The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > surskitty

Notices

Conversation Between surskitty and M&F
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. M&F
    03-26-2015 10:46 PM
    M&F
    Not an oficial DQ warning yet, I guess, but be sure to post commands in the tournament battle soon. Just one more set for this round, after all.
  2. M&F
    02-25-2015 01:49 AM
    M&F
    You might not have noticed since it took a while for any reffings to get posted there, but, you might want to post commands in your tournament battle.
  3. M&F
    02-06-2015 02:57 AM
    M&F
    You're welcome. I apologize for not being around to stop the situation from escalating as much as it did, and I'm glad this helps to resolve it properly.

Hmmm. I'm not sure I understand the concern, but I'll keep it in mind.

Blazhy is, as far as I know, writing an apology as I speak. I suppose she wasn't really sure how to end the discussion, the continuation of which was swiftly becoming a problem -- which doesn't justify the outburst, of course, but it was definitely not meant to be in the spirit of shutting you down or encouraging you to stop playing. Again, we're all still only learning how to run this ASB in a new way... But we'll be able to handle this kind of situation more diplomatically in the future, for sure.
  4. surskitty
    02-06-2015 02:25 AM
    surskittyMOD
    Thank you for sending me this message; I appreciate it.

Note also that I'm a mod and can read and post in the usergroup, but it would be nice if things like that were able to be actually discussed publicly siiiiiince most people aren't. I shouldn't have argued about it for twenty posts, but there also aren't places to potentially have the argument. The suggestion box is a bit more appropriate, but it's still not, uh. There isn't really anywhere to actually feel like an opinion is being heard.

I ... kind of feel like I was condescended to, actually, and an apology from blazheirio would be appreciated. Might I suggest that when one of you starts losing your temper, just, like, go "Your opinion has been noted and we'll consider it when we next discuss it" (potentially being 'i.e., never') and end the conversation there, rather than implying that I should leave ASB ("If you'd prefer that to happen, then it seems you'd best stick to the main series." and a few other things) because I think the way a game mechanic that doesn't even pop up super frequently is handled is inconsistent and unbalanced? I was probably also snarkier than I should have been, but ....
  5. M&F
    02-06-2015 01:51 AM
    M&F
    So, uh, I missed the party in the Question Box back there, but I didn't want to start it back up there because, and this is also probably why my colleague had to cut you short back there, it's not exactly the place for a discussion. I'm thinking of checking with the usergroup if we feel that changes in how we officially parse priority and move order are in call for (while, of course, remaining open to any thoughts you might have on the matter -- we'll take them via VM/PM, or Suggestion Box). I hope you understand that we just couldn't keep discussing it in the Question Box specifically, since it's a place meant for direct questions and answers. We also hope that this wasn't an overstep of our boundaries, and Blazhy would definitely apologize if you feel that this was handled improperly -- we're still all getting used to running ASB without one bosslady to run them all, although at the end of the day we can't always let everyone's personal interpretations run (and I know there are some official descriptions in the A&A/Database that bug me to the core but it's just my personal opinion in the end).