• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Does a God of ANY KIND exist?

You can't actually disprove (or prove) religion. It's just a silly notion to believe in and a sillier notion to base any ideas on. It doesn't allow for any proper explanations, no feedback, no leeway to backtrack when you're wrong. The only thing you get from having such a set in stone worldview is contradictions when it's opposed and has to be adapted.

You must not understand religion. Have you ever heard the word "faith"?

I don't need evidence. I have faith in the Lord.

I have faith that there's a Wendy's Baconator in my room right now.

Whoops, there isn't. But, darn, it sure made me feel better thinking there was a burger in my room! Gosh, maybe next I should believe there's some invisible sky fairy who says he loves me despite throwing plenty of his own creations in hell for not being his cheerleader. What a loving guy he is.

Whoops, there isn't. But, darn, it sure made me feel better thinking there was a burger in my room! Gosh, maybe next I should believe there's some invisible sky fairy who says he loves me despite throwing plenty of his own creations in hell for not being his cheerleader. What a loving guy he is.

Irrelevant, as fast food has nothing to do with religion whatsoever.

If you don't like the mundane comparison to a Baconator, then take a Flying Spaghetti Monster or an Invisible Pink Unicorn. The tooth fairy. Santa claus. Easter Rabbit.

Whatever.

I challenge anyone who reads this post to try and create a fantasy world in the space of six days. When I say 'fantasy world' I don't mean just make a square-shaped planet and put flying pink monkeys on it, I mean to create all the concepts for every little thing that applies to our own planet: the laws of physics (make them up for your world), suitable habitats for the life on the planet, the elements, the air, the life (down to the smallest detail such as the age at which a baby [insert animal-like form here] begins to walk) and things related to life such as reproduction, the food chain, habitats, the animal's body functions, etc. If life was created, it did not just spring into being as if its creator said "this is a cat" and suddenly a full-fledged cat appeared walking the earth.

Let's see if you can do it in six days and if you don't have a severely screwed-up world.

I challenge anyone who reads this post to try and create a fantasy world in the space of six days. When I say 'fantasy world' I don't mean just make a square-shaped planet and put flying pink monkeys on it, I mean to create all the concepts for every little thing that applies to our own planet: the laws of physics (make them up for your world), suitable habitats for the life on the planet, the elements, the air, the life (down to the smallest detail such as the age at which a baby [insert animal-like form here] begins to walk) and things related to life such as reproduction, the food chain, habitats, the animal's body functions, etc. If life was created, it did not just spring into being as if its creator said "this is a cat" and suddenly a full-fledged cat appeared walking the earth.

Let's see if you can do it in six days and if you don't have a severely screwed-up world.

While this post doesn't really prove anything, I always thought proteins would have taken forever to work out if there really is a god.

Proteins are pretty easy. It's just you've got 20 building blocks and you have to build them all together.

I guess God enjoys LEGO.

Proteins are pretty easy. It's just you've got 20 building blocks and you have to build them all together.

I guess God enjoys LEGO.

Yes, but they have to be constructed so INTRICATELY, more like model ships or something. I was always terrible at model ships. Plus the pieces are tiny and can come together in many useless forms. Oh and then he'd have to stuff them all in cells, so there wouldn't be much space to work in.

Well the cell structures for animals aren't that rigid, and you really need lots of amino acid molecules before you actually have a cell. But I guess God is lazy and just uses preset formatting and occasionally goes into the Options menu and fucks around with the settings.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how we got vertebrates.

Well the cell structures for animals aren't that rigid, and you really need lots of amino acid molecules before you actually have a cell. But I guess God is lazy and just uses preset formatting and occasionally goes into the Options menu and fucks around with the settings.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how we got vertebrates.

Where did he get the presets? Were they already there from another world he created? Or someone else that preceded him? Either way, someone had to make it.

Where did he get the presets? Were they already there from another world he created? Or someone else that preceded him? Either way, someone had to make it.

he got them from a computer game

if you haven't noticed every post I made was intended humorously

Oh, hey, NOW there's a Baconator in my room. Well, technically in my stomach right now (And probably going to make me throw up from having too much grease), but the point is I had one today. In my room. But, wait, how dd it get there? Was it because of my faith? Or could it be I took some of the money I earned from my job, took my car to Wendys, and ordered one, where the effort of other people combined to create that one burger, which in the end earned them some profit and me with a gut ache and one happy mouth?

It's amazing how much happier I can be when I work on my own rather than believe in some invisible force to do what I want.

I don't believe that there is a god, but I do believe some things can be wrong,
like murder and such, and that other things are right.

Back
Top Bottom