• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Halloween! xD

Last night was meh.

All my friends flaked out so I had to stay at home and hand out candy. Only a couple of handfuls of people showed up to our house even though it is really easy to find. I gave out about 2 candies per person. I still got to wear my costume, but nobody commented on it at all.
At the end of the night though, our neighbor stopped by and gave me and my annoying little brother nicely sized Ziploc baggies of assorted candy.

Although I have candy, I wish I could just go out and walk around in my costume with somebody. Candy is pretty much a bonus. Isn't that what Halloween is all about? Having fun and getting stuff? It might be more of a Christmas-y type thing, but I still think there is something beyond the fake spider webbing and the Styrofoam gravestones.

Maybe it was because I didn't really watch any Halloween specials or anything. Either way, my Halloween this year could of been better, but it could of also been worse.

I never got any pictures. D:

Maybe I'll get back in mah costume sometime and show you.

YAY FOR BEING A MURKROW! :O

I will have the pictures up soon. Anyways, plans for next Halloween?

I plan to dress up as Darkrai and go to a party if there is one

Plans so far for making the costume:

The base for the costume would be some semi-tight black pants, simple black shoes, and an overlarge (at least 3 or 4 sizes too big) black shirt. Using some wire underneath, I would get the bottom part to stay spiked (I would wear another black shirt - a semi-tight long sleeved one, to be precise - underneath, perhaps sewing it on), using scissors to get the initial spikes. I would find a way to tighten the top shirt, excluding the shoulder part, which I would stuff with, well, stuffing, and I would use some black fabric and sew it inside to keep the stuffing in place. I would then sew on the hand to the ends of the sleeves, having special flip-back fingers with velcro where the nails of a... three fingered human being, I guess - would be, so that one could have access to their fingers for grabbing food and such without taking off the costume. The costume would have a THIRD layer for the chest part. How this would work is like this:

There would be some wire panels on the back between the first protective layer and the second layer. This would go up and hold onto a large ring that the red spikes would be built on using stuffing, wire, and maybe some styrofoam if I am having troubles. The bottom of this ring would have some black fabric draping from it, the base of which would be sewn onto the stomach part of the second layer, leading to the hourglass shape Darkrai is known for. The wire at the back keeps the ring from falling backwards and causing the whole costume to look sort of retarded

The head would use a helmet for the hair to be built upon, and a black veil for the face that could be lifted up for food and drink. The eyes would be made of blue, clear plastic. I haven't decided whether the pupils will be black, clear plastic or just holes in the middle of the blue plastic yet

If the costume looks good, then I may sell it for 20% more than the materials cost (labour cost is a bitch, isn't it?). I would start building it roughly the beginning of September so that I can get a part-time job and, well, get enough money to buy the materials. Of course, if people donate money for me to make the costume, then I can start on it a bit sooner, and then all the money made from selling it would go to charity

Anybody like this idea?

TL;DR Version

I plan to make a wicked Darkrai costume. If I buy the materials with my own money, I will sell it to somebody and keep the money to make another costume with. If you guys donate money instead, then I will sell it and donate the money to charity

Back
Top Bottom