The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Dannichu

Notices

Conversation Between Dannichu and Eifie
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Eifie
    03-20-2013 01:15 PM
    Eifie
    I made a Dio customization on neopets and I don't have any friends who have played VLR and are on neopets to show it to... :( The Fancy Frock Coat is perfect though! I just wish they had digital watches ugh. Also let's be official buds.

(it was either that weird bone sword or a rock pick. there are no knives and only one dagger which is actually a set of two daggers. :c)
  2. Eifie
    03-09-2013 01:04 AM
    Eifie
    Nooo here I am!

Okay so like Quark makes me SO ANGRY. I spent the entire game thinking and hoping that he would totally be the mastermind and then there's that bit in Luna's ending where everyone's dead and Quark's missing and then suddenly it's like DING-DONG AN AMBIDEX GATE HAS BEEN OPENED and I was like omG finally?!?!?! but nope. He's just boring old Quark. So disappointed. I really wanted the stuff Dio said in the timelines where he and Quark betray Tenmyouji to be true, but alas. :(

Haha yeah, I know, like the part where Phi's like "you must've done a lot of drugs to look like that at 22" and wow, all of Sigma's creepy hitting-on is now even more creepy when you think about how everybody else saw it!

Sigh, Alice. I just love this bit on tv tropes that I thought summed everything up perfectly: Alice succumbs to Radical-6 in every timeline and either kills herself with a scalpel (or the "Myrmidons" knife) or else she's stopped just in time by Sigma. In the path to the "Quark" ending Quark is cured of Radical-6, Dio and K escape and Sigma manages to avoid getting poisoned by his bracelet due to an impromptu amputation (he's glad to not be dead, though). The survivors are taking the whole situation pretty well, but then Alice spoils the mood by bursting into the room to dramatically kill herself. "Not again!" thinks the player.

Haha, I love the bit about the curse of Sigma's cat puns. And I have reblogged screenshots of K on the Zero Jr. ride so many times. They're excellent. Alice is excellent once in a while. I think my favourite line in the entire game had to be REMOVE THESE SHORTS OF OBFUSCATION!

Right, I'm trying to get Cirrus to play 999 so e can play VLR! Also would you happen to have read/played/something Dangan Ronpa? You should. It's great. One of the voice actors is actually Dio's Japanese voice actor, apparently. Anyway it's a game that I think comes up a lot with games like VLR and Ace Attorney. SA has had the paywall up for way too long, though, argh! I need my SDR2 fix :c
  3. Dannichu
    03-08-2013 11:39 PM
    Dannichu
    Aww, bless you :) Because of time zones, I'm probably going to head off to bed quite soon, but I absolutely promise to reply more quickly than last time :p
  4. Eifie
    03-08-2013 10:35 PM
    Eifie
    I pledge to reply to your VM sometime tonight so you will have some company. :o Look forward to it.
  5. Dannichu
    02-18-2013 05:27 PM
    Dannichu
    Aaaah, sorry this reply is like a month late, I actually wrote a reply before, but then the forum ate it, and I was so filled with rage I couldn't bring myself to type it out again. And then I forgot. I'm the worst, sorry :(

But I've since FINISHED the game and oh god, what a GLORIOUS game it was. You're so right, Luna's ending is the BEST, she's pretty much the best character. The Phi ending is great because it explains so much (except, amusingly, Phi herself), and I also love the K ending because it had probably the biggest WTF moment in the entire game. I love to hate Dio, but I LOVE the Tenjimouji twist, that was FANTASTIC and makes so much sense. Quark was a little boring in terms of being not having much of a twist, although his story is really, really sad if you think too much about it, and the Tenji bit at the end when they're talking about the motorcycle paths made me more emotional than I thought I would be :( Thinking too much about Clover and Snake, given the twist ending makes me really sad, too.

I'm pretty pleased with myself for figuring out some stuff (almost all from the Knox's Laws thing - that was SO CLEVER, though), but there was so much that I just didn't get at all and took me completely by surprise. Although the Sigma-foreshadowing here and there is SO GOOD, like when he's talking about how he's a student and Clover's all 'been working on that PhD for a while, eh?'. It's tied back to 999 really well, although the final-final bit of the game was a bit disappointing because it was slightly too sequel hook-y, in a way that 999 wasn't. I love that Alice's story was fully explained, and I really like her character, although she spends most timelines either dying or nearly-dying.

The bit of the game where the Gentlepoints show up is GREAT. I also love the explanations of stuff like Quark's hat, it's so funny in such an otherwise heavy game. And, oh god, the bit where it's talking about the A and B floors and says something like 'rumours of connections with a Swedish pop band have been dismissed as hurtful to all involved' or something. Amazing. And the BIT WHERE K RIDES ON THE ZERO JR RIDE. Alice and Sigma's reactions are phenomenal.

I'm trying to get everyone to play it too, except I think everyone should start with 999 - not that VLR can't be played first, it can quite easily, I think, but VLR ruins most of 999 and that story's just too good to be spoiled. And 999 never made it to the stupid UK so I just have to lend it out to one person at a time. But I've got you to talk to about it, so that makes me happy :)
  6. Eifie
    01-22-2013 11:22 PM
    Eifie
    Haha, I finished the game about five days after I got it. :p I just left it on on sleep mode most of the time and fortunately never got the thing that I keep getting now where my 3DS just doesn't wake up after sleep mode again! You might want to save often, though, because my game crashed a couple of times. I think that's how the save bug actually lapins; you save in one of the glitched rooms and your game crashes before you can save again, so you're just left with that corrupted save.

Hm, I remember being sad in the beginning that I didn't like the characters in this game as much as I did in 999. I absolutely love Dio though, and Luna to a lesser extent, and I ship them to death - well, actually, I ship Dio with pretty much the entire cast, ehehe. I do adore Zero III if you couldn't tell, and whoops, time to go back through this VM and see where I can work in some rabbit puns!

Luna's ending is the very best ending. It is. the best. Just the best. It was the first ending I replayed after beating the game.

Have you seen the part in the game where gentlepoints actually shows up yet? I love the files about Sigma's cat puns myself. I love all that stuff too! It's part of what just... makes the Zero Escape series for me. When Digital Root starts playing and there's this huge infodump about morphogenetic field theory or quantum mechanics or the Chinese room and it's just. :D.

I've been recommending VLR to a lot of people too, though I think they just shrug it off as they do when I get totally obsessed with something. I guess I'll just spend my days yelling about it on tumblr.

what do you mean the server is too busy for me to send a VM to Dannichu don't you know VLR is IMPORTANT
  7. Dannichu
    01-22-2013 10:29 PM
    Dannichu
    Oh my goodness, I've spent the last three days or so being HOOKED on VLR. I'm about 26 hours in and, like you, have been terrified of that saving bug, so my solution is to PLAY IT AT ALL TIMES so I never have to save. The timeline-jumping thing is so great though, it means I actually can keep saving to an absolute minimum.

So far I've gotten Clover, Dio and Tennymoldy's endings. Luna's probably my favourite character, but everyone's really interesting. Actually, I'm finding this game probably more fun than 999 because the characters have a bit more personality, I think. I liked Clover and Snake in 999, but didn't especially care about anyone else. Alice is super cool (although the biggest mystery of the game so far is what on earth is she wearing), and Tenny and Quark are wonderful. Zero III is fantastic, I love him. I want a cuddly toy of him I can just leave lying around and constantly scare myself with.

I've got a notepad that I keep next to me and write notes to myself in every time there's something suspicious that I'm curious about, and it looks like the notepad of a serial killer. I don't know how far you've gotten, so I won't mention too much, though, in case I spoil anything. Okay, just one thing - they keep mentioning that Luna's 'got a medical license' but don't say if she's actually a doctor, or what kind of doctor she is. I hope we find out, I really, really want to knooooow. Part of me hopes she's evil in some way. She could be a scientist who helped develop Radical-6.

I TOTALLY love the extra stuff you get in the Gold Files. The entry about 'gentlepoints' is the FUNNIEST thing I've ever read. And all the real-world stuff is so interesting, like how they talk about Shroedinger's Cat and talk about quantum mechanics and the Turing Test and all that. I'm interested to see if, in the process of telling the story, they break all 10 of Knox's Commandments :p

Basically, I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH. I've been recommending it to anyone who'll listen, except I think 999 should be played first (not because VLR isn't as good without it, but VLR kind of ruins lots of 999 and 999 should never be ruined) and it was never relased in the UK and costs about 20 pounds to import. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, but I'm so pleased I've got someone to talk to about it :D
  8. Eifie
    12-21-2012 12:31 PM
    Eifie
    I love it! I've gotten about eight hours out of it so far and I am actually so terrified of losing my save data because of that bug, aaa. I don't think I could stand to read all that again so soon. I've gotten as far as I could on all the branches of the flowchart after taking the door with Alice and now I'm working on the one with Tenmyoldy.

I'm not sure how obvious it's supposed to be who Alice is right away; I'd felt so clever for thinking "oh, but do you mean Allice? :o oho" but maybe that was just because it's been a while since I finished 999. Maybe their clothes have something to do with their ~secret line of work~!. It's intriguing. I guess most of my thoughts right now would be spoilers so I'll keep them to myself for now! But I desperately want to know who K is!

I feel so terrible for Clover... "Actually, this is my third Nonary Game..." How unfortunate do you have to be.
  9. Dannichu
    12-21-2012 08:42 AM
    Dannichu
    Oh my goodness, I would LOVE to obsess over VLR with you, but I've not actually gotten that far with it - I desperately want to play it, but real life keeps making me do other stuff (work, sleep, be social). I know exactly how you feel, though; when I was playing 999 I made pages of notes about my theories and thoughts on characters and stuff, but I didn't have anyone to talk to about it because nobody I knew had played the game.

Are you enjoying VLR then? I'm really, really looking forward to playing it properly, and I'll get right back to you with any developments/thoughts I have with it. At the moment, the most pressing thing on my mind is what on earth is Alice doing here? (And second is what on earth are Alice and Clover wearing?)
  10. Eifie
    12-21-2012 12:57 AM
    Eifie
    Hi, Dannichu! So this is totally random but I need somebody to obsess at over Virtue's Last Reward because omg. How far have you gotten? :o These jerks keep betraying me because they're jerks. Jerks. :(