• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How many Shiny Pokemon do you have?

How many Shinies do you have?

• 0-10

Votes: 204 87.6%
  • 11-20

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 31 or over

Votes: 13 5.6%

• Total voters
A shiny Swablu -Ruby
A shiny Crobat (evolved from Zubat) -Diamond

And I SAW a shiny Dusclops, but I had no Pokeballs.... >:C

So I have 2.

Now my Shinx have evolved (at the same time) into Luxrays, and I got a shiny Ponyta and a shiny Electrike. That makes 4 (or 5, if you count two of the same species as being different). I'm addicted to chaining, methinks.

Let's see...

Random Encounter:
Nidoran Male (Now a Nidoking) This guy was found in the FR Safari Zone. I got extra lucky that I caught it on my first try before it had a chance to run O_O;

Chained:
Stantler x 2
Sudowoodo x 2
Raticate
Ponyta x 3 (One is now a Rapidash)
Primeape x 4
Pinsir x 2

Trades:
Absol
Shuppet
Rhyhorn
Ditto

So 19 all together and 12 if you only count the species once.

I never got the hang of chaining.. One day, perhaps.

The only shiny I've ever encountered in-game, aside from the red gyarados, is a shiny scizor in Crystal.
elaboration: this was on a day when I was bored and playing around with a game cheating.. thing.. so trying to make a living pokédex in a day :v
basically messing around with encounter codes. I wasn't using a shiny code, but a code to make wild scizor appear.. and suddenly, this one was shiny! Gasp!
So it's a cheat-code pokémon, even though the shininess is untampered with.
How irritating. Ah well. Not tradeable to any other generation anyway.

ah, a friend of mine gave me a hoppip and a nincada.. so I have three: hoppip, shedinja & ninjask.
Four if you count the scizor in crystal. But.. either way, less than ten. Huzzah :D

Check that, I just got a shiny Beautifly last night, so that makes four, even though I've had seven shinies total; in order, I believe, they were Poochyena, Bellsprout, Sandshrew, Marowak, Tauros, Shinx, and Beautifly, bolded ones I own now.

I also caught a shiny Oddish and evolved it into Bellossom. I called it Violet for obvious reasons. :D

So that makes eight total Shinies seen, and 5 caught.

Poochyena, Bellsprout, Sandshrew, Marowak, Tauros, Shinx, Beautifly, Bellossom

I caught a shiny Phanpy named Marina.

Thate makes 6 Shinies seen and 4 caught. (2/3 of shinies seen caught)

Geodude, Pidgey, Phanpy, Cascoon, Houndoom, Gastrodon

EDIT: 7 seen, 4 caught. There was a Zigzagoon I thought was sick so I went to buy a Potion for it, just like the Pidgey. I should have known to CATCH IT so I could use a Potion on it...

Check that. I just caught Rosie (Shiny Glameow, female). Yay!

Nine shinies seen, six caught.

Poochyena, Bellsprout, Sandshrew, Marowak, Tauros, Shinx, Beautifly, Bellossom, Glameow

Due to my obsession with chaining, I have quite a few more shinies than I would if I was still terrible at it like I was back when I beat Pearl. After catching two shinies today (Happy the Dunsparce and Konan the Snover), it makes 9 seen, 6 caught. I'm back to 2/3.

Geodude, Pidgey, Zigzagoon, Phanpy, Cascoon, Houndoom, Gastrodon, Dunsparce, Snover

I've got 2 - Crobat and Pidgeot. Not very impressive, but hey. xD They both have pretty interesting stories behind them to make up for it, though...

I trained an entire party of 6 all the way to lv. 100 in the Sky Pillar in my Ruby version. This involved lots and lots and lots of battles. That kind of thing gets to your head after a while. I didn't know anything about shinies back then, and since I'd seen about 500 Golbats already I almost didn't notice when a funky colored one popped up. At first I thought there was something wrong with my SP, but upon seeing that my Pokemon looked normal, and remembering some dude outside of Lillycove remark about oddly colored Pokemon being valuable, I had the good sense to catch it. He lives happily in my Pearl cartridge now, bless him.

Pidgeot has an even better story...I was re-plying LeafGreen about a year ago in an effort to collect the Legendary Dogs. I was in hot pursuit of Raikou and decided to check my supplies to make sure I had my masterball on hand. That I did, but I had absolutely zero other Pokeballs. This really didn't bother me because there was nothing else I was interested in catching, and the only thing that made me stop to think was "What if I run into a shiny Pokemon? Then I'll be forced to use the Masterball on it and have to catch Raikou the hard way", which is no fun when you're just trying to speed through the game. But, you know, that would never happen. So, cue me, skipping merrily through the grass, mentally crossing my fingers that Raikou would appear. A wild Pokemon attacks! I brace myself. Is it Raikou? No. It's a freaking SHINY PIDGEY. My mind was blown. What were the chances? 1 in 8000+. But it happened. So I caught it and pretty much gave up on Raikou for the time being. Still haven't caught him. But to this day I have to live with the constant assumption by fellow players that my Shiny Pidgeot is hacked because she was caught with a Masterball. Go figure.

But to this day I have to live with the constant assumption by fellow players that my Shiny Pidgeot is hacked because she was caught with a Masterball. Go figure.

Why would they think that? I caught my shiny Tauros with a Master Ball.

I have so many shinies I forgot one: A Slugma I got of the GTS. So that makes 10 seen and 7 caught. And I think I'm unlucky O.O

I got 7 shiny Eevees just barely. Without cheats. So now I have 19 shinies in eight different species, all of them chained by me.

Shiny Fearow in FireRed and shiny Gyarados (obviously) in Crystal. I don't have the ability to chain well, even though I have the patience for it. (In Platinum I'm saved in the Game Corner with just over 20,000 coins, trying to win 20,000 more on the slots, for instance. :x)

Fearow's got a pretty cute story, though: my team in FireRed had been planned ahead of time as Blastoise, Arcanine, Jolteon, Fearow, Alakazam and Golem. I had already caught a Spearow and was training her and the rest of my team outside Cerulean while watching videos of a guy catching Arceus 'cause I couldn't find a long enough video of Arceus' battle music. Spearow had just evolved, and I was training her. Wild Pokémon - I looked down to see what it is and my heart almost stopped. I promptly captured the Spearow, boxed my older Fearow and proceeded to make Goldenwing the Spearow part of my main team. I love how it was this runthrough that I decided to redo my team with Fearow instead of Pidgeot; otherwise Goldenwing might be rotting in my box somewhere. Instead, she's a level 67 team mainstay. I've grown so used to hearing Fearow's cry and seeing the shiny sparkle that when I train on route 227 in Platinum and run into a Fearow I keep expecting to hear the sparkle. <3

I've had four, all legit.
A pikachu
A zubat
A stunky, which was the only one I got via chaining - I gave it to a friend.
And my favorite: a tentacool, evolved now, given to me by my bff. His name is LUBRiCANT and I love him to deathhh~

None. None at all. I saw a shiny Quagsire once in the Safari Zone, which I caught and then forgot to save. Biggest facepalm moment of all my Pokemon-playing life.

I literally just found out about the chaining method a few minutes after curiosity while reading through this thread. Once I get the PokeRadar in my new file, I'm going to start attempting to chain. Hopefully, it will land me some shinies.

3, and all of them traded. An Eevee, an Umbreon, and a Typhlosion.

I've seen a shiny Pelipper in my Sapphire, but I RAN AWAY FROM IT. Of course, that was when I was seven. :/

I have one now, an Elekid. I'm quite happy about it, because that's was the pokémon I was looking for anyway, and it was holding an electirizer too, which was something else I was looking for.

So now I have one. Although I haven't used it at all.

Back
Top Bottom