• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

Would it be possible to use Psychic and Hypnosis together, in order to force to opponent to stare into your hypnotising eyes?

No, because I imagine it would be hard to put out telekinetic waves and hypnotizing waves at the same time.

The A&A Guide made me wonder, since it isn't very clear... I assume Pokemon are still locked into Outrage for a few turns if they use it, right? Or can it be used on only one action and then a different move next action, like any other attack? Cause to me, the guide makes it sound like the latter...

Exeggcute and magneton, yes, although they're limited in how far they can go. Magneton's magnet units are held together by pretty strong magnetism, so it probably can't split up by more than a meter or so in any direction. Exeggute might be able to go a little farther, but not split up all the way across an area the size of a football field, say.

However, individual units can't attack individually (e.g. magnet one can't use metal sound while magnet two uses thunder wave); they may work together to produce attacks as they usually would, although their ability to do so may be reduced by distance.

Prizes

If a match ends in DQ before a single refffing has been completed, no participant receives anything. If a player loses by disqualification, he or she receives no prize and is barred from making or accepting new challenges for a period of two months.

There's nothing here in regards to how prizes are handled for the winner/referee if a battle is DQ'd. I've never had to do this before, so... the situation is that one round was done when I picked it up, and I added round 2, but the DQ date is passed now for one of the participants. So... I assume the pokemon involved still get their one EXP each for being sent out, but does the winner and referee get any money for that and am I correct about the EXP?

(Granted, I picked the battle up as an E-ref, so I doubt I should get anything at all, but for future reference...)

Prizes for the winner and ref are the same as they would be for a completed battle that had progressed to that point, and the loser's pokémon still get the 1 exp for being sent out as well.

Okay.... so how are the prizes handled when one person forfeits a match without their last pokemon being KO'd? Does that pokemon still count as a KO for EXP and money purposes?

How are prizes and EXP handed out in a 2vs2 match if Person A sends out and knocks out Person B's pokemon, then Person B sends out a Pokemon and coomands, but then Leaves ASB forever?

Are prizes normal? does Person B's last Pokemon count as knocked out?

If a person vanishes, forfeits, or otherwise drops a battle before it's done, cash prizes are given out to the person remaining who's the winner, but for EXP purposes their final pokemon doesn't count as knocked out unless it actually was.

Does a Pokémon count as sent out (for experience and prize purposes) when it is sent out but the match ends before a reffing wherein the sent out Pokémon appers is written?

I get why Flying or hovering Pokémon can dodge things like Earthquake, Magnitude or Earth Power, but why things like Mud-Slap?
and why is Ancientpower so different from its Animé counterpart, wherein it comes out of the Pokémon's body?

@ Squorn: Now I can't speak for Negrek but I CAN assume what she'll say.

Now how exactly does oh say, Palkia launch like 50 Rocks from a space inside its body where it stores it? And even more confusing, a small Pokémon like Diglett?
We make it so the moves ((usually)) follow logic and make sense.

If everything we did here followed the Anime Pikachu would OHKO a Golem with Thunder because in the Anime, it never misses, and Volt Tackle does no recoil and OHKO's pretty much everything, making Pikachu overpowered.

As for Mud Slap, Why does it miss in the games? Why does Mud Bomb, just throing mud in the air, miss? Flying types are immune as you know to ground.

See, in ASB, we take certain aspects from the games, such as the monsters, moves, and formulas, and stuff from the anime, the no move limit, and add aspects of our own to make this game.

And also, it's Pokémon. It's not supposed to follow logic.

Last edited:
We make it so the moves ((usually)) follow logic and make sense.

(...)

And also, it's Pokémon. It's not supposed to follow logic.
Glaring contradiction duly noted.

I think it's simpler to say that, if we adhered to every rule on battling pinned down by the anime, thunder armours and bypassing elemental immunity by hitting weak spots would be among the shenanigans that would be turned possible.

We laugh at the laws of physics and the sort, but only as long as it's convenient. Having multiple battles at a time is convenient; forcing the referee to explain how the hell you use Surf without a body of water handy isn't.

Back
Top Bottom