• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Personality Types!

Haha, I didn't realize that I'm musical until the question about whether I have a song constantly stuck in my head.

And then I realized that I always (quite literally always) have a song stuck in my head, despite the fact that the number of songs I know is pretty darn small and consists of anime openings (including pokemon theme songs), about five Japanese songs that are not anime-related, and classical music.

Now I can't stop thinking about the fact that I have a song stuck in my head.

[QUOTE="Teh Ebil Snorlax]Admittedly, though, music does get a bonus due to the fact that I can "see" it, to a certain extent, as lines in my head. [/QUOTE]

...That is pretty awesome. How does that work?

I don't know about him, but personally I sometimes picture music as something akin to an electrocardiogram (or several), a visual representation of changes in pitch. It's more or less consciously controlled though.

Kinda like what MD said but different. Imagine a black line going across the bottom of a white page, constantly being drawn by an invisible pencil. Every time the note goes higher, the line goes up diagonally a bit and then continues on straight from there. Every time the note goes lower, the line goes down diagonally a bit and then continues on straight from there. Arpeggios and other bits that have a sort of "diddlydiddlydiddly" quality make the line do a loop-dee-loop.

Keyboard solos. Sax solos (although saxophones can suck it, hard). BASS SOLOS. Violin solos.

Wait since when am I an introvert

Is this called "character development"?

I used to get Extrovert on all these test things a few years ago. I have no idea what happened since then. I mean, I still don't fit the of the biggest introvert stereotypes -- I have a crapload of friends at school but not one "close friend", I love big crowds, I make friends pretty fast, and I am very socially inclined...

I usually don't like volunteering personal details to strangers, but who would do that anyway ;;

(But then there was the time I had the greatest chat with two strangers, on an airplane ride. That was awesome.)

Although it's true that I enjoy being by myself, I also enjoy hanging out with my large group of friends, but only that large group of friends. So maybe I'm just introverted to everyone else? I CONFUSE

Introverted and Extroverted doesn't necessarily have to do with how much you like to hang out with people. To quote the thread I linked earlier:

Extraversion (E): Drawn to and engages in the external world of people and things. Looks to extend past the self to do and act. Mentally energizes by looking outward, drains by looking inward. The internal world is supplementary.

Introversion (I): Drawn to an engages in the internal world of thoughts and ideas. Looks inside self to understand. Mentally energizes by looking inward, drains by looking outward. The external world is supplementary.

For example, even though I'm an introvert, and spend a lot of time thinking about why and how people think and feel the way they do (especially myself), I practically need to see my friends (or at least some different faces other than my five immediate family members) at least once a week or else I go a little crazy with loneliness.

Seems about right. :D

They spelled extroverted incorrectly. That really bothers me.

Edit: never mind. XD My mistake.

Last edited:

100% introverted! Ahaha. Idk about ISTP, I've yet to find one of these Myer-Briggs things that actually fits me. Ah, well.

Given that for some reason I'm incredibly paranoid for signing up anywhere, I've taken a few dumbed-down free Myers-Briggs tests. I've been a definite INTJ since I first started taking the test, but I've been starting to lean slightly in different directions lately - not enough to matter, though.

No idea what my affinities are, but just based on the lists I'm seeing I'd assume my best three are Intrapersonal, Logical, and maybe Mathematical. I have no idea about these, though, and those are just guesses - I can't very well tell without seeing the full list. XD

Did all you guys make an account? I used the other site and im INTJ.

It seems very clear to me that a large number of pokelovers are are interverted and Inturitive

I don't want to make generalisations, but I think it's more likely that introverted people are more likely to go on forums, rather than there being a Pokemon connection. But I could be wrong!

I don't want to make generalisations, but I think it's more likely that introverted people are more likely to go on forums, rather than there being a Pokemon connection. But I could be wrong!

I'm inclined to agree.

I used to be an INTP, but lately I've been getting INTJ results. YMMV.

EDIT: This is what I was two years ago (maybe longer, idk):

Here is what I am now:

I am apparently still INTP! with exactly the same results as before!! Same for the other dude. That's weird.

Last edited:
224308.png

INFP. Generally what I get every time I do one of these.

Goddamn I think we've had an MBTI/personalitytype thread like three times now.

Not that I mind; I started one of them, after all.

Anyway, INFP, Healer, Enneagram 4, Inventor, etc.

EDIT: btw, you all should do this one too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom