• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking kind of the same thing Linoone, but putting all the wild pokemon in the pokemon world into one small contained environment. Maybe instead some all powerful being puts them in an alternate universe and puts them against each other. Only the greatest team of pokemon can return home? Teams would be decided as the RP progresses, and one team could ally another, but face off with them in the end? I don't know I'm trying out random ideas here.

I was thinking kind of the same thing Linoone, but putting all the wild pokemon in the pokemon world into one small contained environment. Maybe instead some all powerful being puts them in an alternate universe and puts them against each other. Only the greatest team of pokemon can return home? Teams would be decided as the RP progresses, and one team could ally another, but face off with them in the end? I don't know I'm trying out random ideas here.

Hm, not sure if the team thing is a good idea though, since if one member goes inactive, then the whole RP stops moving until the member comes back. I think one vs one might work better, although it'll still be quite chaotic if there's a lot of people.

I like the alternate universe idea, but the problem still stands though: this might work better if it ends up as a "team up and defeat evil powerful being and live happily ever after", if the RP survives for that long.

I like the alternate universe idea, but the problem still stands though: this might work better if it ends up as a "team up and defeat evil powerful being and live happily ever after", if the RP survives for that long.
It will, but they have to start off as total strangers, and I don't want to think too far ahead. You're right about the teams though, that was a shot in the dark, but I think I'll definitely send them off into another dimension.

@Chaon: I think what will be really cool (uh, somewhat interesting?) if they start as total strangers and develop friendships even though they're trying to kill each other. We can start as a "kill your opponent" kind of thing, then, by using modding powers, start making everyone friends and fight evil.

I dunno.

One of the things I was thinking about, along similar lines, was an RPG that dealt with probably normal high-school-aged humans, each friends with each other and each with a single Pokemon 'pet'. The Pokemon would be able to interact with each other in a safe environment while the humans go to school, (yes, this is what eventually came of my Pokemon school version), and after school, the humans would be reunited with their partners and they'd each be able to hang out and do normal things. No 'great tournaments' or whatever, but there could still be prize fights or even local tournaments... it would be more free-style.

I think you'd need a goal where everyone works to to make it work. The more popular RP's all have a goal (RSP with the "fight evil rescue pokemon", Rift in the Dimensions with the "save world from destruction", etc...). Free style might die after a while because nothing happens.

Questions: Who will control the humans? As in, are they playable? Because, from what I can tell, people usually don't like playing as humans, so the RP might be lacking some humans if they're controlled by people. If we take the humans out of the picture, however (either not have them or making them NPCs), then the tournament thing won't really work out that well.

Here, let's try this.

At exactly 3:00 AM, every pokemon around the world disappeared. They were stolen from their familiar universe to a new, strange universe. When at first they awoke, they were confused, but the being spoke to them all at once using some sort of telepathy.

"Welcome, welcome. I hope you will enjoy your stay here. There are a few things you should know. First, in this universe you will have to watch your step. Some pieces are a little loose, and you might just slip through the cracks if you're not careful. The second is that only a few of you will be able to return to your beloved humans. The last three surviving pokemon will be able to return to their universe. The third thing you need to know, is that if there are more than three of you still left alive after a four week period, you all die. The last thing is that, my pets don't take kindly to strangers. If you must, feel free to put them down. Have fun everyone."

Will you survive in this terrible new universe?

And just because I feel like doing extra work, I'm going to make a map of the universe.

^ = Mountians
- = Deserts
* = Forests
~ = Water

~~~^^^~~*****^^^^
~^^^--^^***~~**^^^
^^^------^*~~~***^^^
^--------^***~~****^^
^^----^^***~**~***^^
~^^--^***~~**~~**^^
~~^^^**~~~**~~~*^^
~~~^^^~~~****~~~*^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
^^^^^~~~~~~^^^^^^
^***^^^~~~~^*****^^
~^^^^~~~~~~^^^^^~~

I hope I didn't do that for nothing.

CL: I'd probably structure it similar to my last RPG, with people able to play both a human and a Pokémon, up to a point. As for a goal, that could mean different things to different people. Being the strongest or smartest could be something to work for, but really, what kinds of goals are you supposed to have in a high school RPG? Meeting new people, socializing, getting to know friends better... that's probably going to be the main point.

Here, let's try this.

Don't mind me here, actually. I just like to break things down into little bits and attempt to fix some plot holes or whatever that may have appeared.

At exactly 3:00 AM, every pokemon around the world disappeared.[/quote]

I don't think it should be every pokemon, since that would be a huge amount... Just say that a few disappeared for no reason at all, even if it's not that dramatic.

They were stolen from their familiar universe to a new, strange universe. When at first they awoke, they were confused, but the being spoke to them all at once using some sort of telepathy.

Try to make it sound more dramatic and/or descriptive; you don't even have to mention the whole "new universe" thing. I think it would be better if you just say that they woke up in a strange place they've never seen before, and, suddenly, they heard a voice coming from seemingly nowhere.

"Welcome, welcome. I hope you will enjoy your stay here. There are a few things you should know. First, in this universe you will have to watch your step. Some pieces are a little loose, and you might just slip through the cracks if you're not careful. The second is that only a few of you will be able to return to your beloved humans. The last three surviving pokemon will be able to return to their universe. The third thing you need to know, is that if there are more than three of you still left alive after a four week period, you all die. The last thing is that, my pets don't take kindly to strangers. If you must, feel free to put them down. Have fun everyone."

You should make it more clear that there's a tournament set up; it's hard to tell what's the goal of this place. I also think the "pets" things should come in way later in the (pretty much) non-existant plot where the last few surviving pokemon decide to fight TEH EVIL and TEH EVIL sents out its pets.

Will you survive in this terrible new universe?

This line is good, but perhaps you should refer to the pokemon as "you" instead of "they" all throughout the post. It might make it seem more consistent.

And just because I feel like doing extra work, I'm going to make a map of the universe.

^ = Mountians
- = Deserts
* = Forests
~ = Water

~~~^^^~~*****^^^^
~^^^--^^***~~**^^^
^^^------^*~~~***^^^
^--------^***~~****^^
^^----^^***~**~***^^
~^^--^***~~**~~**^^
~~^^^**~~~**~~~*^^
~~~^^^~~~****~~~*^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
^^^^^~~~~~~^^^^^^
^***^^^~~~~^*****^^
~^^^^~~~~~~^^^^^~~

I hope I didn't do that for nothing.

Um, I think the map is kind of confusing... I personally can never make sense of those line-dot-whatever maps, so it could be just me...

CL: I'd probably structure it similar to my last RPG, with people able to play both a human and a Pokémon, up to a point. As for a goal, that could mean different things to different people. Being the strongest or smartest could be something to work for, but really, what kinds of goals are you supposed to have in a high school RPG? Meeting new people, socializing, getting to know friends better... that's probably going to be the main point.

I know, High Schools RPs don't really have goals... I just don't really want it to die (because all the RP's I've been in has died. Ugh.) People started getting more and more inactive and poof! It's dead. And again, not a lot of people will want to be humans (like in the last RP you made), which will be troublesome.

IDEA: You can have the humans bring the pokemon to school, which will be like a pokemon school where they teach kids about pokemon battling and contests and such, and the modperson can be the teacher and control the classes and organize battles and such while the RPers can hang around in the classrooms, chatting or whatever. So the humans can have something to do during battles; they order the orders, and the pokemon has to (should) obey, but the actions (like getting hit or not) are up to them.

Blerg weekends. I probably won't be here tomorrow and the day after that, so if I don't respond or whatever, you've been warned.

Okay then...

At exactly 3:00 AM, serveral pokemon from different parts of the word disappeared, including YOU! You wake up in a strange new place full of toxic swaps, flaming forests, and mountains of ice. In this strange new place, there are places where you can defy the very laws of physics, and places where the laws of physics defy you. When at first you wake, your confusion causews you to panic, but all is explained in the form of a voice that echoed all throughout this strange new place.

"Welcome, welcome, to my humble abode. I've decided to hold a little tournament, and you are the contestants. Though I am the only spectator, I still expect you all to put on a grand show. As of now, there are 12 contestants in this little piece of hell, and only three will return to their humans alive. The other 9, not so fortunate. However, if there are more than three contestants left after one month, or I begin to get bored beforehand, I will not hesitate to use the Grand Finale I have planned, and none of you will survive. Oh and one more thing: My home is a little incomplete at the moment, so don't wander far. Hehehehahahahaaaa..."

Will you survive this strange new place?

Okay then...

At exactly 3:00 AM, serveral pokemon from different parts of the word disappeared, including YOU! You wake up in a strange new place full of toxic swaps, flaming forests, and mountains of ice. In this strange new place, there are places where you can defy the very laws of physics, and places where the laws of physics defy you. When at first you wake, your confusion causews you to panic, but all is explained in the form of a voice that echoed all throughout this strange new place.

"Welcome, welcome, to my humble abode. I've decided to hold a little tournament, and you are the contestants. Though I am the only spectator, I still expect you all to put on a grand show. As of now, there are 12 contestants in this little piece of hell, and only three will return to their humans alive. The other 9, not so fortunate. However, if there are more than three contestants left after one month, or I begin to get bored beforehand, I will not hesitate to use the Grand Finale I have planned, and none of you will survive. Oh and one more thing: My home is a little incomplete at the moment, so don't wander far. Hehehehahahahaaaa..."

Will you survive this strange new place?

Perfect. Besides the typo. But who cares.

Actually, having your real deck would kinda work, since you can therefor not cheat by pulling your best cards all the time.
By the way, how many cards was allowed in a deck now again? I might need to remove a few.

Heh, if I would have kept my brother's deck, I could have kicked all fo your asses(You see, my friend used to be a yu-gi-oh fan, totally obssesed, and when my brother told hmi he likes it and he quit it anyway, he gave it my brother. Now my brother threw it away. Lol.).

Heh, if I would have kept my brother's deck, I could have kicked all fo your asses(You see, my friend used to be a yu-gi-oh fan, totally obssesed, and when my brother told hmi he likes it and he quit it anyway, he gave it my brother. Now my brother threw it away. Lol.).

Beating my Dark-deck is beyond impossible, that's how awesome it is.

Plus I've spent 30 bucks to get ONE card, so it's not awesome if it's cheap. :/

But really, my deck is pretty rad. :3

I would only join this if we agreed no 5D bull crap. Other than that I have no issues with a yu gi oh RP. Even the Duel Academy idea would work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom