• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Getting another Pokémon now that I'm not broke!

[Moofy-Moofy] Mareep (♀)
Ability: Static

Cost: $7

Bank post: Here

Registering my starting team, then.

[Mercury] Squirtle (M)
Ability: Torrent

[Chityn] Spinarak (F)
Ability: Insomnia

[Sleima] Grimer (M)
Ability: Sticky Hold

Should be $22 dollars.

Usage gap... hmm. I was thinking that there wouldn't be one, but I guess one round would also work--mainly to keep the "spam multiple Solarbeams/Leaf Storms in a row with no side-effects" situation from being a problem.

As for the effects; well, both of the Herbs are pretty situational, so I guess it would have both effects every time it's used... but in most cases only one of them would actually do something. Like if he doesn't have any stats lowered when he eats the leaf, the White Herb effect would trigger but wouldn't really do anything, and if he's not going to use any charge-before-use moves that round, the Power Herb effect would trigger but wouldn't do anything.

As for possibly increasing the costs: would boosting the self-damage up to 5%, so it's more like the damage from an un-STAB'ed Bite (since that's essentially what's causing the damage), be enough to balance it out?
Well, the problem is that you're essentially creating an attack that has the effects of *two* items, neither of which actually takes up your item slot, and each of which can be used twice instead of once. Additionally, this is an attack on a basic pokémon, which means that it has the potential to be upgraded at some later date.

It's true that you're not necessarily going to need both the herb effects at once; however, if you want to restore some lost stats, what disadvantage is there in being able to shoot off a solarbeam or something in the next action at half the cost? Conversely, you have the option of using the power herb effect even when you don't need stat recovery, but there's no disadvantage to the fact that the extra effect is there. You may not always be able to use both at once, sure, but you're not losing anything save the cost of the attack itself by having both options open to you.

I'd prefer that you increase the damage and make it your choice of one or the other of the herb effects.

Hmm... that sounds like it would work.

I guess the "both" effect will have to wait until he evolves into a Victreebel--and to balance that out, I'm probably going to boost the damage again at that point, since Victreebels actually have teeth.

====

Edited version (boosted self-damage to 5%, removed "both effects" option):

Viney Jr. (Bellsprout ♂)
Ability: Chlorophyll
Signature Move: Red Leaf

Viney Jr. is the descendant of a Victreebel family from a distant land, known for their unusual leaves which appear to have a slight reddish sheen to them when viewed from certain angles. This reddish color originally came from the insects they ate, which in turn had fed from the leaves of the tropical plants that are used to make Power Herbs and White Herbs; over many generations, however, the chemicals contained within these plants became a part of the Pokémon's own leaves.

The chemicals that make Power Herbs and White Herbs work exist within Viney's leaves, though normally they are not in a high enough concentration to have any effect. In battle, however, Viney is capable of concentrating these chemicals into a small part of one leaf and then biting a chunk out of that leaf, duplicating the effect of either a Power Herb (allowing him to use a "charge up before attacking" move, like Solarbeam, without charging) or a White Herb (returning any lowered stats he might have to normal.)
Concentrating the chemicals into one part of a leaf requires a bit of effort, and actually biting off part of the leaf does hurt a bit. Also, because each leaf only contains enough chemicals for a single use, he can only use this move twice per battle.

Type: Grass
Stat: Other
Accuracy: N/A
Target: Self, or any ally
Effects: Viney Jr. concentrates certain plant chemicals into the tips of his leaves, then bites a chunk out of one leaf to recieve the effects of the chemicals. This duplicates the effect of either a Power Herb or a White Herb. In any battle with more than one Pokémon on each side, he can give the tip of a leaf to one of his allies instead of using it himself.
Cost: 5% HP and 2% energy.
Usage Gap: 1 round.
Usage Limit: Twice per battle.

I would like to register my starting pokemon.
aerodactyl
ability:rockhead
diglett
ability:arena trap
trapinch
ability:hyper cutter

I would like to register my starting pokemon.
aerodactyl
ability:rockhead
diglett
ability:arena trap
trapinch
ability:hyper cutter

You need to pay for those in the bank, and they all need genders. Read the rules in the first post of this thread and the bank, and look at the way everyone else has done it, then try again in a new post.

Hmm... that sounds like it would work.

I guess the "both" effect will have to wait until he evolves into a Victreebel--and to balance that out, I'm probably going to boost the damage again at that point, since Victreebels actually have teeth.

====

Edited version (boosted self-damage to 5%, removed "both effects" option):

Viney Jr. (Bellsprout ♂)
Ability: Chlorophyll
Signature Move: Red Leaf

Viney Jr. is the descendant of a Victreebel family from a distant land, known for their unusual leaves which appear to have a slight reddish sheen to them when viewed from certain angles. This reddish color originally came from the insects they ate, which in turn had fed from the leaves of the tropical plants that are used to make Power Herbs and White Herbs; over many generations, however, the chemicals contained within these plants became a part of the Pokémon's own leaves.

The chemicals that make Power Herbs and White Herbs work exist within Viney's leaves, though normally they are not in a high enough concentration to have any effect. In battle, however, Viney is capable of concentrating these chemicals into a small part of one leaf and then biting a chunk out of that leaf, duplicating the effect of either a Power Herb (allowing him to use a "charge up before attacking" move, like Solarbeam, without charging) or a White Herb (returning any lowered stats he might have to normal.)
Concentrating the chemicals into one part of a leaf requires a bit of effort, and actually biting off part of the leaf does hurt a bit. Also, because each leaf only contains enough chemicals for a single use, he can only use this move twice per battle.

Type: Grass
Stat: Other
Accuracy: N/A
Target: Self, or any ally
Effects: Viney Jr. concentrates certain plant chemicals into the tips of his leaves, then bites a chunk out of one leaf to recieve the effects of the chemicals. This duplicates the effect of either a Power Herb or a White Herb. In any battle with more than one Pokémon on each side, he can give the tip of a leaf to one of his allies instead of using it himself.
Cost: 5% HP and 2% energy.
Usage Gap: 1 round.
Usage Limit: Twice per battle.
Approved. (I note that you didn't actually change the usage gap, but for this move I think that it's okay.)

The format of my Wurmple?

If so:
[Wormed] Wurmple [M]
Ability: Shield Dust

Bank post

Please be everything!

The actual evolution is the really important part. Especially since you haven't even said which of Wurmple's two evolutions you're choosing.

Well...it seems I have enough money to do this now.

I want to evolve my Magikarp into a Gyrados

[Mia] Magikarp (F)
Ability: Swift Swim
EXP: 0

l
l
l
\/

[Mia] Gyrados (F)
Ability: Intimidate

Here's the money

Well...it seems I have enough money to do this now.

I want to evolve my Magikarp into a Gyrados

[Mia] Magikarp (F)
Ability: Swift Swim
EXP: 0

l
l
l
\/

[Mia] Gyrados (F)
Ability: Intimidate

Here's the money

Approved.

Starting pokeys.

[Lunos] Eevee (Male)
Ability: Adaptability

[Karin] Feebas (Female)
Ability:Swift Swim

[Kinomi] Shroomish (Male)
Ability: Effect Spore

[Chi] Abra (Male)
Ability: Syncronise

Bank post. That's $42, right?

Also, Is it possible to change the nickname of Pokemon?

Last edited:

Starting pokeys.

[Lunos] Eevee (Male)
Ability: Adaptability
Body Mod: The fur on his collar is wilder, and that and the fur at the end of his tail are the same color of the rest of his body.

[Karin] Feebas (Female)
Ability:
Body Mod: An area of her face in the shape of a eye-mask, is the color of her fins/tail.

[Kinomi] Breloom (Male)
Ability: Effect Spore
Body Mod: The upper half of his body is black instead of brown.

[Chi] Abra (Male)
Ability: Syncronise
Body Mod: Chi's "Body Armour" Is white instead of brown. Where his (presumeably) heart is, there is a red mark in the shape of a Cross, or a +.

Bank post. That's $42, right?

Also, Is it possible to change the nickname of Pokemon?

Kinomi should be a Shroomish, not a Breloom. Also, color differences are not Body Mods - it's only a Body Mod if it has an effect on battle. Simple alternate appearances can just be stated as "notes" or such.

And yes, you can change their nicknames whenever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom