• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Objection! (Ace Attorney fan-club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So! I have a tendency to get confused with certain aspects of 1-4 whenever I play it, and hearing about it in 3-5 was no exception. Clarification?

The thing I'm confused about is how
in 1-4 (actually mentioned in 3-5, but still) Phoenix says that he became a lawyer for Edgeworth's sake. Now, my question is what exactly did Phoenix want to help Edgeworth with? ... The bits of that case related to the grade-school trial are usually what confuse me.

The thing I'm confused about is how
in 1-4 (actually mentioned in 3-5, but still) Phoenix says that he became a lawyer for Edgeworth's sake. Now, my question is what exactly did Phoenix want to help Edgeworth with? ... The bits of that case related to the grade-school trial are usually what confuse me.

Hmm...
Didn't Phoenix become a lawyer so he can talk to Edgeworth and find out what had happened? I vaguely remember something about Edgeworth not answering Phoenix's phone calls, and Phoenix decided that Edgeworth will have to talk to him if they face each other in court.

To but it bluntly, Nick wants to talk to Edgey, so he became a lawyer.

^ Yup, that's it. It's pretty stalkerish, but makes them one of the most canon-without-being-canon couples I've ever seen.

Ah, okay. Now I remember~

By the way, I spent all of yesterday finishing 3-5 and now my head is very muddled. This morning I was trying to think of how to tell a friend that 1-5 didn't fit with the first three games because when they first came out in Japan, 1-5 didn't exist, and I imagined my dialogue being in a text box with "didn't exist" in red lettering. Then later today I was writing down random Warriors characters if they were to take the place of Phoenix Wright characters for some reason, and when I was imagining the characteristics of the PW characters that I would have to make into Warriors they were also in red lettering.

PHOENIX WRIGHT HAS INVADED MY BRAAAAAIN

-grins- Who knew choosing this avatar over Cherrim or Calumon would lead me to a club?

I'm on 3-2 right now, a friend is lending me all of the games in order. I read too much fanfiction, thus I know more than I should about the parts I haven't yet played. ^^;;

And...uh...Apollo is adorable. And AJ-haters seem to be in the same breed as Kanto purists, if I may make a comparison. Ah, nooffensemeanttoanyone...justincase...

-grins- Who knew choosing this avatar over Cherrim or Calumon would lead me to a club?

I'm on 3-2 right now, a friend is lending me all of the games in order. I read too much fanfiction, thus I know more than I should about the parts I haven't yet played. ^^;;

And...uh...Apollo is adorable. And AJ-haters seem to be in the same breed as Kanto purists, if I may make a comparison. Ah, nooffensemeanttoanyone...justincase...

Hehe, your avvie is criminally adorable X3

Oh god, I know exactly what you mean; I kept reading fanfiction before actually playing cases the characters came from, and it somewhat spoiled them for me... but I can't help it, and 2-4 is my all-time favourite case anyways.

Aww, I can't see how anyone could hate AJ. It's a fantastic game in its own right, and not liking the axing of pretty much the entire cast of previous games it's somewhat understandable, but it doesn't make the game any less good ):

Aww, I can't see how anyone could hate AJ. It's a fantastic game in its own right, and not liking the axing of pretty much the entire cast of previous games it's somewhat understandable, but it doesn't make the game any less good ):

Exactly. I dunno, but I've been to forums where people are all like "WTF PHOENIX IS NOT MAIN CHAR ARG I HATE APOLLO D8" and I'm just like "o.o why you hatin' on the antennae? T__T"

Umyah. Like I said, it's shades of the "WTF (insert anything except Kanto here) IS STOOPID" thing that our fandom has had going on recently. -__-;;

Hah, I just finished 2-4. Amazing case, but...the stalling-for-time thing annoyed me so much. With all the other cases, it's kind of a figure-it-out-as-you-go-along deal. With 2-4, you know what happened fairly early on...but you're forced to drag out the trial for HOURS and HOURS and OHGODITNEVERENDS

Hah, I just finished 2-4. Amazing case, but...the stalling-for-time thing annoyed me so much. With all the other cases, it's kind of a figure-it-out-as-you-go-along deal. With 2-4, you know what happened fairly early on...but you're forced to drag out the trial for HOURS and HOURS and OHGODITNEVERENDS
Farewell, my Turnabout? It does get boring after a while, but it's still the best case in the series in my opinion. Then again, I still need to play T&T at some point.

Apollo Justice is a great game... on its own. When you compare what happened to Phoenix and all with for example 3-5, it just does not fit. As far as Phoenix's story goes, in my mind AJ doesn't exist (my friend decided that it happens in a parallel universe, for instance). It's fine aside from the whole Phoenix problem, though. 8D

I agree though; AJ is awesome on its own right. It's a brilliant game by itself, and the characters are all unique and awesome. And Apollo actually does his hair, while Phoenix's hair is naturally spiky. It has its moments, too; I personally loved 4-2 where
Phoenix gets hit by a car, flies 20 feet through the air, hits a pole, and the only injury he got was a twisted ankle. I also love how the case starts out with Trucy requesting Apollo to find her stolen panties.

Sunnybeam said:

I KNOW D: I was all worried about Maya and stuff, and Engarde was just being really, really, really Engarde-ish, you know?

But Franziaka and Gumshoe were epic in that case.

Hehe, your avvie is criminally adorable X3

It's Trucy Wright silly, tell us something we don't know x3

Welcome to the club Sunnybeam, and for that matter, the forum.

Anyway, slight update on my proposed Phoenix Wright sprite comic for anyone who cares; the framework for the first case is mostly worked out, and I'm currently writing out a script for it. Once I've got the first day if investigation and the first trial sorted, I'll make them and post them here so you can see what you think :3

Tough I'm having the most enormous trouble thinking up a name for the comic. And the case for that matter.

I personally loved 4-2 where
Phoenix gets hit by a car, flies 20 feet through the air, hits a pole, and the only injury he got was a twisted ankle.
Notice how Phoenix has been in every life-threatning situation ever? I mean,
Accused of theft, accused of murder twice, stungun'd, brained with a fire extinguisher, whip'd, and falling off of a bridge, and being accused of murder yet again, THEN being hit by a car
seems to be waaay too much for any sane person to handle.

I was planning to do a random fake trial with two friends at school on Friday, but we didn't have the time, so one of my friends suggested that we should get together after school and hold a trial.

... over a game of Clue.

We were supposed to get together yesterday, but the friend that was supposed to be hosting it never called me. D:

Accused of theft, accused of murder twice, stungun'd, brained with a fire extinguisher, whip'd, and falling off of a bridge, and being accused of murder yet again, THEN being hit by a car

Ahhh... Good point there.
Didn't he also eat a (probably plastic) bottle that had been filled with poison? And he got brained with scorching Godot coffee a few times, too.

Er-hrm. He's a Phoenix, of course he's immortal! 8D

Speaking of which, this is one of the funniest things ever.

Zarla draws the best Phoenix Wright comics ever. :3

And of course I have to point this out even though it has been posted about a few billion times already.

Ahhh... Good point there.
Didn't he also eat a (probably plastic) bottle that had been filled with poison? And he got brained with scorching Godot coffee a few times, too.
I believe it was glass. Since it would be much easier to chew up into little bits. xD And there wasn't that much poison to kill him. I think there was only a trace amount.

Don't forget being attacked by a tiger.

...I just noticed that one of this thread's tags is "foolish foolery", and I'm laughing so hard. xDDDD

And WOMG I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT FLASH BEFORE OH MY MEW THAT IS TOO AWESOME. I'm watching it for the fifth time now and am sending it to all of my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom