• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hardest pokemon to catch in third generation games?

reecemysocksoff

YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE ME!!!
There were plenty of difficult-to-catch/find pokemon in R/S/E.
So which one do you think was the most irratating to find?

Personally, I hated finding Feebass.
You search and search that same lake over and over, hoping you can find one.
Once you catch one, you realise it needs full beauty to become a Milotic.

I have yet to make it full beauty... >=(

Latias / Latios are hard. Rayquaza can be a bit of a pain sometimes. Feebas is annoying as hell, I agree.

I found it surprisingly hard finding Pikachu and sometimes Surskit early in the game.

Feebas is kinda harder to find than catch.

I'd say Latios/Latias, though anything's simple enough if you have a Mastah Ball :3

You guys, mathmatically the Regis, Latis, Rayquaza and Deoxys are the hardest to capture. Oh, and Beldum if you encounter it in the wild. (Which isn't possible until D/P/Pt, but yeah.)

Hardest to FIND is obviously Feebas. The Latis are kinda hard to find, but once you've found them once, it becomes a lot easier.

For some reason, Skarmory was really difficult for me. And Bagon. But other than that, I caught just about all the Pokémon I tried to. Maybe the simulator I used made it easier.

Note: I didn't get far enough to try to catch the Latis, Feebas, Rayquaza...

Basically the hardest to catch were all posted already, so I'll go ahead and say the hardest to find: Celebi. There were only a few ways to get it compared to the rest of the event pokemon, and most of them were japanese only.

Finding: Chimecho. WHAT A BASTARD

Catching: none since I am lame and master ball hax all the time

For me, it's the stupid gits who should only take one or two Pokeballs. *shakes fist at Poochyena*

But I have yet to reach the legends yet. When I've come up to them in other games it hasn't been too hard really...the fights are often long but by then my Pokemon are ready for it.

I was lucky and managed to catch a Feebas before I knew how hard it was supposed to be to find one... that was sweet. And it was female, so I've just been breeding since.

I normally use Kelpsy berries for evolving a Feebas into a Milotic. They're really easy to get a hold of and start to grow, although you might need 1 or 2 more powerful berries occasionally to put it over the edge.

As for the hardest to catch... I don't really know. I caught Rayquaza really easily using a lv. 77 Flygon... it was down to the red before it woke up from its self-inflicted sleep, and a single ultraball caught it.

Finding: Chimecho. WHAT A BASTARD
YES! I don't think they should've made them common in D/P... makes it kinda pointless to have gone to all that trouble to catch it T-T

I don't think the regis were hard to catch, I usually used Timer balls. Easier then Rayquaza, anyways.

The Latis are kinda hard to find, but once you've found them once, it becomes a lot easier.

I got really lucky in my Sapphire. I beat the Elite Four without a Pokemon that knew Fly, so I had to walk through Route 101 to Oldale to withdraw one. When I'm about three steps in the grass on Route 101, Latias shows up. :D

(Took me about three more years to catch the damn thing, though.)

Lati@s, of course. That and the Legendary dog/cats/beasts/whatevers.

Feebas, is the hardest to find.DX

Latias/os (to this day, I've never even SEEN either one) are ridiculously hard to find. Feebas is almost as bad.

Suicune in LeafGreen (though I did actually get this one, unlike R/S's annoying roaming things) and the Regis were a pain in the ass to catch, also.

For some reason, Rayquaza wasn't hard for me. And my Deoxys... came from Gamestop, so that wasn't hard at all (of course, that was for Diamond, but...)

Back
Top Bottom