• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

*Sigh* Mama mia, here I go again...

158.png

[Kenny]Totodile(M)
Ability: Torrent
Signature Attribute: Berserker​

Kenny, like any Totodile, has a wierd habit of biting everything he could see. However, unlike most Totodile evolution line pokemon, the clan he lived in, known as the 'killer aligator' clan, has taken that habit one...no, a few thousand steps forward. Kenny, just like every other newborn Totodile in that clan, was taught how to use desperation to become powerful, or, in other words, how to release the inner rage and crush whatever he could see.

However, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't release his inner fury- whenever he tried to, something made him calm down, or he couldn't find a reason to enter this mode.

One day, while strolling around with one of his clan's more grown up Totodiles, a group of dark figures attacked them, killing Kenny's friend and badly injuring him in a matter of seconds.

Just when Kenny was sure he was going to die, he realized one of his best friends was killed by these attackers. Almost losing his sins from anger, he charged at the strangers, ripping them apart, one by one, and feeling how his anger filled his whole mind. After all but one of them ran away, he went to the last stranger. However, a moment before he could kill the shadowy figure, it said 'the berserker is back', and then collapsed, definitly dead.

When he came back to his clan and told everyone his story, they casted him out, saying that the story was nothing but a bluff.
From that day on, Kenny went around the world, all alone, and trained his rage techniques, and, after a few months, mastering them, learning to release all of the anger that is stored in him once his opponent, well, hurts and angers him enough.

Effects:
Once Kenny falls below 33% Health, he starts becoming much more agressive than he is normally. All of his attacks deal 3% more damage, but cost 2% more energy. If Kenny tries to chill when going berserk, he has to cool down, which means he won't be in berserk mode until 6 action after chilling. In addition, if he chills within the 6 action wait time, the timer rests.
As long as Kenny is going berserk, he is unaffected by attacks that base on feelings(attract, scary face, charm, etc.). kenny is locked on physical attacks as long as he is going berserk. If, while Kenny is recharging his anger after Chilling, someone uses Taunt, Swagger or Torment on Kenny, he will automaticly go berserk the instant said attack is used.

Last edited:

No, I didn't know. Okay, I'll wait.

EDIT: And Lars, 'acctualy' is incorrect. 'Actually' is correct.

OCD is a major thing. Yet it gives me such a wonderful excuse to nitpick.

Last edited:

For the record: No, none of you were forgotten or overlooked. As the only sig attribute approver who has apparently been posting lately I would have been the one to look at your modifications, not Blazhy, and as I have limited computer access I do not always have the time to actually sit down and read/approve/nitpick over your mods in detail. I saw that they were there and was going to get to them as soon as possible. It's one thing if some people's attributes are actually getting approved and yours are not, but please do try to be patient.

I SURE DO KNOW HOW TO GET LOST FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME okay let me finally try this again-

Firstly, I planned to have both - mostly because Inner Focus make sense anyway in the sense to flinching would be an attempt against his physical form, while the possessors would not be directly affected - not to mention, if one does become disrupted another fills in shortly after.
BUT there was a detail I forget to add - I wanted Katsu to permanently be a Riolu, for purposes of my own story behind him as well as a direct effect of being possessed as he is, making a happiness evolution different, difficult and/or impossible. Thus, although he (or maybe it should be said his ethereal friends..) is far more powerful than a normal Riolu, he can't directly become more so, at least not normally and for the cases of ASB possibly never. That should hopefully clear up those intentions.
- He should possibly be considered a fully evolved Pokémon for the purposes of certain situations, such as the battle you (Kratos) recently posted looking for fully evolved Poke's only due to his abilities, but still suffer the pre-evolution damage penalty due to the body's pure physical limitations. It also helps to balance him this way, I feel.

Also - Bad Dreams would -not- be cancelled if somehow both were asleep. Although the spirits would lose control over Katsu, the sleeping opponent is still in a mentally vulnerable state allowing the spirits to continue doing their stuff. However - I should add the clause that Bad Dreams can only activate -initially- if Katsubousha is awake at the time, so if, say, he is put to sleep and then the opponent uses Rest, he cannot actually haunt his opponent until he himself is back to his awakened and Ghost/Fight type state, and of course only considering they're still sleeping themselves.

His typing should be active right from the state of battle - as I mentioned, he becomes nervous in actual conflict, which gives enough of a mental vulnerability within himself to allow full possession. It doesn't need any sort of trigger initially.

And his moves were mostly a selection of higher-powered physical moves I felt required a more focused disposal of physical conditioning and focus or otherwise, and especially considering how I noted his body would be highly contorted. Doing something like heavily stomping to cause and Earthquake, or jumping in a way that he could perform such a kick as HJK would be very difficult to pull off and the spirits in control likely would not even bother, instead opting for their more ethereal ways of attacking. It was more of a balance thing, I suppose, he loses most of his more power-based Fighting moves as well as some coverage and utility, such as being unable to heal himself in any direct way by losing Rest. Quick Attack is in the same vein, as I don't think his whole body would be apt to be able to move like that - but I left Mach Punch due to him likely still being able to work his fists adequately, although if you preferred I removed that as well it wouldn't be an issue - albeit I see no reason to limit Vacuum Wave so one way or another he will have a Priority Fighting move.

[Katsubousha] Riolu (Male)
<Inner Focus / Bad Dreams>

Signature Attribute: Ghost Hotel
- Katsubousha is, for all intents and purposes, a normal Riolu at most times. He does however, come from a powerful bloodline - one that, for reasons unknown, attracted spectral attention to him in particular. Katsu is possessed by a variety of ghosts, and when threatened, frightened or otherwise nervous his body goes limp allowing them full control of his actions - and Katsu himself for the most part never personally sees battle. This keeps a certain cycle going, making him nervous to fight, which allows the spirits control, which means he never conditions himself for it. The spirits have, however, grown to share a symbiotic-like relationship with him, and in addition to having disposition towards his own feelings and views, seem to be under the same method of control as normal captured Ghost types.
With these spirits gain control, they will begin to incorporate their own abilities with those of their host - although they cannot fully utilise him themselves. In addition while under their control, Katsu will be pulled partially into the spirit world; effectively making him a part-Ghost type, and weaknesses and resistances will be modified as such.
Katsu's body tends to take strange forms while under control of the spirits, and he often shuffles sideways, swings his upper body and arms loosely, or even bends over backwards nearly crabwalking. In addition to making some movement awkward, It can give off disturbing vibes to his opponents, and should they fall under the effects of sleep some of his errant spirits can prey on this - effectively granting him the 'Bad Dreams' ability.
Katsu is also incapable of phasing, due to his body still being a technically feasible object, and if Katsu himself can be reached and calmed by way of Sleep status or similar, the spirits will temporarily lose their control until the effect ends, cancelling his Ghost subtype. While sleeping, Katsu's 'Bad Dreams' cannot activate, and will only afflict an opponent should he be conscious. This ability will activate as soon as Katsubousha is conscious on the field with a sleeping enemy, and will remain in effect once activate until the time of their waking. In addition, Attract has a 50% chance of working from both genders due to the spirits making up every gender and preference.

Effects:
-Katsubousha is considering to be a Fight/Ghost type, and weaknesses, resistances, immunities and STAB are adjusted accordingly.

-Sleep cancels Ghost typing temporarily. (Until awoken) Sleep Talk cannot use any moves listed in Move Mods, both gained and lost types.

-Attract will work at a 50% chance from both genders.

-Gains 'Bad Dreams' ability in addition to natural 'Inner Focus'. Damage from Bad Dreams lowered to 2% per action. 'Bad Dreams' can only activate while Katsubousha is awake. It will activate at the soonest point Katsu's body is conscious on the field with a sleeping enemy, and only de-activate upon their waking.

-Katsubousha may not evolve. For purposes of battles requiring fully evolved Pokémon he is considered to be final form, however due to the physical limitations of this smaller form he still suffers the damage and energy penalties associated with younger Pokémon.

Move Mods:
- Quick Attack, Earthquake, Poison Jab, Attract, Rest, Reversal, Cross Chop and Hi Jump Kick
+ Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Spite, Hypnosis, Haze, Trick Room, Snatch and Destiny Bond

To be fair, I think it would really be up to the person making the challenge whether or not Katsu can be considered final-form. When I set up that battle and said that I didn't want to fight any unevolved Pokémon, I really meant it and personally would not have wanted to fight a Riolu no matter what its attribute. You can ask that they allow you to use him in such challenges, but if they were specifically looking to ban things like Riolu then that's their prerogative as challenge issuer.

Honestly... I really feel like this is trying to do a little too much. I understand that you don't intend to evolve him, but I don't really know that such an exception can really be made--Riolu is an unevolved Pokémon. I would wait for Negrek's word on this. It might be okay, but... yeah, wait for Negrek. Sorry.

Okay, here we go again. Again.

Rapid Spinning: BoTelTep has always been somewhat hyperactive, even for a Baltoy. Its spinning is remarkably fast, and it causes a strong breeze, so when BoTelTep is on the field, Spikes or Toxic Spikes (although they would be ineffective on BoTelTep anyway) are eliminated for all Pokémon, and the Fog condition is cleared. Any attack based on manipulating the air to hurt BoTelTep (Gust, Air Slash, etc.) has its damage reduced by a quarter, as do attacks based on things in the air (Silver Wind, etc.) and non-damaging moves of this type have their accuracy reduced by 15%. Also, any Pokémon using a Contact-based move takes 1% Untyped Damage. This is tiring, however, so BoTelTep uses up 1% Energy every action it is spinning. BoTelTep stops this temporarily when commanded to use an move that damages the opponent, or when it is Asleep or commanded to stop. This leaves BoTelTep ‘free’ to take a hit on that action, and eliminates the energy loss. BoTelTep also stops spinning for an extremely short time if taking more than 25% damage in one attack, but starts again after a second. There is enough time for any move above normal priority to hit in this if used by a Pokémon with above 60 base Speed. BoTelTep does not stop spinning when commanded to Chill, Do Nothing or use a non-damaging move.

When getting a modification approved you still need to restate all relevant information about that Pokémon. When you repost it again, include BoTelTep's name, species, etc.. Do not quote yourself when asking whether you have been overlooked. Quotes within quotes get lost. Just copy and paste in the future. And in the future, please separate the description of the modification and the effects of the modification into two sections, as the rules state and as, for example, L'il Dwagie above you has done.

When you say "free" to take a hit, what do you mean by that? Do you mean that the opponent can attack him without getting hit in return? Clarify that, please.

well, if blazhy had to ask that question, I'm probably not being clear enough.

it's intended to be activated during a personal-range move by taking -1 to priority (stat-boosters, healing, and chill, mostly).

still not sure whether this is a move mod or a body mod.

[nenya] dratini (♀)
something mod:
Nenya had an unusual fondness for the move Natural Gift even in the wild, where, in she was know in her clan for her myriad uses of the move; but still she was not satisfied with her power.
With the free time that comes with being with a trainer, she has perfected her control of the move, learning to manipulate its form, and to form it as a move her own type.
Finally, she learned to imbue it with the various elemental energy she can control; however, in doing so, she tends to briefly imbue herself with the same energy.
However, her mastery of this power ignores her other intrinsic powers: she can no longer express her Hidden Power meaningfully; nor can she draw on the Secret Power.
Effects:
Nenya can project the move Natural Gift in an arbitrary shape. This does not have any real effect other than in interactions with the arena. Natural Gift always gets the same-type attack bonus, and in the action she uses the move, Nenya gains the type of the move as a secondary type. When using moves with personal range (mostly chills and stat-boosters), Nenya can, by taking -1 to priority and expending 2% energy, change the type of her future uses of Natural Gift to the type of any move she can use during that action. (These types being: dragon, electric, fighting, fire, ice, normal, poison, psychic, steel, water, and typeless.) She is unable to use the moves Hidden Power, Secret Power. (Nature Power or any other move which depends on the state of the user, too, but Dratini doesn't get any.) Nenya enters battle with an randomly-typed Natural Gift.

(if this qualifies as a body mod, I'll need to state that regardless of whether I decide to give her a sig in the future, Nenya has Natural Gift as a 90-base no-miss.)

Did I mention I'm probably trying to do too much?

Yes, this is trying to do too much. I don't think a basic-stage Pokémon should be able to dictate the type and trajectory of a base-90 flawless accuracy attack (let alone one with permanent STAB) period, regardless of penalty. If the type of natural gift were randomized every time or something then I guess it could work, and you could refine it after Nenya evolves, but as it is now I would have to say no.

And yes, this would be a body mod even with that activation, as its primary effects (ability to change the shape, temporarily changing Nenya's secondary type, etc.) are intrinsic.

*Sigh* Mama mia, here I go again...

158.png

[Kenny]Totodile(M)
Ability: Torrent
Signature Attribute: Berserker​

Kenny, like any Totodile, has a wierd habit of biting everything he could see. However, unlike most Totodile evolution line pokemon, the clan he lived in, known as the 'killer aligator' clan, has taken that habit one...no, a few thousand steps forward. Kenny, just like every other newborn Totodile in that clan, was taught how to use desperation to become powerful, or, in other words, how to release the inner rage and crush whatever he could see.

However, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't release his inner fury- whenever he tried to, something made him calm down, or he couldn't find a reason to enter this mode.

One day, while strolling around with one of his clan's more grown up Totodiles, a group of dark figures attacked them, killing Kenny's friend and badly injuring him in a matter of seconds.

Just when Kenny was sure he was going to die, he realized one of his best friends was killed by these attackers. Almost losing his sense from anger, he charged at the strangers, ripping them apart, one by one, and feeling how his anger filled his whole mind. After all but one of them ran away, he went to the last stranger. However, a moment before he could kill the shadowy figure, it said 'the berserker is back', and then collapsed, definitly dead.

When he came back to his clan and told everyone his story, they casted him out, saying that the story was nothing but a bluff.
From that day on, Kenny went around the world, all alone, and trained his rage techniques, and, after a few months, mastering them, learning to release all of the anger that is stored in him once his opponent, well, hurts and angers him enough.

Effects:
Once Kenny falls below 33% Health, he starts becoming much more agressive than he is normally. All of his attacks deal 3% more damage, but cost 2% more energy. If Kenny tries to chill when going berserk, he has to cool down, which means he won't be in berserk mode until 6 action after chilling. In addition, if he chills within the 6 action wait time, the timer rests.
As long as Kenny is going berserk, he is unaffected by attacks that base on feelings(attract, scary face, charm, etc.). kenny is locked on physical attacks as long as he is going berserk. If, while Kenny is recharging his anger after Chilling, someone uses Taunt, Swagger or Torment on Kenny, he will automaticly go berserk the instant said attack is used.

Approved.

Understood on all accounts. Though on trying to do too much.. I'd kind of like to bring up the example Porygon signature attribute in the reference threads, I'm not sure how it compares but it seems like it's doing just as much or more. Negrek did point out they can be as simple or complicated as one can balance them, and I'd rather not have to evolve him. But, I guess on that note it's still Negrek's realm.
And I suppose the evolution modifier was more of a formality for the cases when it would come into play, it would mostly be for contests I think, of course it would be up to interpretation for freelance matches. Still, understood.

Aaaaaanyway, I'm going to continue with my buggy swarm now and drain my pockets -even more- keke~

[Niflheim] Spinarak (Female)
<Swarm>

For five bucks <:

Understood on all accounts. Though on trying to do too much.. I'd kind of like to bring up the example Porygon signature attribute in the reference threads, I'm not sure how it compares but it seems like it's doing just as much or more. Negrek did point out they can be as simple or complicated as one can balance them, and I'd rather not have to evolve him. But, I guess on that note it's still Negrek's realm.
And I suppose the evolution modifier was more of a formality for the cases when it would come into play, it would mostly be for contests I think, of course it would be up to interpretation for freelance matches. Still, understood.

Aaaaaanyway, I'm going to continue with my buggy swarm now and drain my pockets -even more- keke~

[Niflheim] Spinarak (Female)
<Swarm>

For five bucks <:

Approved. Maybe I should change my Eevee's nickname now >o>

Okay, here we go again. Again. AGAIN. Fourth time lucky?

Baltoy
[BoTelTep] (Genderless)
Ability:
Levitate
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: (please be right this time)
Rapid Spinning: BoTelTep has always been somewhat hyperactive, even for a Baltoy. Its spinning is remarkably fast, and it causes a strong breeze, so when BoTelTep is on the field, Spikes or Toxic Spikes (although they would be ineffective on BoTelTep anyway) are eliminated for all Pokémon, and the Fog condition is cleared. Any attack based on manipulating the air to hurt BoTelTep (Gust, Air Slash, etc.) has its damage reduced by a quarter, as do attacks based on things in the air (Silver Wind, etc.) and non-damaging moves of this type have their accuracy reduced by 15%. Also, any Pokémon using a Contact-based move takes 1% Untyped Damage. This is tiring, however, so BoTelTep uses up 1% Energy every action it is spinning. BoTelTep stops this temporarily when commanded to use an move that damages the opponent, a concentration move or when it is Asleep or commanded to stop. This leaves BoTelTep ‘free’ to take a hit on that action without hurting the opponent, and eliminates the energy loss. BoTelTep also stops spinning for an extremely short time if taking more than 25% damage in one attack, but starts again after a second. There is enough time for any move above normal priority to hit in this if used by a Pokémon with above 60 base Speed. BoTelTep does not stop spinning when commanded to Chill, Do Nothing or use a non-damaging, non-concentration move.

Effects: When BoTelTep is on the field and goes closer than about a metre’s range from a Spikes or Toxic Spikes, they are cleared. The Fog weather condition is nullified when BoTelTep is on the field, as are Mist and Haze attacks. Attacks like Gust based on manipulating the air around BoTelTep have their damage reduced by a quarter, as do attacks like Silver Wind relying on things in the air. Non-damaging attacks of these types, like Sleep Powder, have their accuracy educed by 15%. Any Pokémon using a contact-based move on BoTelTep takes 1% untyped damage. This mod costs BoTelTep 1% Energy per action. BoTelTep stops spinning for an action if commanded to use a move that damages the opponent or a concentration move, or when Asleep or commanded to stop (this does not require a full action, so BoTelTep could ‘stop spinning and use Mud-Slap’, for example). Any of these things will allow the opponent to attack on that action without taking damage, and eliminate BoTelTep’s energy loss. BoTelTep also stops spinning for a very short time if it takes more than 25% damage in one action; BoTelTep still loses energy on that action, and there is only enough time in this for a +priority attack to hit if used by a Pokémon with above 60 base speed. BoTelTep does not spinning if commanded to Chill, Do Nothing, or to use a non-damaging, non-concentration move.

Last edited:

refinement time!

[nenya] dratini (♀)
body mod:
Nenya had an unusual fondness for the move Natural Gift even in the wild, where, in she was know in her clan for her myriad uses of the move; but still she was not satisfied with her power.
With the free time that comes with being with a trainer, she has perfected her control of the move, learning to manipulate its form, and to form it as a move her own type.
Finally, she learned to imbue it with the various elemental energies she can control; though she is not fully capable of using any particular type, and tends to briefly imbue herself with the same energy; the wild energies also quite reduce the intrinsic power of the move.
However, her mastery of this power ignores her other intrinsic powers: she can no longer express her Hidden Power meaningfully; nor can she draw on the Secret Power.
Effects:
Nenya can project the move Natural Gift in an arbitrary simple shape. This does not have any real effect other than perceptions. Natural Gift is always treated as a 70 base power never-miss attack, regardless of Nenya's signature move; in the action she uses the move, Nenya gains the type of the move as a secondary type, but she does not gain the same-type attack bonus. When sent out, one type of the types of moves Nenya can use, other than dragon (these types being: electric, fighting, fire, ice, normal, poison, psychic, steel, water, and typeless) is selected randomly, and when Nenya uses a personal-range move, she may take -1 to priority and spend 5% additional energy to (not randomly) select a new type which is either weak or strong against the current type; Natural Gift is considered to be that type for Nenya until rerolled or for the duration of the battle. She is unable to use the moves Hidden Power, Secret Power. (Nature Power or any other move which depends on the state of the user, too, but Dratini doesn't get any.)

Added the non-dragon clause due to Dragon/Dragon typing being ridiculous.
Arbitrary simple shape to prevent me form trying to control the trajectory; now I can only maybe use it as a signal system, I guess.
Restricted what types could be selected each time, and bumped up the energy for that activation.
No more STAB, and the power got reduced to Hidden Power level (though the typing control probably makes up for that).

Now it's basically a no-miss Hidden Power with restricted typing, allowing some control over the typing. With temporary type-changing. I'm probably trying still to do too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom