The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Whirlpool

Notices

Conversation Between Whirlpool and The Omskivar
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. The Omskivar
    03-23-2015 03:49 PM
    The Omskivar
    Heyyyyyy late 48-hr DQ warning on your battle with Ampharos. Still my favorite to ref at the moment, so get those commands in!
  2. The Omskivar
    11-04-2011 10:48 PM
    The Omskivar
    Haha no I thought you meant use Slash. Pff I'm silly
  3. Whirlpool
    11-04-2011 10:18 PM
    Whirlpool
    Slash > name of my Zangoose.

Unless you're asking why I'm switching to him, in which case it's because I have no better option.
  4. The Omskivar
    11-04-2011 10:13 PM
    The Omskivar
    Why would you use Slash on a Ghost type?
  5. The Omskivar
    10-26-2011 08:47 PM
    The Omskivar
    You wrote the reply on your own profile XD I just noticed

Yeah, I can see how you'd escape the clutches, but I can't see you trapping Skorupi. I'll write it out and see how it turns out though.
  6. The Omskivar
    10-23-2011 06:22 PM
    The Omskivar
    "Faint Attack out of his grip - as in, go intangible and pop up somewhere (as per Mean Look's description of the move), preferably out of Chelsae's reach. Then, Dig diagnonally upwards (i.e. make a separate tunnel from your entrance); try to collapse it behind you as you go. Now, as she tries to follow you, bury her with an Earthquake."

This would insinuate that Earthdrake is either reappearing in the sand, which wouldn't make sense, above the sand, which could theoretically work, or in his premade entrance tunnel, close to the surface, which would make the most sense. Then he's digging a separate exit tunnel, which he collapses behind him, which would work. Then Earthquaking to collapse the tunnel and hit for major damage. Which would also work, because yes, shifty sand is shifty.

Skorupi is faster than you, and you're Earthquaking on the last action, so I'm assuming it'll get out the original tunnel before you collapse it.
  7. Whirlpool
    10-23-2011 06:08 PM
    Whirlpool
    The Skorupi clung onto Earthdrake as he dug down; now he's about to come up a different route without making another tunnel. Unless there's a big communication mistake between us?

Also, the whole "Earthquake hits all underground Pokémon for double damage" thing. and sand is shifty :/
  8. The Omskivar
    10-23-2011 03:31 PM
    The Omskivar
    No worries, I think I've got it figured out :P So disappear to somewhere already in the tunnel, then dig a collapsed escape route out? If the Skorupi has a path out I don't think you're going to collapse it with Earthquake, but you will hit the...lemme RNG it...Hippopotas that'll be derping around. Drat, you were like two numbers away from rolling something with Levitate.
  9. Whirlpool
    10-23-2011 03:08 PM
    Whirlpool
    Apology in advance for making the battle as confusing as possible!