Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Tarvos

Notices

Conversation Between Tarvos and Emperor_Evulz
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Emperor_Evulz
    11-20-2012 03:03 PM
    Emperor_Evulz
    Wow, impressive!

I can speak English (obviously), Spanish (probably my favorite language lol) and a little Enochian.

I plan to learn Italian as well:)
  2. Tarvos
    11-20-2012 10:23 AM
    Tarvos
    To what extent? By really speak very well my count is two (Dutch and English) but if you also count languages I semi-speak or can read or whatever it's about six (it's not an exact number, because for some languages it means I can also read related materials without necessarily being able to speak them).

For example, I have some knowledge of Swedish, which means I can read and understand a fair amount of Norwegian (and Danish somewhat less), but if I want to speak Norwegian, then I have to actually speak Norwegian (now I would adapt my Swedish to sound "more Norwegian", which is not the same thing). Now my Swedish is far from perfect, so it's actually not a good example (if you ask a Swedish native speaker they will obviously get a lot more from it than I do).

But if you mean languages I will speak off-the-cuff, with mistakes, then I will say six is the answer (Dutch, English, German, French, Russian, and Swedish). If someone writes to me in any of these languages I will respond in the same language.

(By the way, the title translates to "doubt" in English.)
  3. Emperor_Evulz
    11-20-2012 10:08 AM
    Emperor_Evulz
    I just used GT for that, sorry to disappoint:(

Just a question, how many languages can you speak?
  4. Tarvos
    11-20-2012 07:16 AM
    Tarvos
    It's not as much a poem as it is a verse from a song by Lars Winnerbäck called "Tvivel". Did you use GT to figure it out, or do you speak Swedish? In the latter case I don't have to translate the title :)

And it is lovely, but it is less lovely that I know the feeling he describes.
  5. Emperor_Evulz
    11-19-2012 11:52 PM
    Emperor_Evulz
    I must say, I found the poem in your signature to be quite lovely.
  6. Emperor_Evulz
    04-10-2012 04:58 PM
    Emperor_Evulz
    1 nerd point to me!
  7. Tarvos
    04-10-2012 04:46 PM
    Tarvos
    Yeah, it is
  8. Emperor_Evulz
    04-10-2012 04:34 PM
    Emperor_Evulz
    Just a question, is your sig a reference to Harry Potter?