The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Rainbow Dashie

Notices

Conversation Between Rainbow Dashie and Vipera Magnifica
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
  1. Rainbow Dashie
    03-29-2013 09:37 PM
    Rainbow Dashie
    I don't have it on this comp unfortunately and can't access my other one for now
  2. Vipera Magnifica
    03-13-2013 11:52 PM
    Vipera Magnifica
    Yes indeed. That movie brought me to tears. Few films can do that. :)
  3. Rainbow Dashie
    03-13-2013 11:18 PM
    Rainbow Dashie
    yay, glad you liked it :D that reminds me, I need to watch Solaris, The Mirror, Nostalgia and The Sacrifice eventually. Andrei Rublev was almost as mesmerizing as Stalker. also I see you gave The Elephant Man 5/5 :D
  4. Vipera Magnifica
    03-13-2013 03:42 PM
    Vipera Magnifica
    Hey, I just watched Сталкер. That sure was a very intriguing and just plain mesmerizing film.
  5. Vipera Magnifica
    01-25-2013 04:26 AM
    Vipera Magnifica
    HO-LY CRAP. Yep, Se7en was definitely good.
  6. Rainbow Dashie
    01-23-2013 08:38 AM
    Rainbow Dashie
    Se7en is really amazing, I actually prefer it to Fight Club! (only by a margin though)
  7. Vipera Magnifica
    01-23-2013 04:55 AM
    Vipera Magnifica
    Okay, I will watch these Lynch films! As for Bergman, I have only seen The Seventh Seal and Wild Strawberries. I will have to watch Persona and Fanny and Alexander next.

I'm also going to watch Se7en with some friends later this week, because I heard it was good (and directed by the same guy who did Fight Club).
  8. Rainbow Dashie
    01-21-2013 08:49 PM
    Rainbow Dashie
    yeah Dennis Hopper sure stole the show in Blue Velvet, though I'd have liked it if the other performances were a bit more serious as well, and if there had been more backstory to the crimes. Mulholland Dr is really extremely awesome beyond words, it's my 2nd fave film overall (assuming you've seen my fave films list on rym though xD), The Elephant Man is very human, heartwrenching and thought-provoking, and Eraserhead is well really bizarre, horrifying and dark, full of disturbing body horror-ish images, unlike anything else I've seen. I highly recommend that you watch Mulholland Dr and Lost Highway first. Inland Empire is apparently his craziest and scariest film, that is best left as the last one someone watches from his works as it's seemingly a self-parody of sorts and one of the most inaccessible films out there; I'm still gathering up the courage to watch that myself.
  9. Vipera Magnifica
    01-21-2013 01:34 PM
    Vipera Magnifica
    Blue Velvet was good! Dennis Hopper's character was terrifying. I need to get around to watching more David Lynch films. The Elephant Man, Eraserhead, and Mulholland Dr. are all on my watchlist now. Sometime I will start using RYM to rate movies though xD.
  10. Rainbow Dashie
    01-21-2013 07:01 AM
    Rainbow Dashie
    I've been busy with exams and playing some dota2. Also I see you still haven't got around to actually rating films on rym though. xD How did you like Blue Velvet? Also I need to watch more Ingmar Bergman films myself; The Seventh Seal and Wild Strawberries were both really good, Persona got a bit lost on me though (but then it inspired Mulholland Dr so it's all good in the end!)