• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Re: Pokémon Registration Office

A'right; removing Brit's attribute and added in that the effects fade when she picks up her pants.

[Brittany] scraggy (f) Shed Skin
Signature Move: The Coats Pants Are Off

Everyone knows that wearing a longcoat is one of the surest ways to show that you’re a Badass, because nothing says “don’t fuck with me” more than having a long dark coat billowing out behind you as you walk. Well, if that's awesome, surely pants must be moreso. Because everyone wears pants.

Well, sometimes things get too serious for pants. Sometimes you need a way to show just how serious things are - and in those moments, taking off your pants is the only thing that works.

At the end of the attack, Brittany collects her pants.

Normal / Stat: Self / Target: self / 7% / 3-5 actions (randomized)
Losing the defense of her pants means effectively lowering her def and sp. def by -1; however, she gains +1 to her speed, atk. and sp. atk due to the sudden badass levels increasing. These effects fade when she picks her pants back up.
Every 6 rounds from end of all effects

[Holly] cottonee (f) Prankster
Signature Attribute: Tough Love

Holly grew up in a very large family; she had to fight just to get the briefest glimpse of sunlight, and often-times her siblings would even scatter around leaving her out in the open to predators. She quickly learned how to take the offensive, rather than the natural cottonee way of tricking the opponent that came so naturally to her siblings. As time went on, she became more and more brutal, using both her species pranks and her own brand of physical strength; she was not a gentle pokemon.

Effects: Holly loses some less physical attacks in exchange for more offensive ones.

Loses: Round, Natural Gift, Helping Hand, Attract, and Charm
Gains: Snarl, Vacuum Wave, Shadow Sneak, Fake Out

Last edited:

I have a question: what do we do with any gift vouchers we recieved before the changeover? Also, what about gift vouchers we bought for other people?

I apologize if this has been asked and answered elsewhere and I've missed it. I've been a little slow familiarizing myself with all the new stuff.

Um...I think we still evolve things here yes?

Anyways, I saw that my Mudkip could evolve so...

[Takumi] Mudkip (m)
Torrent
Exp: 2/2

l
l
l
v

[Takumi] Marshtomp (m)
Torrent
Exp: 2

There should be an "evolve this" button for it on the Manage Your Team screen of the ASB CP. You click that.

I don't have that button...

Your Pokemon's EXP should be listed under the "Manage Your Pokemon" page. If it has enough to evolve, the button should be either there or on the Pokemon's page itself (click its name). If it doesn't have the proper amount listed: did it get the EXP in the last week or so? If so, Negrek may not have had time to add it yet.

Your Pokemon's EXP should be listed under the "Manage Your Pokemon" page. If it has enough to evolve, the button should be either there or on the Pokemon's page itself (click its name). If it doesn't have the proper amount listed: did it get the EXP in the last week or so? If so, Negrek may not have had time to add it yet.

All I know is that when I looked at him, it said he had 2/2 EXP. There is no button that you speak of.

all I see is this

Evolving my Houndour with a rare candy.

[Yami] Houndour <Flash fire>

to

[Yami] Houndoom <Flash fire>

Let's try a signature attribute. Hopefully it isn't terrible...

[Visionary] monozu (M)
Ability: Hustle
Signature Attribute: Psychic Heritage

Visionary is a slightly different dragon. Despite the mixed lineage of nearly all pokemon that gives them all sorts of moves, Visionary's trainer was sure it could learn some better ones. I mean, all it knew that was psychic type was rest! So then when Mai decided the team needed a deino, it definitely needed to be bred with psychic types to add some zing to its movepool.

Obviously, that was very stupid (oh my God it's a dark type why would it learn psychic moves)[/i] but egg after egg his trainer persisted (or rather yelled at the breeder to keep trying and breed some more eggs) to add more and more psychic type lineage and hopefully skill. Xatu, gardevoir, and alakazam were just the beginning, and eventually even starmie were somehow included in this mating silliness. After at least twelve times with no real success, it was decided that the psychic types the mother bred with needed to have a purely psychic lineage as well.

Yet it seemed that none of these dinosaurs were learning anything from their fathers. With every new egg that was made and hatched, all that seemed to change was the rapidly increasing bill of the daycare. Mai was just about ready to quit with this complicated 'breeding' business.

However, on the very last egg she was going to let herself afford, there was definitely some progress. The new baby seemed to hear things others couldn't and at times display some mild psychic powers. He also had quite some insight! Sometimes he came up with brilliant plans out of nowhere and thought of awesome ideas even his trainer hadn't considered.

When asked by his trainer how he came up with these ideas (translated by a psychic type, of course) he responded that 'He didn't, Bob did'.

There was no Bob on his team.

Eventually Mai and the breeder decided that no, Visionary was not crazy! It was determined that this 'Bob' was one of his future selves, when he became a hydreigon. It seemed that his psychic powers were much better than previously thought!

Sometimes there were downsides, though. At times he not only disregarded orders, but completely stupidly! His 'defensive' moves opened up positions that his opponents were eager to strike, and sometimes he spent entire actions mumbling, "Huh, what did you say Bob? I couldn't hear you!" to his 'future self'. Also, concentrating completely on the psychic type when it clearly wasn't compatible with him left him negleting the other types, and moves learned through breeding were much harder to recall and use.

Maybe they should have hatched one more egg.

Effects: Every round Bob has a 75% chance to give advice to Visionary through telepathy. This advice has an equal chance of being either good advice that is heard clearly or bad advice/ something Visionary didn't hear clearly, as he is a dark type with immunity to most psychic energy.

Each piece of advice also is either defensive or offensive, which will also have a 50% chance of being chosen. If a piece of advice is good offensive advice, then both of his offensive stats (attack and special attack) with gain a +1 boost for that round. If the advice Bob gives is bad offensive advice, then his stats will have a -1 reduction. The same goes for defensive advice.

On rounds where advice is good, than Visionary will have the ability analytic (with the observations being made by Bob and given to him with his advice). On rounds where advice is bad, Visionary will still have the ability Hustle and have a 35% chance of spending the first action of the round pondering what Bob was saying.

Visionary also gains the moves future sight and confusion. All egg moves that are types other than psychic cost 2% more energy to use.

Using two exp. from Kid via exp. share and one from this ooooold battle, evolving a Sentret.

[Lexington] Sentret F (Keen Eye)

+ 3 exp.

Spr_4h_162.png

Lexington - F - Keen Eye

I died due to testing D: and remade my ASB account but I was wondering if I could still get this. But I wasn't sure after I saw this.

So it looks like you already added the experience from my battle with Dwagie to my pokémon. I suppose it's my fault for disappearing and not saying anything before you got to doing that, so oops! but I was going to exp share all eight of those points onto my aron. Would you mind moving 'em all to

[Force Majeure] Aron (M) <Rock Head>

?

Sig attribute for Mr. Turtle:

Sig attribute: Asthma
Mr. Turtle is an asthma patient, just like his Trainer. It happened when his owner was a baby, and his house was being remodeled. Both inhaled one to many wood shavings, and got afflicted by asthma. His allergy is usually activated by normal means, such as sand, pollen or wind carrying any of these things.

Effects: Mr. Turtle's asthma has a 30% chance of being activated each round when hit by one of the following moves, Abilities or situations: Sand Stream, Sandstorm, Sand-Attack, Sand Tomb, Dig (if hit by sand), being hit by sand, Sweet Scent, Petal Dance, any wind move that carries pollen and/or sand. Once Mr.Turtle's Asthma is activated, he will recieve a -3 in Special Defense and has a 45% chance of sneezing (flinching). This can only be cured if a healing move (Recover, Heal Bell, Refresh, etc.).

WAIT. Gonna change it. IT IS BETTER.

Mr. Turtle is an asthma patient, just like his Trainer. It happened when his owner was a baby, and his house was being remodeled. Both inhaled one to many wood shavings, and got afflicted by asthma. His allergy is usually activated by normal means, such as sand, pollen or wind carrying any of these things. However, having a lot of perseverance, he battles better.

Effects: Mr. Turtle's asthma has a 30% chance of being activated each round when hit by one of the following moves, Abilities or situations: Sand Stream, Sandstorm, Sand-Attack, Sand Tomb, Dig (if hit by sand), being hit by sand, Sweet Scent, Petal Dance, any wind move that carries pollen and/or sand. Once Mr.Turtle's Asthma is activated, he will recieve a -3 in Special Defense and has a 45% chance of sneezing (flinching). This can only be cured if a healing move (Recover, Heal Bell, Refresh, etc.). In addition, he gains a +3 Special Attack, and due to the mucus any move that he must spit (Water Gun, Bubble, etc) is considered Poison type.

[Holly] cottonee (f) Prankster
Signature Attribute: Tough Love

Holly grew up in a very large family; she had to fight just to get the briefest glimpse of sunlight, and often-times her siblings would even scatter around leaving her out in the open to predators. She quickly learned how to take the offensive, rather than the natural cottonee way of tricking the opponent that came so naturally to her siblings. As time went on, she became more and more brutal, using both her species pranks and her own brand of physical strength; she was not a gentle pokemon.

Effects: Holly loses some less physical attacks in exchange for more offensive ones.

Loses: Round, Natural Gift, Helping Hand, Attract, and Charm
Gains: Snarl, Vacuum Wave, Shadow Sneak, Fake Out

Approved.

First time try at one of these things, whoo. I hope these are okay. I'm such a pyromaniac today:

[Novale] Growlithe (M) <Intimidate>
Signature Attribute: Red Hot

Novale was born inside of a volcano and has tolerated harsh amounts of heat his entire life. But how was this volcano different than any other? Don't many Fire-types tolerate and live in volcanoes anyway? Well, in this particular volcano there was a special type of fertilizer that humans had their eyes on. As well, several sight-seekers would often visit, take pictures, and generally deface it. The Lord of the Volcano, Entei, had lived long to become extremely resentful of humans, and eventually became unable to control his temper in their presence. Everytime humans would approach the volcano, the Entei would use its immense legendary power to erupt the volcano and fill it with more heat than most Fire-types could tolerate. At first, Novale was overwhelmed by the fierce fiery heat. But after several years of ardent determination to get stronger and adapting to this fiery onslaught, his fur turned red hot and now constantly smokes and sizzles with intense heat even when he no longer lives in the volcano. It's so hot that even small amounts of water evaporate whenever they make contact with him. However, if a large body of water more than Novale's heat can tolerate strikes him, he'll fizzle and burn out and it'll hurt much more than it hurts a regular Fire-type.

Also due to the general increase of body heat over the years, he can also wield immensely hot and intense flames. But because he is not yet fully evolved, however, these flames sometimes become a bit too powerful for him to handle and take a lot out of him. He cannot yet fully control the fierce flames that burn within him.

In heavy rain, Novale is significantly weakened by the overwhelming amounts of water.

Effects: Novale gains a permanent 1.1x bonus to his Fire-type attacks on top of STAB and a super-effective hit. When calculated and if there is a decimal involved, it is rounded UP instead of down. For instance, 6% damage x 1.1 = 6.6 would do 7% damage. However, he uses 3% more energy on any Fire-type attack above 40 base power. Moves at and above 100 base power do not get the 1.1x boost. This also nullifies the super-effectiveness to neutral damage of Water-type attacks at or below 35 base power, receives 1.2x more damage from Water-type attacks above 35 base power on top of super-effectiveness and STAB, gets a -1 Defense/Special Defense the Rain, and Fire-type attacks do 1% less damage to him.

[Auralasia] Poochyena (F) <Quick Feet>
Signature Attribute: Inner Incension

Auralasia's trainer is a notorious lover of Fire-types, so much so that the insane woman tried everything to get her to become more like a Fire-type. First, in producing her egg, she bred several long lines of Mightyena with Growlithe, Vulpix, and pretty much any Fire-type she could get her hands on in the same egg group. Then, as an egg, the insane pyromani- I mean, trainer, did nothing but expose her egg to light flames from her other Pokémon. Due to all of this, when she hatched, Auralasia began to get a fondness for heat and fire and was immediately naturally more proficient with them. With much energy and heavy training, her trainer managed to bring out the natural heat that Poochyena generate to use attacks like Incinerate and Fire Fang to the point where she could function almost like a Fire-type, being able to use more powerful moves.

Due to the large amount of energy and time all of this took, however, Auralasia became permanently unable to learn several Dark-type attacks and lost her natural proficiency at them. She also became uncomfortable with Water and Ice-type attacks, taking more damage from the former. Auralasia prefers it this way, thinking of Dark as a nasty, mean type and Fire reminding her of the warmth of her egg.

Effects: Like a Fire-type, she gains a super-effective weakness to Water-type attacks. She loses her Dark-type STAB (both in damage and in energy), and gains a Fire-type STAB (both in damage and in energy). Lastly, she loses her resistance to attacks of her own type, and instead takes neutral damage from them.

She also loses the following moves: - Crunch, - Snatch, - Torment, - Taunt, - Ice Fang, - Rain Dance, - Payback

And gains: + Flamethrower, + Flame Wheel, + Ember, + Fire Spin

Both attributes approved.

Evolving my Houndour with a rare candy.

[Yami] Houndour <Flash fire>

to

[Yami] Houndoom <Flash fire>

Rare candies are items that are integrated into the hack now. If Negrek hasn't already added the item to your profile, just wait for her to do so, use it on Yami and evolve it with the button in your profile.

Let's try a signature attribute. Hopefully it isn't terrible...

[Visionary] monozu (M)
Ability: Hustle
Signature Attribute: Psychic Heritage

Visionary is a slightly different dragon. Despite the mixed lineage of nearly all pokemon that gives them all sorts of moves, Visionary's trainer was sure it could learn some better ones. I mean, all it knew that was psychic type was rest! So then when Mai decided the team needed a deino, it definitely needed to be bred with psychic types to add some zing to its movepool.

Obviously, that was very stupid (oh my God it's a dark type why would it learn psychic moves)[/i] but egg after egg his trainer persisted (or rather yelled at the breeder to keep trying and breed some more eggs) to add more and more psychic type lineage and hopefully skill. Xatu, gardevoir, and alakazam were just the beginning, and eventually even starmie were somehow included in this mating silliness. After at least twelve times with no real success, it was decided that the psychic types the mother bred with needed to have a purely psychic lineage as well.

Yet it seemed that none of these dinosaurs were learning anything from their fathers. With every new egg that was made and hatched, all that seemed to change was the rapidly increasing bill of the daycare. Mai was just about ready to quit with this complicated 'breeding' business.

However, on the very last egg she was going to let herself afford, there was definitely some progress. The new baby seemed to hear things others couldn't and at times display some mild psychic powers. He also had quite some insight! Sometimes he came up with brilliant plans out of nowhere and thought of awesome ideas even his trainer hadn't considered.

When asked by his trainer how he came up with these ideas (translated by a psychic type, of course) he responded that 'He didn't, Bob did'.

There was no Bob on his team.

Eventually Mai and the breeder decided that no, Visionary was not crazy! It was determined that this 'Bob' was one of his future selves, when he became a hydreigon. It seemed that his psychic powers were much better than previously thought!

Sometimes there were downsides, though. At times he not only disregarded orders, but completely stupidly! His 'defensive' moves opened up positions that his opponents were eager to strike, and sometimes he spent entire actions mumbling, "Huh, what did you say Bob? I couldn't hear you!" to his 'future self'. Also, concentrating completely on the psychic type when it clearly wasn't compatible with him left him negleting the other types, and moves learned through breeding were much harder to recall and use.

Maybe they should have hatched one more egg.

Effects: Every round Bob has a 75% chance to give advice to Visionary through telepathy. This advice has an equal chance of being either good advice that is heard clearly or bad advice/ something Visionary didn't hear clearly, as he is a dark type with immunity to most psychic energy.

Each piece of advice also is either defensive or offensive, which will also have a 50% chance of being chosen. If a piece of advice is good offensive advice, then both of his offensive stats (attack and special attack) with gain a +1 boost for that round. If the advice Bob gives is bad offensive advice, then his stats will have a -1 reduction. The same goes for defensive advice.

On rounds where advice is good, than Visionary will have the ability analytic (with the observations being made by Bob and given to him with his advice). On rounds where advice is bad, Visionary will still have the ability Hustle and have a 35% chance of spending the first action of the round pondering what Bob was saying.

Visionary also gains the moves future sight and confusion. All egg moves that are types other than psychic cost 2% more energy to use.

The story is confusing me a little bit; none of the pokémon you mentioned can possibly be a father or even a grandfather to a deino due to differences in egg group. It would require a hell of a lengthy breeding chain to get any psychic "lineage" in a deino; certainly nothing you mentioned could easily be chained to a deino at all. I guess that's relatively minor, but if the pokémon you're naming are supposed to be relevant to the attribute in some way then I'd suggest you look at psychic-types in the ground and monster groups, as those are the only ones you could reasonably chain with a dragon.

Might want to check that italic/underline formatting while you're at it.

The effects are mostly serviceable, but the description could use a bit more work so that it stays more in line with logic.

Sig attribute for Mr. Turtle:

Mr. Turtle is an asthma patient, just like his Trainer. It happened when his owner was a baby, and his house was being remodeled. Both inhaled one to many wood shavings, and got afflicted by asthma. His allergy is usually activated by normal means, such as sand, pollen or wind carrying any of these things.

Effects: Mr. Turtle's asthma has a 30% chance of being activated each round when hit by one of the following moves, Abilities or situations: Sand Stream, Sandstorm, Sand-Attack, Sand Tomb, Dig (if hit by sand), being hit by sand, Sweet Scent, Petal Dance, any wind move that carries pollen and/or sand. Once Mr.Turtle's Asthma is activated, he will recieve a -3 in Special Defense and has a 45% chance of sneezing (flinching). This can only be cured if a healing move (Recover, Heal Bell, Refresh, etc.).

What Wargle said (purely negative attributes have actually been approved before, as far as I know, but why?) + please follow the usual pokémon approval format when posting attributes. I have no idea what Mr. Turtle is without digging through your team and looking. You need nickname, species name, gender, ability, all of the usual stuff.

If you're really dead-set on this, though, what does "cured" mean? Does his status go back to normal and the flinch chance goes away? Is the attribute itself canceled out for the remainder of the battle? Is the -3 special defense part of the usual +/-6 stages (and so nothing would happen if he were already at -6 when this activates) or in addition to that (so triggering Asthma when he's at -6 would leave him with -9)?

This may be the first sig attribute that gets approved for me.

[Mr.Turtle] Squirtle (M) Torrent

Mr. Turtle is an asthma patient, just like his Trainer. It happened when his owner was a baby, and his house was being remodeled. Both inhaled one to many wood shavings, and got afflicted by asthma. His allergy is usually activated by normal means, such as sand, pollen or wind carrying any of these things. However, having a lot of perseverance, he battles better.

Effects: Mr. Turtle's asthma has a 30% chance of being activated each round when hit by one of the following moves, Abilities or situations: Sand Stream, Sandstorm, Sand-Attack, Sand Tomb, Dig (if hit by sand), being hit by sand, Sweet Scent, Petal Dance, any wind move that carries pollen and/or sand. Once Mr.Turtle's Asthma is activated, he will recieve a -3 in Special Defense that cannot pass the +6/-6 limit. and has a 45% chance of sneezing (flinching). This can only be removed if a healing move (Recover, Heal Bell, Refresh, etc.), and it and all of its effects are removed for the rest of the battle. In addition, he gains a +3 Special Attack that cannot pass the +6/-6 limit because of his perserverance, and due to the mucus any move that he must spit (Water Gun, Bubble, etc) is considered Poison type.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom