason why you went against that?
  5. Superbird
    10-10-2015 12:02 AM
    Superbird
    If he were to Dig, he would fall through and take about 2% fall damage, and the battle would move to below the bridge.
  6. Eifie
    10-09-2015 08:19 PM
    Eifie
    sooo, what's going to happen when Pokey tries to dig through the bridge?
  7. Superbird
    09-21-2015 08:35 PM
    Superbird
    well, i've never been one to shy away from the big, hard-to-ref ones. especially those with a bunch of pokémon on the field at once, those have large payouts.

but then again, college exists, so wish me luck!
  8. Eifie
    09-21-2015 06:36 PM
    Eifie
    :D thank you for picking up the referee's nightmare!
  9. Superbird
    08-17-2015 11:52 PM
    Superbird
    Not a problem! Whatever I can do to move things along. Don't want this to stretch into next year, after all.
  10. Eifie
    08-17-2015 12:45 PM
    Eifie
    Thanks for wrapping up that tournament match so quickly! I really appreciate it.