• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you think of fellow forumgoers

YAYZ

I still fail to see how the Greek annoyed so many people when I used it about five times across the forums (Not counting the Greek Pokémon Name thread, because I used the language there for a reason. Even though it did sort of fail.)

Well, I guess you just mentioned it a lot? I guess they saw the posts of yours that had greek in succession and it created the image of oyu beign a Greekophile or something.

So, does anyone think anything about me? Aside from the fact that I generally only post in RPGs...
And I'm probably annoying...
I'm invisible. >>

and it created the image of oyu beign a Greekophile or something.

"Oh, Greek, you look so GOOD in that delicious alphabet of yours, I just wanna-"

No.

Fredie/Wheel - Is awesome. Obviously. (That's based on real life BUUUT oh well.)

By now it has probably been noticed that I've been posting whenever somebody, mostly Furret, says something about grammar, and not posting much else. I've been so busy with real-life things that only Furret's grammatical tottering has been able to pull me away from them.

Ignore directness and indirectness, AK. Objective case: me, him, her, us, them, whom. Subjective case: I, he, she, we, they, who. In most sentences, you use an objective pronoun when it is the object of a verb, and you use a subjective pronoun when it is the subject of a verb. I assume you knew that part already.

Now, a special rule applies when you use the words as or than. When you use those words you are comparing one thing with another: I am taller than you is a comparison of I and you. The rule is that the two things being compared should share the same case. I am taller than she is correct - she has to be subjective, because the other part of the comparison, I, is subjective.

... talk to someone who makes the same mistakes as I is correct. You are comparing who with I. Since who is subjective, the compared pronoun, I, must be subjective as well.

For example, the two sentences I love him more than she and I love him more than her. The first sentence compares I and she - they are both subjective. The second sentence compares him and her - they are both objective. The result is that each sentence has a different meaning. I love him more than she [loves him]: I love him more than [I love] her.

Last edited:
"Oh, Greek, you look so GOOD in that delicious alphabet of yours, I just wanna-"

No.

Well, I meant that in relation to Japanophiles, the people who think that if something comes from Japan, it must be cool. I'm not saying you're like that, but I'm assuming that's how you came off to some people.

That would make quite an interesting fanfic, though.

Evoli@ Well, you're really nice. I haven't seen your posts too much but I know you're nice.

Cal@ Is awesome with his songs and half-greek smiles :P You're an awesome spriter too :D

I'm an Anglophile too. Yay.

... Hi.

;;Admits Anglophileness;; Just ask... all the English people on the forums that I've bugged. (Cirrus, ask Cirrus. She knows.)

Bakuphoon - You're sweet, you're cool, I like talking to you~!

Bakuphoon-You seem very kind, and you're a wonderful spriter. Too bad I really don't know you that well.

Arylett-You're very amusing, and I adore our interesting PM/VM conversations. You're a nice artist, who has very amusing ideas. And very understanding about my laziness, which doesn't need any understanding.

Thanks Arylett :D You're very nice and cool too, plus "slightly" odd.

Spoon- Thanks, I think you seem very kind too.

Foons - I adore our conversations too! Ahahaha, they are fun. You're cool, really. And really attentive, good at critquing art! You have just this eye... that can spot things. And you seem really sincere too, like an awesomely sincere person. And I'm just as lazy as you are, so I get it~

I keep thinking that Midnight is our Midnight (i.e. #tcod's MidnightSaboteur).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom