• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gimmick Battle
1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 (3 vs 1)
DQ: 10 Days
Damage Cap: 40%
Arena: Deserted Island
There is a deserted Island out at sea. It is a somewhat large Island, four by four Wailords in area, with minimal shrubbery. One lone tree is in the centre.
GIMMICK: This is a 3 vs 1 battle, with three trainers against one. HOWEVER, the first three trainers do not know who the first one is. Their goal is to destroy his/her dream to 'be the very best, like no one on this Island ever was'.
In the first round, the ref will randomly pick and contact the fourth to tell them who they are, while the other three will get nothing.

mah profile!

Gimmick Battle
There is a deserted Island out at sea. It is a somewhat large Island, four by four Wailords in area, with minimal shrubbery. One lone tree is in the centre.
GIMMICK: This is a 3 vs 1 battle, with three trainers against one. HOWEVER, the first three trainers do not know who the first one is. Their goal is to destroy his/her dream to 'be the very best, like no one on this Island ever was'.
In the first round, the ref will randomly pick and contact the fourth to tell them who they are, while the other three will get nothing.

mah profile!

So interesting... COMING TO WIN IT DAMMIT! C'MON I CHOOSE YOU Baseskor! What? You thought I would tell you who I was choosing? You're silly.

Gimmick Battle

mah profile!

So interesting... COMING TO WIN IT DAMMIT! C'MON I CHOOSE YOU Baseskor! What? You thought I would tell you who I was choosing? You're silly.

I want in.

Bring it on, boys!

Gimmick Battle

mah profile!

I want in.

Bring it on, boys!

*smiiiiirk*

Ok. I'm in. This shall be fun~

*tosses profile at*

In that case...

4vs4 double
Style: Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, destructive moves, 5 chills/Pokemon
Arena: Port Town Square

This quaint town by the sea has an old Italian feel. In the center of its residential area is a beautiful square of medium-large size, complete with a round fountain in its center. The square is enclosed by buildings of about three stories, mostly inns and apartments. There are streetlamps extending from the walls into the square and many windows with flowerboxes where birds like to perch. Residents will sometimes stop as they pass their window to watch the battle below, as light battles in he square are commonplace.

Other: Moves which involve direct contact with the ground (Dig, Ingrain, etc.) cost 5% more energy to use, due to the ground being beneath the paved and tiled square.
"Destructive moves" are restricted due to the public area, so as not to damage surrounding buildings too badly. Here, moves with the base power of 100 or higher are considered destructive.
Battle is restricted to the square- no running into the streets or the ocean!
Due to the limited size of the square, your two Pokemon cannot reach a combined height of over 30'.

In that case...

4vs4 double

This quaint town by the sea has an old Italian feel. In the center of its residential area is a beautiful square of medium-large size, complete with a round fountain in its center. The square is enclosed by buildings of about three stories, mostly inns and apartments. There are streetlamps extending from the walls into the square and many windows with flowerboxes where birds like to perch. Residents will sometimes stop as they pass their window to watch the battle below, as light battles in he square are commonplace.

Other: Moves which involve direct contact with the ground (Dig, Ingrain, etc.) cost 5% more energy to use, due to the ground being beneath the paved and tiled square.
"Destructive moves" are restricted due to the public area, so as not to damage surrounding buildings too badly. Here, moves with the base power of 100 or higher are considered destructive.
Due to the limited size of the square, your two Pokemon cannot reach a combined height of over 30'.

I'll get you for not having an Aggron or Metagross avatar! O\_/O

Why is Lars vs. Psymon still up there?

Anyway, battle with Pat a gogo.

2v2 single
Set
DQ: five days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: ohkos, direct healing (includes rest)
Arena: Awesomeface Field.

This is a humongous field with the awesome face on it. (This is awesomeface, if you've never seen him.) It's about 200 ft in diameter, and there's not much to say otherwise. A pool can be added if necessary in the mouth area.

The awesomeface has a 10% chance of firing lasers from its eyes. They do 5% typeless damage to all combatants.

http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=338064&postcount=150

Anyway, battle with Pat a gogo.

2v2 single
Set
DQ: five days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: ohkos, direct healing (includes rest)
Arena: Awesomeface Field.

This is a humongous field with the awesome face on it. (This is awesomeface, if you've never seen him.) It's about 200 ft in diameter, and there's not much to say otherwise. A pool can be added if necessary in the mouth area.

The awesomeface has a 10% chance of firing lasers from its eyes. They do 5% typeless damage to all combatants.

http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=338064&postcount=150

Confirming battle with profile

Blackthorne Steele

You are already maxed on challenges, so you cannot accept that one.

Kammington

It hasn't expired yet. Unless you're referring to the fact that Psymon canceled or someone took the match already, in which case I hadn't noticed that.

Blackthorne Steele

You are already maxed on challenges, so you cannot accept that one.

M'kay. Though I had three challenges before and it didn't show I was barred.

EDIT: Eh, I'll actually just drop my battle with Amaraia410, in that case, so I can take Alraunne's challenge.

Last edited:
In that case...

4vs4 double

This challenge is listed as open, so I'll give it a try.

Meh profile

I wish I could battle both of you! ; ; [/torn]

I know, how's about I come up with a personal challenge for Shadow Serenity >:3 my challenge quota isn't full just yet (or you could challenge me if you're interested, at this particular moment I don't have any arena ideas in mind :v)

1v1 Single
DQ: 7 days.
Banned Moves: OHKO, Rest, Attract, 1 instant recovery/pokemon, 5 chills/pokemon
Arena: Final Destination (based off SSBB)

Fox Only
No items
3 Stock
Final Destination is the very definition of a classic battle arena. The arena is naught but a large square (35m x 35m) floating in an endless expanse of odd scenery. The use of Dig is not recommended, as you will burrow through the arena and fall. Falling means you take 5% Typeless damage and waste one action attempting to return to the arena (Pokemon that are Inherently Flying/Hovering are immune to this. Likewise, Pokemon that are Consentually Flying/Hovering may ignore the damage, but will still use up one action to return to the platform.). Also, when one Pokemon has at least 30% Health OR Energy more than the opponent, an invisible crowd will chant that Pokemon's name, and as a consequence, the Pokemon will gain a +1 to all stats as motivation. If one pokemon has 30% more Health but 30% less energy than the opponent, nothing happens. This boost does NOT count towards the limit of 6 boosts per stat. Therefore, it is possible to have +7 in all stats in this arena.

Other: If a Pokemon falls off at 8% or less health, the Pokemon is automatically unable to return to the arena and is considered KO'ed.

3..2...1...GO

1v1 Single
DQ: 7 days.
Banned Moves: OHKO, Rest, Attract, 1 instant recovery/pokemon, 5 chills/pokemon
Arena: Final Destination (based off SSBB)

Fox Only
No items
3 Stock
Final Destination is the very definition of a classic battle arena. The arena is naught but a large square (35m x 35m) floating in an endless expanse of odd scenery. The use of Dig is not recommended, as you will burrow through the arena and fall. Falling means you take 5% Typeless damage and waste one action attempting to return to the arena (Pokemon that are Inherently Flying/Hovering are immune to this. Likewise, Pokemon that are Consentually Flying/Hovering may ignore the damage, but will still use up one action to return to the platform.). Also, when one Pokemon has at least 30% Health OR Energy more than the opponent, an invisible crowd will chant that Pokemon's name, and as a consequence, the Pokemon will gain a +1 to all stats as motivation. If one pokemon has 30% more Health but 30% less energy than the opponent, nothing happens. This boost does NOT count towards the limit of 6 boosts per stat. Therefore, it is possible to have +7 in all stats in this arena.

Other: If a Pokemon falls off at 8% or less health, the Pokemon is automatically unable to return to the arena and is considered KO'ed.

3..2...1...GO

SSBB themed stage! :D Profile

I just dropped a challenge so I could take that one, sorry.

I usually just look at the last page of the challenge board, that way I can be positive of the info.

Ah, alright. That's a good idea.

I wish I could battle both of you! ; ; [/torn]

I know, how's about I come up with a personal challenge for Shadow Serenity >:3 my challenge quota isn't full just yet (or you could challenge me if you're interested, at this particular moment I don't have any arena ideas in mind :v)

That sounds good. I don't have any particular arena in mind either, so I'll let you create/find one you think is interesting, and you can let me know when the challenge is posted. :D

I apologize for double posting, but after checking the last two pages, I'm going to try this battle below since I didn't see anyone claim it and I wasn't sure if editing my last post was a good idea... please don't kill me. ;_;

Format: 1 vs. 1 vs. 1
Dmg. Cap: 50%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing Moves, Any moves that aren't really possible (dig, Surf, etc.)Chills 3/Pokemon
Arena Name: Pool table
Arena Description: The combatants duke it out on a standard green felt pool table. However, the pool table is absolutely gargantuan, with the average ball being the size of a Nidoking.At the beginning of each round the random floating cue will hit a shot, which has a twenty percent chance of hitting a Pokemon. The Pokemon will take 4% damage from being hit. A Pokemon may hide in a pocket for protection, but there is a ten percent chance a ball will fall in the pocket, making them take 8% damage. A Pokemon may not climb off of the table.
Additional Rules: No Water Pokemon that can't survive outside of water

P-R-O-Uh...-F!-Y?-L

:D

Profile, take two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom