The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Dannichu

Notices

Conversation Between Dannichu and surskitty
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 56
  1. surskitty
    03-09-2013 01:44 PM
    surskittyMOD
    Yyyyeah, and I still don't have a source of income besides my dad sticking money in my account on a regular basis. :( Should probably start on disability paperwork at some point.

Have fun with that! What's your current job, anyway?

I've not played Theatrhythm! It looks fun though. And yes, Vivi is the cutest, and Dagger is the best. Freya is also the best. tbh I love the whole cast but :3

I started playing FFT last night! It's hard. Also, all of my male generics are shit, which I'm okay with, but given that the game kind of rewards you for murdering your party members, ... ... ... I probably won't kill them off but I'm still considering it.

I've been taking an intaglio class and a metalsmithing class, and I'm kind of atrocious at the metalsmithing but whatever. My intaglio plate's going slowly and I haven't decided what I'm doing with my aquatint project yet, but it's going! And the prints will probably look interesting once I'm done, which is the important thing. I should scan my first proof and post a shitty print! (The print is shitty because it's on newsprint and because I hadn't been wearing gloves when I was applying ink, and so it's significantly FINGERprints with a side of 'newsprint really doesn't hold ink very well, but at least it's not $5 a sheet'.)

Other than class (and I'm also in digital illustration and korean, but those are less inherently exciting), I haven't been doing that much lately! So it goes. I got off some medication that'd been probably making me more sick, though, and I started physical therapy so that one day I might be able to walk with my heels touching the ground at some point. Apparently my hamstrings are the tightest one person at the PT place has ever seen. Well then.
  2. Dannichu
    03-09-2013 08:12 AM
    Dannichu
    I really hope you're able to visit sometime again, too, but god, travelling between the UK and US isn't cheap D: I'm about to start a new job and I'm going to save like hell and I hope I might be able to visit the US maybe next winter?

I've really not been up to much lately - I've spent the last few weeks travelling around seeing people because this job doesn't let me take holiday for ages, so I'm at my parents' at the moment, but later today I'm meeting with Mhals in London and we're seeing Matilda (the musical, not a friend I'm expecting you to just know about). I'm very excited.

FFIX is a very good game. I've wanted to re/play ALL the Final Fantasies recently, since getting Theatrhythm for the 3DS. It makes me nostalgic for games I haven't actually played. I'm really impressed you played through it so quickly! Vivi is the cutest character in just about anything.
    What else have you been up to?
  3. surskitty
    03-09-2013 04:16 AM
    surskittyMOD
    I told mum you said hi! She was like :D

I had a totally awesome time staying with you and hope that I eventually will be able to do so again :D

What's been up lately?

I played FFIX last week through yesterday! I like it a lot.
  4. Dannichu
    10-31-2012 11:29 AM
    Dannichu
    Thank you! :)
  5. surskitty
    10-30-2012 12:33 PM
    surskittyMOD
    Happy birthday!
  6. Dannichu
    06-10-2012 11:32 AM
    Dannichu
    Oh, bless you :)

I hope you kids are having lots of fun in Reading; have you been up to much?
  7. surskitty
    06-09-2012 11:09 PM
    surskittyMOD
    Espeon and I just looked at one of your posts and agreed yet again: "I love Dannichu."

I just thought you should know.
  8. surskitty
    05-19-2012 11:38 PM
    surskittyMOD
  9. surskitty
    05-10-2012 03:51 AM
    surskittyMOD
    while Maryland has gay marriage
    Nope! It's recognised on some levels and not on others; county employees, for example, are fucked if they want to put a same-sex spouse on their health insurance.

ETA: though that might have changed recently, hm. Worth checking, I guess, but Maryland's really, really prone to half-assing things.
  10. surskitty
    04-25-2011 11:37 PM
    surskittyMOD
    Aaaaah let's not talk about it :(

Negrek said Boston or Detroit in the thread ...! :Db

I was sick last night, so we skipped it :<

That's from Suikoden V! Which is for PS2. You really should play it ... Amazon's got it reasonably priced! The Suikoden games are pretty awesome; I made a thread a bit ago for disorganised reccing of Suikoden games but I've only gone through I there. Going to make a post for II caps, though! And possibly V caps.