• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and moony vs two other people~~!

2 and 2 vs 2 and 2 - each trainer has one Pokemon out at a time
Double Battle
Set
DQ Time: One Week
Damage Cap: 40%
Arena: The Gates of Light and Darkness
basically resembles a huge, almost empty expanse of smooth stone, with a one-foot-long strip of grey running down the middle. One side of the line is pure white, the other is black. At the far ends of the empty space two gates can be seen, one on either end, and if the gate on the Dark side is approached, it will lash out with pitch-black tendrils with three to five fingered hands and will attack for 1-10% randomized Dark-type damage. The gate on the light side is more calm, and if approached, there is a 5% chance that white tendrils will emerge and restore 1-10% randomized health to the Pokemon that goes near it. If any special material is needed for an attack, the gates will supply it by ripping it from the lower world, and there is a 5% chance that when this happens, a completely random Pokemon will be drawn in as well, and remain in the gate for one round, and will attempt to attack the battlers, but any attack damage it inflicts will be cut in half. The Pokemon drawn into the gate’s actions will be determined by the ref.

*Holds out ID* care to have a go?

I take your challenge!

*tosses Profile at you*

Double Battle
Set
basically resembles a huge, almost empty expanse of smooth stone, with a one-foot-long strip of grey running down the middle. One side of the line is pure white, the other is black. At the far ends of the empty space two gates can be seen, one on either end, and if the gate on the Dark side is approached, it will lash out with pitch-black tendrils with three to five fingered hands and will attack for 1-10% randomized Dark-type damage. The gate on the light side is more calm, and if approached, there is a 5% chance that white tendrils will emerge and restore 1-10% randomized health to the Pokemon that goes near it. If any special material is needed for an attack, the gates will supply it by ripping it from the lower world, and there is a 5% chance that when this happens, a completely random Pokemon will be drawn in as well, and remain in the gate for one round, and will attempt to attack the battlers, but any attack damage it inflicts will be cut in half. The Pokemon drawn into the gate’s actions will be determined by the ref.

Count me in!

Double Battle
Set

Allright, I'll take this one. 'Cuz I like 4-person double battles. Puh-puh-puh-profile!!

EDIT: Negrek, the battle between me and Blaziking is not an open challenge, it's a battle awaiting ref, for the record.

Last edited:
Alright. I want a quick battle, and I want it now. So...

1 Vs 1
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: None
Banned: 1 hit KOs, Direct Healing, Chills

Arena: Doubleland.

A pure, white, completely flat void. When needed, the sun will appear, or water, or ice, or sand, or rocks, or anything else needed for moves. However, in the ground, there is a massive "x2" painted in black.

In this arena, everything goes for double. Double damage, double energy. Effects of moves, such as status effects, remain the same though, although poison and burn will still do twice as much damage as usual.

Alright. I want a quick battle, and I want it now. So...

1 Vs 1
Banned: 1 hit KOs, Direct Healing, Chills

Arena: Doubleland.

A pure, white, completely flat void. When needed, the sun will appear, or water, or ice, or sand, or rocks, or anything else needed for moves. However, in the ground, there is a massive "x2" painted in black.

In this arena, everything goes for double. Double damage, double energy. Effects of moves, such as status effects, remain the same though, although poison and burn will still do twice as much damage as usual.

Taking. Profile here.

1vs1 single
Style: Switch
DQ:1 week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/pokémon, Weather affecting
Arena: Season Plain
Season Plains is a giant plain, Surrounded by trees with a Medium size Pond in the middle. Due to experiments nearby each quarter of the field is a different season.Each season has different effects.
Spring: None
Summer:Same effects as sunny day.
Autumn:Wind has 5% chance of blowing a pokemon over each action.
Winter:Ice moves are 3% more Powerful and the pond is unusable.

Care for a go?

Last edited:
1vs1 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/pokémon, Weather affecting
Arena: Season Plain
Season Plains is a giant plain, Surrounded by trees with a Medium size Pond in the middle. Due to experiments nearby each quarter of the field is a different season.Each season has different effects.
Spring: None
Summer:Same effects as sunny day.
Autumn:Wind has 5% chance of blowing a pokemon over each action.
Winter:Ice moves are 3% more Powerful and the pond is unusable.

Care for a go?

I would care, thank joo very much.

Profiiile~ Doot doo~

2vs2 single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing, Chills limited to 5 per Pokemon
Arena: Pre-Spring Lake

As the name suggests, the area is a lake, about 30 by 30 feet. The season there is just at the end of winter, so the ice on the lake still remains. However, it's rather thin and thus can be easily cracked by moves such as Earthquake and Stomp, or melted by Fire-type moves. Because of this, Pokemon over the weight of 120 lbs cannot participate.
Every round, there is a 10% chance of a hole randomly appearing in the ice at any area. If Sunny Day is active, it's increased to a 25% chance.
Battlers are permitted to step off of the lake and take the battle to the clearing around it. However, some vicious Staraptor live in the forest around the clearing, and will come out every 5 rounds and use a random attack on any Pokemon who happen to be in the clearing. Pokemon who are on the lake are safe from the Staraptor.

Additional Rules: Pokemon over 120 lbs cannot participate.

Profile of Doom

2vs2 single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing, Chills limited to 5 per Pokemon
Arena: Pre-Spring Lake

As the name suggests, the area is a lake, about 30 by 30 feet. The season there is just at the end of winter, so the ice on the lake still remains. However, it's rather thin and thus can be easily cracked by moves such as Earthquake and Stomp, or melted by Fire-type moves. Because of this, Pokemon over the weight of 120 lbs cannot participate.
Every round, there is a 10% chance of a hole randomly appearing in the ice at any area. If Sunny Day is active, it's increased to a 25% chance.
Battlers are permitted to step off of the lake and take the battle to the clearing around it. However, some vicious Staraptor live in the forest around the clearing, and will come out every 5 rounds and use a random attack on any Pokemon who happen to be in the clearing. Pokemon who are on the lake are safe from the Staraptor.

Additional Rules: Pokemon over 120 lbs cannot participate.

Profile of Doom

Oh, oh, oh! This one looks fun, I'll accept!

My profile.

CHALLENGING KAI​

3 vs. 3 Single
Switch Enabled
(Switching one Pokemon to the other will not count as a KO)
(A pokemon may be switched out once every 2 rounds)
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather moves
Arena: Haunted Cemetary

It is a dark and gloomy setting. The full moon lights the dark sky and shines it's rays on the tomb stones. Many of the stones are damaged and none are fresh. The markings are old and withered away and out of some rise ghosts. There are small pools of water stretched out from rain but its thick and green like marsh muk making it hard to swim in. The air is cold but still and they ground is grassy and full of small pebbles. The souls that linger in the cemetary yearn for the thrill of battle and can temporarily fuse themslves with an active Pokemon before they pass into the light.

-Stones from the graves can be used for rock based attacks such as Rock throw, etc.
->When this happens, there is a 10% chance that the soul of the grave will possess its victim. If the Pokemon is possessed than...
It can only use Faint Attack, Astonish, Flash and Night Shade
It will be possessed for a 1 Round/ 3 actions
It will return to normal after the 1 Round/ 3 actions but its Health and Energy of while it was possessed will remain

Water Type moves are reduced by 1/4 their total damage due to the strange pool of water they have to use as a resource unless the Water can come naturally like Water Gun (out the mouth).

Your Doom!

Last edited:
CHALLENGING KAI​

3 vs. 3 Single
Switch Enabled
(Switching one Pokemon to the other will not count as a KO)
(A pokemon may be switched out once every 2 rounds)
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather moves
Arena: Haunted Cemetary

It is a dark and gloomy setting. The full moon lights the dark sky and shines it's rays on the tomb stones. Many of the stones are damaged and none are fresh. The markings are old and withered away and out of some rise ghosts. There are small pools of water stretched out from rain but its thick and green like marsh muk making it hard to swim in. The air is cold but still and they ground is grassy and full of small pebbles. The souls that linger in the cemetary yearn for the thrill of battle and can temporarily fuse themslves with an active Pokemon before they pass into the light.

-Stones from the graves can be used for rock based attacks such as Rock throw, etc.
->When this happens, there is a 10% chance that the soul of the grave will possess its victim. If the Pokemon is possessed than...
It can only use Faint Attack, Astonish, Flash and Night Shade
It will be possessed for a 1 Round/ 3 actions
It will return to normal after the 1 Round/ 3 actions but its Health and Energy of while it was possessed will remain

Water Type moves are reduced by 1/4 their total damage due to the strange pool of water they have to use as a resource unless the Water can come naturally like Water Gun (out the mouth).

Accept.

2 vs 2 single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 20%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Fly, Dig, Dive, Surf
Arena: Military-like Building
A sturdy building, made to withstand any type of weather. There is one, 2 foot thick window in the top to let in light, though not as much as usual will come through. The floor is made of whatever the hardest metal is, and is also 2 feet thick. The ceiling is 8.5 feet high.
Other: No Pokémon that need to be under water. Pokémon that need to stay in the air are also not a good idea. No Pokémon over the height of 8 feet.

Profile of awesomeness.

Rayne Forest said:
2 vs 2 single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 20%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Fly, Dig, Dive, Surf
Arena: Military-like Building
A sturdy building, made to withstand any type of weather. There is one, 2 foot thick window in the top to let in light, though not as much as usual will come through. The floor is made of whatever the hardest metal is, and is also 2 feet thick. The ceiling is 8.5 feet high.
Other: No Pokémon that need to be under water. Pokémon that need to stay in the air are also not a good idea. No Pokémon over the height of 8 feet.

Profile of awesomeness.

I'll accept! I haven't done this in a long time. o.o
~profile!

1v1 single
style: set
dq: 333 hours, or three hours less than two weeks
damage cap: 10%
banned moves: anything without a side effect
arena: everywhere
Everywhere. Nowhere. The world is vast, no?
Moves requiring material components require 2% less energy; there is the slight problem, however, that one may end up with the
worn component, causing earthquakes in the air, or rock tomb with water. Move types are adjusted according to material (after all, dumping water isn't exactly fire-type, is it?), and side-effects of handling the material apply.

me

Last edited:
3v3 Singles

Damage Cap: 33%

Banned Moves: Healing moves (any move where the user regains HP), Protect, Detect

Arena:
A relatively simple landscape, with a typical flat dirt arena surrounded by dense forest. This area, however, is completely surrounded by deep chasms to prevent either challenger from leaving the area. Pokemon who attempt to leave the arena by leaping over these chasms must be returned immediately or risk severe injury and are considered knocked out. Winged, psychic or floating Pokemon that attempt to fly or float over said chasms also must be returned and, while not at risk of injury are disqualified. Digging is not allowed due to the risk of what is virtually a giant pillar from falling over. The trees are susceptible to being knocked over or caught on fire.

Extra rules: First stage Pokemon only, no Pokemon that require to be underwater

I have a new link to my profile, my old one was messed up. LINK!

Last edited:
3v3 Singles

Damage Cap: 33%

Banned Moves: Healing moves (any move where the user regains HP), Protect, Detect

Arena:
A relatively simple landscape, with a typical flat dirt arena surrounded by dense forest. This area, however, is completely surrounded by deep chasms to prevent either challenger from leaving the area. Pokemon who attempt to leave the arena by leaping over these chasms must be returned immediately or risk severe injury and are considered knocked out. Winged, psychic or floating Pokemon that attempt to fly or float over said chasms also must be returned and, while not at risk of injury are disqualified. Digging is not allowed due to the risk of what is virtually a giant pillar from falling over. The trees are susceptible to being knocked over or caught on fire.

Extra rules: First stage Pokemon only, no Pokemon that require to be underwater

-puts up large neon sign pointing towards profile-

*takes*

1vs1 Single
Style: Set
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned/Restricted: OHKO's, instant recovery moves(Recover etc aren't allowed but non instant ones like Wish are allowed)

Arena Description: Evolution Forest(this IS PMD1's Friend Area but I'll do some describing as not everyone plays PMD)

A reasonable sized forest which has a large glowing stone in the middle. The stone glows all the colours of the types Eevee evolves into and it can change the weather depending on what it glows.

Red: Sunny
Blue: Rain
Light Blue: Snow
Yellow: Nothing
Purple: Nothing
Black: Nothing
Green: Nothing

And nothing happens if the stone glows something else. The stone glows one colour for each round of battling and it's effect lasts that long.

There are many trees everywhere around the forest clearing(apart from the entrance almost blocking the way out unless by flying or the entrance.

It's reasonably light as the tree's branches aren't very many or thick. The clearing is quite big, so there is no harm bringing Snorlax etc. Water Pokemon aren't recommended unless they con walk on land.

Hmm...Think I can take another challenge. I'll take you on

This is my profile

I'm backing out of this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom