• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Quite possibly the best example of bad writing.

Fox McCloud

Firefox No Longer
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5077629/1/INVINCIBLEGIGAXISBASS_VS_DIAICEBURN

If you can sit through that and like it, go get your head examined.

It gets better.

This is my review.

This is a good example of trolling.

Trolling is when you decide to annoy people in such a manner as this. Caps locking everything while adding all exclamation points and random "Watch some anime" lines really are an insult to a community such as this. I have learned to defeat trolls, not by arguing with them, but by showing others exactly how foolish they make themselves appear to be.

Unless, of course, this truly is the best you can do. In that case... I feel sorry that you cannot fully express yourself.

I also noticed you said your name was Ethan Rice and you were two years old. Yeah...

Now, do you all see how to beat a troll without arguing with him? Good.

Okay, here's his reply in an email.

Title: INVINCIBLEGIGAXISBASS VS DIAICEBURN
Chapter: 1
Story URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5077629/1/
Author URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1749797/
--------------------

I DIDN'T SAY I WAS 2! I'M 18 NOW AND I NOT TROLLING!

NOR AM I YELLING YOU SEE THIS IS MY TYPING STYLE!

WHEN I SAID THAT ANIME THING IT A BOBOBOBOBOBOBO REF.

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND THIS! I LOVE THE MEGAMAN SERIES AND DON'T DISS IT!

Now he's claiming to be 18 and not dissing anything.

Really.

At least he somewhat justified the "Watch some anime" line.

But still. If he's 18, it scares me that he exists. More to come, I'm replying to what he said.

That was mildly entertaining. I don't get what the big deal is, he's obviously trying to make a joke. Don't take it too seriously.

Also, where can I get my head examined? Because I actually laughed while reading that.

With this one it's clear he's a troll. My Immortal is epic because you have no idea if it's a troll fic or just written by a chimp.

Incidentally, I played this TV Tropes drinking game while reading My Immortal, except with handfuls of popcorn instead of beer. The entire bag was gone by chapter 7. I tried again with a can of Pepsi, starting from where I left off, and got to about chapter 9 or 10. The tales of people who tried at the bottom are terrifying.

This one was too painful to read x_x And not particularly quotable-- My Immortal still takes that cake, for bringing on near-constant lulz.

As long as we're talking bad fanfiction, this one's fairly lulzy. In fact pretty much everything this guy writes is hilarious, although I have literally no idea whether or not he's a troll because it's pretty obvious English isn't his first language, but still. o_O

MY IMMORTAL IS THE GOD OF ALL BAD FANFICTION AND THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER READ IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. ANYONE WHO DISAGREES IS WRONG.

The troll who wrote My Immortal is a genius. He/she put subtle jokes all over the fic that 99% of people probably didn't catch. Trolling at its finest.

All these fanfics are obvious trolls. In my opinion, a fanfic cannot properly be called "bad" unless it seems to have been written seriously. Such as "Ash Becoming a Love Machine" by Cyberduh from The Pokémon Tower. (Warning: it has badly-written sex in it.) Or my own Molzapart and Rainteicune.

My Immortal was incredibly hard for me to get to. x3 But it was amusing in a way. My Inner Life on the other hand... That just made me headdesk. Repeatedly. And then try to strangle someone.

As for this - I've never played a Megaman game, so I have even less of any idea of what's going on. Yay! x3

The most bizarre thing is that almost all of them have at least a couple of reviews, while good stories tend to have trouble even pulling off more than one or two per chapter unless they happen to get noticed by the fangirls.

A lot of the story descriptions sound like Babelfish/Google translations, too.

"Forest meets of a suprise!"
"Walled collecting of the trash!"
"One gaming board making of a lot of trouble!"
"So two of my stories to crossover. But which? A thunder storm happen in Hogwarts, but for a special reason."

EDIT: "Captain America to make defendings of America!"

And the best line of one of his fics...

"Oh no!" said Obama, "The feces are spreading outside the wall of the city! We must use nuke!"

...That was in an Eragon fic. Yes I read it. I've been reading these. These are so hilarious. I know want to use danube as a verb.

On topic, yeah, it can't be the example of the worst writing as it painfully obvious the perosn is a troll and did it on purpose. It could only be a genuine "worst writing ever" if it wasn't done.. on purpose. :I

Doesn't make what he does less of an eye-sore so -at least- he's a succesful troll, as he people react to it.

Back
Top Bottom