• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Incest

I don't have issues with it, but as surskitty said, yeah, the lack of DNA differences are more liable to screw up the coding process, thus more likely to result in mutations. Which could be, you know, bad for the offspring.

:O Hello again.

As much as I want to, I won't make a reference to abortion here.

No kids for the incest. <3 Hey, works for me. *nodnod*

DISTURBING THREAD IS DISTURBING.

Incest? No. High chance of birth defects, and the fact that even the best-laid plans can theoretically fail means it's a bad idea.

Guys the human race is HUEG so there's bound to be someone in it for you to do that's not related to you ;-;

I've had many conversations about incest with some very different people.
I don't suppose it should make a difference in terms of love, though I was once told it was illegal. Though I haven't really looked into it...

Eh. It's up to them, though I have to say, I personally don't find the idea very appealing at all.
The Westermarck effect thing is really interesting, though. Ooh~

Personally (jokes aside), incest in your immediate family is a big no-no, since that's not really the way a mother-son/mother-daughter/father-son/father-daughter relationship is supposed to work. I don't really have anything to back this up, though. With a cousin... well... since it's illegal to marry your cousin in the US, a long-term relationship is kind of pointless. Better to resist the temptation. But I guess... if it's a one night stand and you use a condom, it's not really hurting anyone, is it?

Personally (jokes aside), incest in your immediate family is a big no-no, since that's not really the way a mother-son/mother-daughter/father-son/father-daughter relationship is supposed to work.
Who are you to define what a relationship should or shouldn't be?

Crazy Weavile said:
Incest? No. High chance of birth defects, and the fact that even the best-laid plans can theoretically fail means it's a bad idea.
So m/m or f/f relationships are fine, then?

...I find it amusing that in the debating hall, nobody would dare go against 'well who cares lol it's what you want to do'... not that I'm saying I don't believe everyone here, but... maybe the people who disagree are just not posting here. xP

I'm glad this came up (I should have started it myself XD) - because I do not find this in any way morally wrong. I don't ****ing care whether my relatives are attractive or not; I tend not to look at them in that way because like Tailsy said, there are enough people outside my family and it would just be strange to go against what my brain is probably wired to be attracted towards.

But I really hate it when people act like this is a problem, then complain about homosexuality or whatever being shunned against. Like my normally open-minded friend, who'd joke about incest - it's so hypocritical to go against others' preferences whilst demanding your own to be accepted.

Aaanyway, I don't see why there would be a problem here. Unless you start involving sex into the equation, I don't really know much about it but yeah, probably not a good idea to have kids. But gay relationships can't produce kids at all, so yyeah.

It's like what I've said before to people - if you fell in love with someone over the internet, not knowing/being able to tell what their gender was, and then found out they were the same - would you fall out of love? The same goes for siblings, it's not like you know 'it's wrong' if you don't know you're related.

If people weren't brought up to think that same-sex relationships were bad, it would be normal. The same goes for incestuous. It's just a shame it's kind of... not very good to have kids. xD

In my opinion, having incestous sex is okay as long as it doesn't produce kids. :D Just like a homosexual couple, if you want kids with your relative, adopt! :) Or steal a baby..>>;;;

Incest shouldn't be considered morally wrong, no. As long as both can legally consent and do, I see no problem with it. It doesn't hurt anyone and it has no drastic affect on society. Why not go for it?

Back
Top Bottom