• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Who wants a Pokemon GSC Remake?

Do you?

• Total voters
I personally do, since my Gold battery died, my Silver went missing, and my dog ate my Crystal seven years ago (she was a teething puppy then, so anything she could chew on would get her teeth loose). I also will send ideas, and make a petition to Nintendo and get enough signatures for them to reame GSC.

I'm not sure if it counts as bumping the thread if it's still on the first page of the board, even if it expired two and a half months ago. But duplicate topics aside, I shall answer.

No, I don't really want a remake of the second generation games. The originals are fine as they are. However, if the graphics were enhanced as well as the gameplay and the game was left like that, I wouldn't have a problem. It's the fact that the game creators will add loads of extra things in that ticks me off. Sure, some of it may be good, but they're remakes. They're meant to be upgraded versions of the old ones. You don't need to put in new futures to remake them, you only need to upgrade the graphics and the gameplay and add every Pokémon into the PokéDex.

That's my twisted, illogical view, anyways.

I want a remake. It would be nice to have all the new features and graphics and stuff. Getting Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon with a very rare chance would be nice. Maybe the Pokegear could be on the touch screen if it was DS. But yeah this might already be being discussed somewhere else.

GSC worshiping.... >_<

With that aside, yes I do want a remake. The only one of my games that works currently is Gold, which, incidently, I got a full year before my Silver. Oddly enough my Crystal, which obviously I got after Gold and Silver, died first, after that my second Crystal(which I got used about a year ago) died, and then my Silver. I do hope the will explain Oak being in Johto and Sinnoh at the same time, though.

GSC worshiping.... >_<

With that aside, yes I do want a remake. The only one of my games that works currently is Gold, which, incidently, I got a full year before my Silver. Oddly enough my Crystal, which obviously I got after Gold and Silver, died first, after that my second Crystal(which I got used about a year ago) died, and then my Silver. I do hope the will explain Oak being in Johto and Sinnoh at the same time, though.

Easy. Sinnoh took place at the same time as FrLg. ?g?s would still be two years later

Hey, the events on Mt. Coronet could have EASILY screwed with the time fl-

O.O What if they kept the Time Machine instead of putting in a new Pal Park?

Easy. Sinnoh took place at the same time as FrLg. ?g?s would still be two years later

Hey, the events on Mt. Coronet could have EASILY screwed with the time fl-

O.O What if they kept the Time Machine instead of putting in a new Pal Park?

I'm pretty sure GSC takes place at the same time as DPP.

Then how would the pal park work? FrLg and RSE would be taking place at minimum a year before

I've read in various places that there is lots of evidence that FrLg happened at the same time as RSE, and GSC with DPP.

FrLgRSE probably came before, if you ask me.

Yes, I do. That would be awesome! :) My Gold and Crystal batteries died as soon as I got them D: And GSC has some of my favorite Pokemon in it, like the Togepi evolutions.

Just so everyone just shuts up about the order of the games, DPP directly after GSC.
Here's proof: did anyone remember the newscast about the Red Gyrados? that could only happen after the actual Red Gyrados scene happened. Also, it explains how that one Johto gym leader (forgot her name) and Professor Oak can be in Sinnoh when you can see both in GSC.
I'm not sure about the other ones but you can continue to gab on about it.

I for one, would love to have a GSC remake. Like, the Johto region is the only one that is still outdated in terms of graphics and sound. And plus, it would give us an easier way to get the starters.
They could easily implement the GTS in Goldenrod city (where the cellphone trading place in the Japanese version of Crystal was) and refurbish the Kanto safari zone into a Pal park (since warden slowpoke isn't going to be there anyways). Maybe later on in the game you would have to do a side-quest with Cielio (sp?) to gain the ability to trade with DPP.
So many cool things could be done with GSC if it were to be remade on the DS.

Then there are continuity errors, as how can a Pokemon migrate from another region into a park that has yet to be invented?

Just so everyone just shuts up about the order of the games, DPP directly after GSC.
Here's proof: did anyone remember the newscast about the Red Gyrados? that could only happen after the actual Red Gyrados scene happened. Also, it explains how that one Johto gym leader (forgot her name) and Professor Oak can be in Sinnoh when you can see both in GSC.
I'm not sure about the other ones but you can continue to gab on about it.

In all honesty, the Red Gyarados could have been spotted before Gold/Silver/Cryssie caught/killed it.
Also, Oak doesn't appear in DPP till after you see all the Pokemon, whereas in GSC he appears at the beginning and after you get to Kanto. He could be flying in when we're not looking. XP
And Jasmine comes after you get to the eight gym. While you're dealing with Dialga/Palkia/both/Giratina, she could easily have flown to Sunyshore, since she's Johto's seventh gym leader.

@Icy: *confuzzled*

Then there are continuity errors, as how can a Pokemon migrate from another region into a park that has yet to be invented?

Simple: They updated the Time Capsule! I mean, they both work the same way: Get your old pokemon onto a new game, with some move-restrictions.

Has anyone else noticed that if they do remake GSC, Kanto will have been in every generation?

Yes, yes I have. I think that was only because I read it somewhere, though. It was Bulbapedia or someplace like it.

I'd be interested in a GSC remake, but I'd have to frown at Nintendo if they made it for DS since they'd screw with it too much trying to integrate the touch screen. If it stuck with being a GBA game they wouldn't have to fiddle with it as much, so it'd still be recognizable as a remake instead of a new game in an old setting.

...though I'd probably still get it if it was a DS game just to play GSC again since my GBA broke.

Back
Top Bottom