• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sexuality

Sexuality?

• I am heterosexual.

Votes: 99 44.8%
  • I am homosexual.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • I am bisexual.

Votes: 42 19.0%
  • I am pansexual.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I am asexual.

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 33 14.9%

• Total voters
That's a very interesting question. I'd never thought of that. Hmm, possibly... Although to be honest (and blunt) vaginas and such kind of, well, repulse me a little, so it would make things a little difficult. Ah, I don't know.

This. :P

I myself could definately see myself in a romantic relationship with a girl, but unlike all other guys I know I won't drool over women. To date I've been in one relationship, and it was with a girl who's still my 2nd best friend. Everyone thinks I'm single because I'm too much of a nerd to get a girlfriend, but only my 2nd best friend (ex-irlfriend) and two other female friends know that's it's because I have a huge crush on my best friend. Who is entirely oblivious to the fact I'm not even straight, and is most likely straight himself (though he has said he has a ton of gay/bi friends who are "awesome," and I'm just scared to say anything).
But an emotional relationship is the farthest I could even think of going with a girl of any sort. :/
And yes, I know how old I am, and yeah 14 is a little young to think of this stuff. You do not want to see inside my head. =P

On the kinsey scale I'm like between 3 and 4, I only have a slight preference for men

I would have sex with any gender, but doing it with a female-bodied person kinda intimidates me a bit because I lack
things
yeah
I know there's other stuff I could do but y'know

Oh uh kinsey scale

I DUNNO I'm like kinda all over it lately. Like SOME DAYS I'll be all like 'ew vags' and then other days it's all like LESBIAN MODE and ffff I don't even know anymore.

If someone could change my vote to "I don't know" ifpossible, it'd be lovely, thank you.

And yes, I know how old I am, and yeah 14 is a little young to think of this stuff. You do not want to see inside my head. =P

Oh, no, it's fine! I knew I was at 14, as well.

...Oh wait what, I'm 16? Where did those two years go ;_;

Oh uh kinsey scale

I DUNNO I'm like kinda all over it lately. Like SOME DAYS I'll be all like 'ew vags' and then other days it's all like LESBIAN MODE and ffff I don't even know anymore.

If someone could change my vote to "I don't know" ifpossible, it'd be lovely, thank you.
Done. Assuming you voted hetero based on your last post.

I knew what I was (and came out) at 12 ehehe

NEVER EVER COME OUT WHEN YOU'RE THAT YOUNG
WORST THING YOU WILL EVER DO

This is pretty much me. @_@ Maybe a 3.5 or pushing to a 4 on the Kinsey for me? I don't even know/care anymore these days.

^ what happened?
Dad used to be a case manager. One of his coworkers was working with a young kid, around 13. The kid tells the guy, "I think I'm gay. I don't know who to talk to; my parents will kick me out and my friends won't understand" The guy asks the kid, "Shouldn't you wait until you're older to decide something like that? You're so young"

Even in an environment where the person you're coming out to can't really hurt you or threaten you, there's a good chance the person you're coming out to will say something really dumb and demeaning

What happened with you, though? :o

(Me? Kinsey scale. like ~2.)

Last edited:
As far as I could tell, yeah. "Yes, I'm asexual, if you chop off my arm it will make a copy of myself. I'm working on repopulating the world with mini-mes."

Or, "stop confusing us with microbes or simple invertebrates, or the indestructible asexual army will rise up and demand acceptance D<"

^ what happened?
>verbal abuse for four years
>people kept trying to beat me up
>I did get hit a fair bit though
>PE = worst fucking thing ever. Shit in there bordered on sexual harassment and /I/ was meant to be the not-straight one
>adults kept telling me it was a phase
>one time, one of the teachers-with-more-power TOOK ME OUT OF A LESSON to tell me it was a phase and that I don't know what I'm on about
>nobody did FUCK ALL to help me
>~*worst years of my life*~

If I'd not said anything for... a few years, I don't think I would have died inside so much.
But a few years on it turned into that shitty trend so.

I'm something... very low on the Kinsey scale. :/ I find some women very aesthetically beautiful (though those are never the ones commonly regarded as 'sexy'), to the point where I can spend a while just looking at them, and there are a lot of women, real and fictional, that I intensely respect and admire in a way that is maybe sort of crush-like. But with men there's just something altogether different going on. I want to touch men; I don't want to touch women. I pay some sort of attention to men's bodies; I don't for women. I get giddy over blatant fanservice featuring hot men; I just variously laugh or roll my eyes or get annoyed at fanservice involving women, even those I find extremely pretty.

I'm inclined to call what I feel towards men romantic/sexual attraction and what I feel towards women not, but really, I don't know how people generally define these things; maybe I'm actually biromantic in some sense. All I know is that there is a very pronounced and consistent distinction between the sexes for me.

I've never told anyone this before, but I am a homosexual. I've known for a couple years, but looking back, I had a lot of homosexual tendencies. I'm glad I can say this without being yelled at or being disowned or something.

(around here, you're more likely to be yelled at or debated with for being heterosexual.)
fuckin breeders get them off my internets

no, people only get yelled at for being homophobic or something, not for being heterosexual jeez :|

more likely. and there is occasionally a tendency for people who claim heterosexuality to be questioned fiercely about their beliefs. hrml.

more likely. and there is occasionally a tendency for people who claim heterosexuality to be questioned fiercely about their beliefs. hrml.

...eh?

Where the hell did you get this idea?

Most of the odd Christians who attempt to argue horribly conservative ideas here get shot down pretty fast and they tend to obviously be heterosexual, if that's what you mean about beliefs. But I find it kind of offensive you're insinuating that that's because of their sexuality of all things. :/

Also, the poll? Nearly half of the forum are straight?

Last edited:
no, I believe res means the people that are like "now, I'm not gay, but" and "I'm 100% straight" and then, typically, most people jump on them for it. that does happen.

Back
Top Bottom