Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Dannichu

Notices

Conversation Between Dannichu and Kinova
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 118
  1. Dannichu
    08-15-2008 12:24 AM
    Dannichu
    Eee~ I got into Kent uni!! :D
    It's very strange how I can simultaneously really look forward to and be utterly terrified of something X3

Good luck with yours next week - and have fun in London with Wicked and everything :DDD
  2. Kinova
    08-13-2008 09:17 PM
    Kinova
    Oh, I was right then. I wasn't sure because I pay little attention to this stuff. ^^; I'm sure you'll do fine, don't worry~

I was making toast the other morning and had the song stuck in my head, so I had to try and Tango Maureen around the kitchen. It was fun :3
  3. Dannichu
    08-13-2008 09:04 PM
    Dannichu
    Also: I love your new usertitle so much X3
  4. Dannichu
    08-13-2008 09:03 PM
    Dannichu
    Yup, they do. And I'm absolutely terrified.

Thanks so much <3
  5. Kinova
    08-13-2008 08:58 PM
    Kinova
    Heylo~
    I'm not sure if this is right, but I think the results to the scary sixth-formery exams are coming out tomorrow? I dunno if it's different in your area or what, buuut I just wanted to wish you luck and stuff.
    Good luuuck~

I'm done. :3
  6. Kinova
    07-22-2008 08:40 AM
    Kinova
    I've never tried curly hair before now, but it was Galinda with ringlets or no Galinda at all, she looks un-Galinda-ish without them. D: Still, I have a reference sitting on top of my head, so I think I've got the hang of it.
    See, she has green eyes on my book cover, but it looks weird. Deceptive thing.
    Hum, maybe I'll draw so rainbow people with different colour skin to see what's easiest. x3; Because peach is stupidly awkward to shade with, you're quite right. I have a skin coloured pencil, but it's A) shrinking rapidly and B) goes orange if I press too hard. o.o
    Aaaah school finishes today and I won't be able to see Pheebs every morning and go "GOING TO SEE WICKED :DD". I'll have to take it out on my sister instead.

...so much for trying to keep it brief. :P
  7. Dannichu
    07-19-2008 11:41 PM
    Dannichu
    Ahaha, oh that's the story of my life (recently, at least). They're so much fun to draw :D I wish I could get the hang of curly hair, but most of the time I just go "Squiggles :D" and call it done.
    I tend to draw Galinda with blue eyes, just because she has the whole stereotypical blonde thing going on. I don't think her eye colour's mentioned in the book, but they're normally blue in fanfiction (fanfiction = the source of all knowledge).
    Plus, green skin is just awesome to colour. I never noticed it until I started drawing people, but white people have a really stupid skin colour. It's not quite pink, not quite peach, not quite yellow and somehow you have to mix everything together to get something vaguely right, and even then it's impossible to shade with. Oh, woe is me. Black people are fine (I love drawing Joanne :D), but green is definitely the easiest.

I was an excited wreck a whole month before I went to see it - we went to see it the first weekend after our last exam, and I'm pretty sure the thought of going to see Wicked was the only thing that got me through those last few finals XD

Oh geez; these messages are gonna end up as long as our PMs X3
  8. Kinova
    07-19-2008 11:25 PM
    Kinova
    XD The problem is not so much drawing them, it's the fact it's difficult to stop. Everything I've started this week has ended up as Elphie or Glinda or both. o.O (I think half the reason is Glinda's haaair~ So much fun to draw. Although not knowing the colour of her eyes is annoying me. Green or blue?)
    I /think/ we're seeing Khadime, if my memory serves. :D The same cast that's there now will be doing it in August, anyway.
    Oh, don't expect me to shut up about it for at least a week x3 *flaps about a bit more*
  9. Dannichu
    07-19-2008 07:57 PM
    Dannichu
    You should never apologize for drawing Wicked pictures (heaven knows I don't - and look at what I do to them), you should make an art thread, though :D
    And if you have the same cast as I did, it's bound to be stunning. Our Elphaba, Alexia Khadime, was amazing. I sat through the entirety of The Wizard and I with a O.O expression on my face because I've never seen someone sing so amazingly well before. And our Galinda was hilarious during Popular~
    You have to tell me all about it when you get back from seeing it~
  10. Kinova
    07-19-2008 07:45 PM
    Kinova
    Yes~ It's, uh, the 15th August, I think. I'm going with a friend (and her parents but ehh details) and I cannot wait.
    I've been nosing round Wicked in the West End sites and ahhhh I need to calm down. The cast all look awesome, especially Elphie. (Also it's brought on a bout of new Wicked pictures ohnoes XD it's the lack of computer doing it)
    But :D