• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. Since two of my battles ended, might as well re-post this challenge

2 vs 2 Single
DQ:
4 Days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing
Arena: The Battledome

The Battledome is the place to go for combat in Neopia, a gigantic arena of metal and concrete, the most high-tech building this side of Virtupets. It's relatively simple in it's normal state; a 100-foot in diameter steel arena of circular shape, with a large pond in the centre for those bound to water.

But the Battledome will change it's appearance and location every round, and is completely random what it becomes. The choices and changes are these:

Stone Dome: Located in the Haunted Woods, the Stone Dome is open to the sky, and surrounded by ancient trees and a starry sky, the moon covered by clouds. The pond has become a murky black and filled with weeds. This arena grants a 3% boost to all Dark- and Ghost-type attacks, and a 2% Energy decrease for the same.

Ice Arena: Located on Terror Mountain, the Ice Arena is completely enclosed in a glittering layer of ice so cold that is cannot be melted. The pond has frozen over, and the air is chilled to the negatives. This arena grants a 3% boost to Ice attacks and a 2% energy reduction to the same.

Island Arena: Located on Mystery Island, the Island Arena isn't much more than a cleared-out section of jungle, the floor made of dirt and grass rather than metal. The pond is a pure sparkling blue here. This arena grants a 3% boost to Grass- and Bug-type attacks and a 2% energy reduction to the same.

Space Arena: Located in the Virtupets Space Station, the Space Arena is completely clear, allowing the battlers to see the stars around them, the moon, and Neopia below. Gazing out at the world below them will cause the Pokemon to become Intimidated as per the Ability.

Water Arena: Located in Maraqua under the sea, the Water Arena is, as it's name would suggest, completely filled with water. All non water-breathers will find their heads (or whatever they use to breath) surrounded by a magical bubble that allows them to breath. This arena makes all Fire Attacks completely useless and cuts all non-swimmer's speed by 2.

Tyrannian Arena: Located in the prehistoric Tyrannia, the Tyrannian Arena is a primitively-cut stone on a large plateau. This arena has a hazard; a massive Pterodactyl has a 25% chance of appearing on the second action of the round and attacking both battlers for 5% untyped damage. This Arena also grants a 3% increase to Rock attacks, and a 2% energy reduction to the same.

Battledome: The arena described at the top; has no special benefits.

Zee Profie

If you don't mind i'll take this

Profile of un-aswmoness

Only Ozzy is allowed to destroy Fleet Town; until he can, I will instead set my sights on the rest of the region with someone not entirely new.

1 v 1
DQ Time: One week
Damage Cap: None
Banned moves: All but Metronome
Arena: Mura City

The battle takes place on one of the busy streets of Mura, a straight, paved road lined with sidewalks and buildings. The road is closed off, much to the irritation of the numerous taxi drivers choking up the rest of the road-grid system, although people still stroll on the sidewalks to their destination.

The battle takes place in front of the Mura City Department Store, a building at least five storeys tall that receives the most human traffic, out of all the buildings on the street. Just down the street, there is a relatively tiny nameless thrift store, a Tracey's clothing store, and a coffee shop. The other side is lined with a True Tauros fast food restaurant, its rival Meaty Miltank, several more clothing stores, and a hotel. Looming skyscrapers can be seen on other blocks, to help gauge destruction in the distance, although the smaller filler buildings between them are difficult to see. Around them are more hotels, stores, restaurants, nightclubs, food stands, and the usual city fare.

Mura City contains several distant special targets. A large, busy pokemon centre is just begging for disaster, and a high-roofed gym is looking for another incident to put it in the headlines. The most points, however, go to whoever can first destroy the largest police department in the region and the adjacent prison.

Although surrounded by noise, pollution, and people, nothing will - ideally - interrupt the battle, although some wannabe-crimefighters and police officers will sure try once the first meteor or energy beam falls from the sky.

Pokemon begin with 250% energy, but cannot chill.

he is owned

Last edited:
Only Ozzy is allowed to destroy Fleet Town; until he can, I will instead set my sights on the rest of the region with someone not entirely new.

1 v 1
DQ Time: One week
Damage Cap: None
Banned moves: All but Metronome
Arena: Mura City

The battle takes place on one of the busy streets of Mura, a straight, paved road lined with sidewalks and buildings. The road is closed off, much to the irritation of the numerous taxi drivers choking up the rest of the road-grid system, although people still stroll on the sidewalks to their destination.

The battle takes place in front of the Mura City Department Store, a building at least five storeys tall that receives the most human traffic, out of all the buildings on the street. Just down the street, there is a relatively tiny nameless thrift store, a Tracey's clothing store, and a coffee shop. The other side is lined with a True Tauros fast food restaurant, its rival Meaty Miltank, several more clothing stores, and a hotel. Looming skyscrapers can be seen on other blocks, to help gauge destruction in the distance, although the smaller filler buildings between them are difficult to see. Around them are more hotels, stores, restaurants, nightclubs, food stands, and the usual city fare.

Mura City contains several distant special targets. A large, busy pokemon centre is just begging for disaster, and a high-roofed gym is looking for another incident to put it in the headlines. The most points, however, go to whoever can first destroy the largest police department in the region and the adjacent prison.

Although surrounded by noise, pollution, and people, nothing will - ideally - interrupt the battle, although some wannabe-crimefighters and police officers will sure try once the first meteor or energy beam falls from the sky.

Pokemon begin with 250% energy, but cannot chill.

he is owned

Errrmm ... I don't think I should be on the 'No more challenges list' since I only have 1 open battle that I can find.

Thus, I should be able to accept this ... if not, then opps

Last edited:
Must... have... ASB battle...

2 vs. 2 Single
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned: OHKO Moves
Arena: Keyboard

The battle takes place on a computer keyboard. Filled with dips and hills, this is a dangerous terain. The battlers are shrunk to fit the field.

The keyboard is a very worn out one, missing the a, b, h, p, shift, and t keys. It had a numeric keypad. Dust between the keys occasionally blows around the battlers, about 5% of the time, obscuring the view for a turn. There is also a 5% chance that some kid will try to type something, injuring the battlers with 5% Normal damage. He'll probably try to grab at one of the battlers if he sees them firing some strange beams at each other.

I'm sure you can't guess.

Must... have... ASB battle...

2 vs. 2 Single
DQ: 1 week
Banned: OHKO Moves
Arena: Keyboard

The battle takes place on a computer keyboard. Filled with dips and hills, this is a dangerous terain. The battlers are shrunk to fit the field.

The keyboard is a very worn out one, missing the a, b, h, p, shift, and t keys. It had a numeric keypad. Dust between the keys occasionally blows around the battlers, about 5% of the time, obscuring the view for a turn. There is also a 5% chance that some kid will try to type something, injuring the battlers with 5% Normal damage. He'll probably try to grab at one of the battlers if he sees them firing some strange beams at each other.

I'm sure you can't guess.

MINE!
http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=324971&postcount=140

Revoking my challenge against Claudster, since he's never on anyway.

Of course, I'm doing it so I can set up a challenge.

3 v. 3 Single
DQ: 5 days
Banned: OHKO moves, anything that would kill a civilian
Arena: Mareepolis

The capital of Beaconia, Mareepolis is a small city most well known for its large bronze Mareep statue in the town square. This battle takes place in the streets within an area 10 meters long, where a crude Pokeball has been drawn in the center of the arena.

For the most part, this is a fairly vanilla place. However, each round, there is a 15% chance that one of the following events will occur on a randomly selected action:

50%: The Beaconian anthem will play, thus causing everyone on the arena to stop battling and stand at attention as the Beaconian flag is paraded through.
15%: The Beaconian second-in-command Aviculor will run through the town, with the Pokemon trailing him badly poisoning all combatants.
25%: The Pyromaniac will run through the town, burning all combatants.
10%: A golden statue belonging to the Q.U.I.R. will have been captured and thrown into the arena. It will fall on a random combatant, causing 5% typeless damage. After this occurs, all battlers will gain an extra $6 after the battle is over.

Other: The loser has to buy the winner a Mareep.

Revoking my challenge against Claudster, since he's never on anyway.

Of course, I'm doing it so I can set up a challenge.

3 v. 3 Single
DQ: 5 days
Banned: OHKO moves, anything that would kill a civilian
Arena: Mareepolis

The capital of Beaconia, Mareepolis is a small city most well known for its large bronze Mareep statue in the town square. This battle takes place in the streets within an area 10 meters long, where a crude Pokeball has been drawn in the center of the arena.

For the most part, this is a fairly vanilla place. However, each round, there is a 15% chance that one of the following events will occur on a randomly selected action:

50%: The Beaconian anthem will play, thus causing everyone on the arena to stop battling and stand at attention as the Beaconian flag is paraded through.
15%: The Beaconian second-in-command Aviculor will run through the town, with the Pokemon trailing him badly poisoning all combatants.
25%: The Pyromaniac will run through the town, burning all combatants.
10%: A golden statue belonging to the Q.U.I.R. will have been captured and thrown into the arena. It will fall on a random combatant, causing 5% typeless damage. After this occurs, all battlers will gain an extra $6 after the battle is over.

Other: The loser has to buy the winner a Mareep.

I have seven bucks to spare :|

Alright then!

If the person who wants to ref the battle needs a reference for the Beaconian flag:

e405718.png

KAM
3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30% (excluding Robotniks PINGAS atack)
Banned Moves: OHKO's,
Arena: Dr Robotniks lab

Dr. Ivo Robotnik's labartoy constantly concocts plans to destroy that hedgehog! 10% of the tinme scratch and grounder will annoy a random pokemon and make the unable to preform thier action.
5% of the time robot nik will attack with his PINGAS! and deal 25% damege as well as flinch status.

Other: THE LOSER MUST GET ATTACKED BY ROBOTNIK!
Steel types will be turned into
Dr R's slaves.

Sorry, but I'm waiting to see if Twitch will accept my challenge.

If she says no, I will see to it that PINGAS I will PINGAS accept your PINGAS.

New Challenge

2v2
style:set
DQ:one week
Damage cap 30%
Banned moves: OHKO
Arena: A Street

The battle will take place on a quiet dead end street big enough for just about anything. There is virtually no water other than in the backyards of three houses on the street.At the end of the street the road breaks off into two directions making the end piece a perfect place too battle.the houses at the end of the street are one story houses and further away to the end are two story houses with one house towering over the rest smack dab in the middle there fore making it is possible to get on top of the houses

Notes

-When you go into someones backyard there is a 15% chance of finding an in ground pool 5X10 meters

-Fire is frowned upon so there is a 15% chance that when a fire type move is used the fire department will come on the next action. to spray down everyone causing 2% water type damage

-There is a 5% cahance that a car will come and run over a random contestant for 5% typless damage.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=338515&postcount=151

KAM
3vs3 single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30% (excluding Robotniks PINGAS atack)
Banned Moves: OHKO's,
Arena: Dr Robotniks lab

Dr. Ivo Robotnik's labartoy constantly concocts plans to destroy that hedgehog! 10% of the tinme scratch and grounder will annoy a random pokemon and make the unable to preform thier action.
5% of the time robot nik will attack with his PINGAS! and deal 25% damege as well as flinch status.

Other: THE LOSER MUST GET ATTACKED BY ROBOTNIK!
Steel types will be turned into
Dr R's slaves.

I'll take it. However, what do you mean by "Steel types become Robotnik's slaves"?

EDIT: On second thought, I think I'll pass atm.

Last edited:
well I'd really like another battle :B
2vs2 single
DQ: Seven Days
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct-Healing moves, Earthquake, Weather-changing moves.
Arena: Underground Cave

The battle takes place in an underground cave around 500m below the surface. Special lanterns have been affixed to the walls around the arena to provide light; these cannot be extinguished by pokemon. The cave is high-ceilinged and about the size of two tennis courts side-by-side. There are a few small cave ponds, no deeper than 1.5m deep and 3m wide. There is a small passage at one end of the room where the trainers will enter and exit, but this is off-limit to battlers.
Pokemon Rangers in the area have placed a ban on Earthquake, as they haven't detemined how stable this cave is just yet. Stalactites litter the ceiling, and can and will fall if a tremor shakes the vicinity - take care when using attacks like stomp or body slam! Falling Stalactites will deal 5% rock damage, and they fall straight down (there is 50% chance that they won't hit, because of this). Large boulders and stones litter the arena and can provide shelter. The air is breathable, but the cave is not well-ventilated, so air-based moves such as smog or poison gas will take three actions longer to disappear than they would ordinarily.
Can I request stage-one or baby pokemon only? I'm new to this and I don't especially want to be pummelled by your charizard just yet.

ASB profile =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom