• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Are you generally pessimistic or optimistic?

Optimistic or Pessimistic?

• Total voters

Bombsii

IM ON THE ROAD ON THE ROAD TO VIRIDIAN CITYYYY~
Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
Is the situation going to get any better or can it get any worse?
etc.

Re: Are you generally pessimistic or optimistic.

I always thought of myself as an optimist until one of my friends told me, "Um, no, Rachel, you're definitely a pessimist."

So I'm a pessimist.

I sort of call myself a realistic optimist.

I'm a guy that says it's gonna be better, but not by much.

I'm pretty much an optimist, except sometimes with things I'm dreading - I think they'll be much worse than they are and I guess they'll be better than I'm assuming they'll be, but I assume it anyway because then I'll feel better about them. :3 But yeah, I like being optimistic.

I'm a pessimist Mostly because I take life realistically and when you look at mine thats what it is.

I lean towards optimistic tendencies--I understand every person will have struggle in their lives, but there is cause to hope and dream.

NAIVE OPTIMISM!

But yeah I generally approve of seeing the bright side of things!

Optimist! I get annoyed when others are too pessimistic, even though being pessimistic is probably better since you'll get disappointed less,

I'm still pretty realistic though, I wouldn't call myself an idealistic optimist. I think looking for good and hope makes for a healthier mind, whoo~!

Life is full of wankers, who worship a wankgod and are controlled by a wankgovernment who make you pay for wanking. Life sucks. and wanks.

So i'm.... pessimistic?

i like to think of myself as an optimist. most probably see me the other way around. i tend to react more realistically in most situations; realistic optimism is a reasonable tag.

Both, but since it shows more, I voted pessimistic. I was looking forward to challenging team LoveSong too D:

I think this poll will end up about 65/35. I don't really know, I used to be very optimistic until I got let down all the time, then I just turned into a pessimist so that I never looked forward to anything, (therefore I couldn't be let down).

It's about even for me now, but i'd still go with pessimistic.

I'd say I lean more towards optimism than pessimism, although I can be both depending on my mood. I strive, though, to be neither... I'd rather look at the situation realistically than optimistically or pessimistically.

Back
Top Bottom