The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > 1. Luftballon

Notices

Conversation Between 1. Luftballon and shy ♡
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 98
  1. 1. Luftballon
    02-09-2015 04:06 PM
    1. Luftballon
    ... yeah, I meant doesn't. at least, that's how I remember it worked, but I'm not seeing it documented anywhere so ??
  2. shy ♡
    02-09-2015 12:58 PM
    shy ♡
    er .... do you mean doesn't end ?? and if so my bad i will edit
  3. 1. Luftballon
    02-09-2015 12:47 PM
    1. Luftballon
    shouldn't caldecott have gotten off I think charge anyway, because the round does end until the end of the action after switching?
  4. 1. Luftballon
    02-08-2015 02:21 AM
    1. Luftballon
    I have many heads and the other ones are getting bored.
  5. 1. Luftballon
    02-08-2015 02:21 AM
    1. Luftballon
    I do.
  6. shy ♡
    02-08-2015 02:19 AM
    shy ♡
    why do you keep talking at me, go talk to yer buddies
  7. 1. Luftballon
    02-08-2015 12:19 AM
    1. Luftballon
    "i agree with Mai mostly, though I think a numbers calc is very helpful tbh because a lot of people (like me) are very not-good with numbers and that turns them off the whole idea of reffing or participating when, in fact, the numbers play a very small part in everything. the fact that you /can/ just poke numbers in a calculator and have it churn results out for you shows just how small a part they play, actually - and moreso, having a calc helps you figure out what sort of strategies you wanna use. if you wanna hit with thunder or tbolt, for example, which is more cost-effective. (that's a bad example but w/e.)"

I don't think the numbers themselves are that important, blah blah arithmetic, punch the numbers into a calculator is fine if it's just the arithmetic. but knowing where the numbers are coming from is important?

and that doesn't mean you have to be good at actually figuring out what the numbers are supposed to be (you can always ask someone) but ime people who blindly punch numbers into calculators without knowing what they do or why it works

are also really bad at figuring out e.g. when something isn't exactly the same, where they went wrong or something
  8. 1. Luftballon
    02-05-2015 09:50 PM
    1. Luftballon
    thank you
  9. shy ♡
    02-05-2015 09:31 PM
    shy ♡
    it's because you're not important
  10. 1. Luftballon
    02-05-2015 05:09 PM
    1. Luftballon
    also huh poo and its gigantic item stash got back