The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > M&F

Notices

Conversation Between M&F and Negrek
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 217
  1. Negrek
    01-19-2018 09:41 AM
    Negrek
    No worries. I was thinking we ought to try and get the last of the mega evolution stuff hammered out soon, so I was going to revive the thread in Meta--you can post your stuff there when you find it, if you like!
  2. M&F
    01-18-2018 09:55 PM
    M&F
    Probably, but I'll have to fetch it tomorrow or so. No comp at the moment.
  3. Negrek
    01-15-2018 03:08 PM
    Negrek
    Do you still have your draft of mega evolution rules lying around somewhere?
  4. Negrek
    01-07-2018 11:12 AM
    Negrek
    Awesome, thanks. Shouldn't be any spoilers unless you go into the db and see who gets the new attacks/abilities, I think!
  5. M&F
    01-07-2018 10:41 AM
    M&F
    I haven't played USUM yet but I'll have a look (I don't like, hardcore mind spoilers anyway).
  6. Negrek
    01-06-2018 02:36 PM
    Negrek
    I proposed some effects/descriptions for the missing USUM abilities in the social group, if you wanted to take a look.
  7. M&F
    11-13-2015 12:52 AM
    M&F
    Yeah, compared to northern US, a regular winter day in Brazil is still going to feel like going into an oven. Even Campos de Jordão is probably just going to seem like mild weather to you, although I usually feel like I'm freezing to the bone when I'm there.

(It's not so good it's even better than dulce de leche -- because perish the thought -- but, if it doesn't make you want a truckload once you try it out, I'll have to send you to whichever kind of doctor deals with people who lost sensation in their tongues.)
  8. Negrek
    11-12-2015 06:41 AM
    Negrek
    Hmm, good to know. My family actually goes to the beach all the time in the winter, and that's in the northern US, where it is definitely freezing and windy and unpleasant, so it's not such a foreign idea to me. :P Not sure about Carnaval, since big parties aren't usually my thing either, plus also all the (other) tourists, but on the other hand it's a one-of-a-kind sort of event, and it could be a lot of fun to try it once. Something I'll definitely consider when I'm scheduling, though, whether I want to try and catch it or diligently avoid it!

(have never had brigadeiro, but it'll have to work pretty hard to edge out dulce de leche...)
  9. M&F
    11-10-2015 05:23 PM
    M&F
    If they were still open for business as of last year I'd wager they didn't close up after all, but yeah, I'd keep an eye.

You've already got Jack for that, I guess. And yeah, if you're in Campos de Jordão for the chocolate, you're definitely in there for the right reasons. And, well, most places in the country are just hot and rainy year-round, but if you're thinking of beaches specifically: northeastern beaches are very rainy in autumn and winter months (Southern Hemisphere autumn and winter, so, March to September), and they're least rainy from October to December; southeastern beaches, on the other hand, get the worst of rainfall in the summer months (which has led many hilariously ill-advised summer trips to the path of sheer ruin) -- it might seem strange going to beach in the winter, but I've been a couple times, and it actually works since the weather's not much colder unless you happen to run into a cold front and there's much less rain and crowds to contend with. And speaking of crowds, I guess all I can really say about them is, if there's a southeastern beach that everyone's talking about in a given year, avoid that beach like it's the plague. And also, a lot of people here like to go the beach for New Year's Eve, so, unless you're interested in seeing the festivities/unmentionable chaos, save yourself. Oh, and, mentioning the festivities reminds me, if you're any interested in the Carnaval, it's usually happening sometime in February or March -- and also, it's not really my cup of tea, so I don't have much more information about it.

(No, that's an awful idea. If all your luggage is full of dulce de leche, where would you pack the brigadeiro?)
  10. Negrek
    11-10-2015 07:37 AM
    Negrek
    Aww, seriously? A friend of mine visited last year, so that would be a recent development, but I'll definitely look into what the situation is.Thanks for letting me know.

Haha, yeah, I'm certainly not going into the wilderness by myself. I don't have any illusions about being an intrepid self-sufficient explorer. And thanks for your recommendations of places to visit! ngl, Campos de Jordão sounds particularly enticing if only for all that chocolate. You mentioned crowds and the rainy season, though--what's the best time of year to visit the country? Or, failing that, are there any times I really, really should avoid?

(Heh, let's be fair, though, "entire jar of dulce de leche" beats out a heck of a lot when it comes to desserts. Maybe I should make Brazil my last stop so I can discard my extra clothes etc. and just pack my luggage with dulce de leche to take home?)