• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tazers

blazheirio889

Banned
Pronoun
she
So, what's your view on the use of the taser? Should they be banned, or should police keep using them?

Myself, I think they shouldn't be banned, but they should only be used on criminals that are a serious threat.

Last edited:
The problem is that lots of police officers use them on everything like they're toys but getting tazered is excruciatingly painful.
So yeah sure let them keep them but make sure they don't fuck around with those things.

Last edited:
Police can abuse them, and I've heard stories of multiple police shooting one man with more than one tazer (no idea how true this is, they're just stories). But they are better than shooting people, and they're intensly more awesome than guns, so I'm cool with them.

It's just a tool to shock people with. It's fine.

The minority who abuse their tazers should be punished with the same severity as someone abusing people with their guns or their nightsticks. It's a weapon nonetheless. The tazer shouldn't be banned.

Can tazers do lasting harm, or is it always just an instant of pain?

Tasers are better than regular guns. If you have to use violence, then use it to stun and not to kill.

The big thing going on in Canada about tasers is there have been a bunch of times where's it's actually killed, even though it's supposed to be non-lethal. I'm not as worried about police abusing them (since they can be reprimanded) as them taking a life.

That said, they're better than guns and other weapons.

Police can abuse them, and I've heard stories of multiple police shooting one man with more than one tazer (no idea how true this is, they're just stories). But they are better than shooting people, and they're intensly more awesome than guns, so I'm cool with them.

Yes, the stories are true! Like in the case of Robert Dziekanski, where poilce shocked him three to four times within twenty-five seconds of the poilce's arrival. He wasn't threatening the police, yet one officer said "Hit him again. Hit him again." Robert was in the airport (YVR) for 10 hours before this incident. The reason why I feel strongly about this incident is because I live in the town of Richmond, where the airport is located.

The youtube video

However, I don't think tasers should be banned, only their policy reviewed. They're better than guns, I suppose.

Which works fine if most of the citizens don't have guns.

Sadly, this is not the case in the US, but that's a different argument entirely.

Holy god

I didn't know they could actually kill

Woah

Yeah, one of the major stories like that was the time a man was killed by a taser after he arrived in Canada and was detained for erratic behavior. The man started getting upset, the police used a taser to restrain him, and he died before the hospital could treat him. I'll try to find the news story.

EDIT: Oh right, it was that Robert Dziekańsk fellow that bulbasaur was talking about. Anyway, the Wiki's here, since I can't find a news article on it.

(also I agree with bulbasaur, fucking jackass officers)

just read through a bit more of that page I linked to

It was announced on December 12 2008 that the B.C. Crown had decided against laying charges against the four officers involved in the tasering death of Dziekanski

raaaaaaaage

The Robert Dziekański incident is a case of "ur doin it rong". Tasering a guy while he's already down and cuffed is just being an asshole.

The issue here is proper training. Policemen need to learn what tasers can do to a person. Used safely, they're a good method of detaining a suspect. Sure, they're still bloody painful, but would you rather get tasered or shot with bullets?

Back
Top Bottom