• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Warriors Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, its been a few days, so I think I'll try to start a discussion of some sort.
When I was reading...book 3 of the new prophecy? maybe book 4
the one where Mudclaw attempts a hostile takeover.
I read the last page first for some reason, and I misread a few lines and thought that Brambleclaw had fallen for Leafpool and was arguing about it with Squirrelflight. Way off on that one, eh? Also, when I got back from a trip and went to the local bookstore, I had an embarassingly audible squeaky fanboy moment when I saw Bluestar's prophecy for the first time. I attracted a lot of strange looks, especially when I dived for the bottom shelf it was on, grabbed a copy, and essentially curled up in the fetal position out of pure contentment and started reading.
Anyway, do you have any funny misunderstandings/freakouts/happenings that involve reading warriors? Or, Have you ever tried to talk to the book before? (like yelling advice or hissing a bad guys in a movie theater.)

When I first read the first series, and for a while after that, I had a crush on Tornear of WindClan for no apparent reason O.o
I still find it unfair that he apparently has no kits >=(

I often yell at Brambleclaw, mostly within TNP when he's in denial and such =x
I yelled at Berrynose quite a bit, as well. And Cloudtail, I think.

Reading Warriors so much has me putting myself into the book, imagining I'm living among them and such. So when not reading Warriors, i sometimes imagine myself as a cat. I leap onto my bed, I hiss at people that piss me off...my mouth actually waters when I see a mouse O.o

Is it just me or is Cloudtail getting old?

HE is always in his den now and whenever there's noise he pokes his head out and either yells at someone for disturbing him, or thinks the clan is under attack and is all "OMFGATTACK!"

Cloudtail is getting old, but I think his personality has more to do with it. Sandstorm hasn't joined the elders yet, so he's not that old, he's just naturally cranky.

he naturally prickly, loud, and short-tempered. that's essentially cranky for youngsters, right? Also, he's naturally a little bit lazy, (his running joke about getting a good night's sleep 'cause of vigil.) so he's probably just digruntled and groggy when people wake him up.

IT HAS BEEN A WHILE SINCE ANYONE HAS POSTED HERE.

... and I have info. First! A cover for Crookedstar's Promise, which is due for release on July 5, 2011:
97800619809780cover.jpg

Second! A cover for the first book in the SkyClan manga trilogy, SkyClan & the Stranger, which is due for release the same day as CP:
97800620083670cover.jpg

Third! Night Whispers browse-inside (remember to keep your spoilers in spoiler tags).

FIND SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT AND REVIVE THIS DEAD CLUB DAMMIT

I just looked up at the half-moon, and my first thought was, "It's time to head for the moonstone." XD
Anyway, discussion topics, discussion topics... Hawkfrost and Brambleclaw? No, Hawkfrost, Mothwing and BrambleClaw. How do you guys think that all three of them came out so differently? I have a personal opinion, but I'd rather see yours first.

General... personality differences? x3 I mean, look at Firestar and Scourge (and, for that matter, Princess); they all turned out differently as well~!

Hawkfrost and Brambleclaw were remarkably similar, though, and Tawnypelt bears resemblance to both. Mothwing's a bit different... I suspect that she got more of her personality from Sasha.

I admit that they were similar, but Brambleclaw never made life difficult for other possible ThunderClan deputies, or openly attacked a gathering. And quite honestly, Of course Firestar and Scourge came out different. One of them grew up surviving by his own claws, holding cats loyal to him by fear. The other was pampered with special attention since he was 6 months old. Who knows what being the cat of propchecy does to your head?
Anyways, The interesting thing about the differences between Brambleclaw and Hawkfrost (or stormfur, that could be fun.) is that they were both raised in clans, knowing that Tigerstar was their father from an early age. I don't believe a word Hawkfrost says, so I believe that they both had to live with their own clan holding them gingerly at arm's length. They were both taught to be fiercely loyal to their clan, and yet only one of them was willing to attack a gathering. Other than the obvious difference of Squirrelflight, there's basically one other thing that differentiates them: role models. Firestar vs. Whoever Hawkfrost's mentor was, but since we never heard of him, this is practically a continuation of Firestar vs. Tigerstar. You just happen to have Tigerstar's kin as their protegee.
And then, of course, you have Mothwing, and I think we can chalk up her differences to having Mudfur as an adopted father.
So, anyone else?

EDIT: what's with the big chunk of empty space after my post? my signature definitely has 0 characters...

With the search feature, I managed to get the rest of Chapter 7. I wish they would have either not put the chapter in at all or finish it. Stupid HarperCollins. >>

derp

I'll be getting the four books I'm currently missing, and Night Whispers (it will be out by then) for my birthday. I got my uncle to promise to buy them for me <3

I'm so late with BotC =,(

You're right, I do want it. Just not bad enough to rob a bookstore.
I was going to obsess about "spoilers," but it gave me a fun question for someone with time on their hands:
How many Warriors books (main series and super editions are what i'll count, but someone else could count the mangas and sidebooks.) are there in which no cats die?

You're right, I do want it. Just not bad enough to rob a bookstore.
I was going to obsess about "spoilers," but it gave me a fun question for someone with time on their hands:
How many Warriors books (main series and super editions are what i'll count, but someone else could count the mangas and sidebooks.) are there in which no cats die?
The only ones I can think of are Midnight, The Sight, and Dark River.

Oh my goodness how did I not notice this existed joining please

I haven't actually read most of the series for ages because they've been on my list of books that I need to read/reread but I've never had time D: Ahhh I want Night Whispers but I need to catch up on the others first because it's been too long...

Hm. I don't think anyone dies in Midnight. I don't think there were any deaths in The Sight, either. Or Dark River, unless Fallen Leaves counts... I don't remember what happens in anything after that, except that someone does die in Long Shadows.

EDIT: Ninja'd. AHA I was right :D

Midnight, The Sight, Dark River, Outcast (unless you count Jag, but it's not stated /when/ he died) and Eclipse are the only main-series/special edition books.

I'm not sure whether to count the field guides since they have no overarching plots, but... I think three of the four, barring Cats of the Clans, involve deaths in some of their short stories. Maybe not Battles of the Clans but it's been a while since I've read that one.

Manga... There's no death anywhere in Graystripe's or Ravenpaw's trilogy, nor the first two books of Tigerstar and Sasha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom