• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Business Approval Office

I have an idea for a business that sticks toasters to arms. Would this work?

updating shop prices as discussed~ also rewritten/tweaked a few things.

Fine Print:
- You can only purchase one (1) body modification per pokémon (with exception to gills). Mods bought here will override any body mod that's already in place for a pokémon. Similarly, these mods can be overwritten by body mods bought elsewhere or set up in the PRO.
- all modifications require a three-day waiting period, and pokémon need to be picked up before battle.
- modifications are carried over through evolution, but may need to be updated if your pokémon’s weight changes.

Small wings - $8
Effect: These small wings are designed for pokémon no heavier than 100lbs. When equipped, the pokémon using them is classed as Consensually Flying, making them expend 2% energy per action to use them. Pokémon with artificial wings are slower in-flight than naturally winged pokémon. The pokémon also receives 1% extra damage from ice-, rock- or electric-typed attacks, and will deal an extra 1% damage when using flying-type attacks.

Medium wings
- $11
Effect: These wings are designed for pokémon no heavier than 250lbs. When equipped, the pokémon using them is classed as Consensually Flying, making them expend 3% energy per action to use them. Pokémon with artificial wings are slower in-flight than naturally winged pokémon. The pokémon also receives 1% extra damage from ice-, rock- or electric-typed attacks, and will deal an extra 2% damage when using flying-type attacks.

Large wings - $14
Effect: These large wings are designed for any pokémon. When equipped, the pokémon using them is classed as Consensually Flying, making them expend 4% energy per action to use them. Pokémon with artificial wings are slower in-flight than naturally winged pokémon. The pokémon also receives 1% extra damage from ice-, rock- or electric-typed attacks, and will deal an extra 3% damage when using flying-type attacks.

Gills - $9
Effect: allows a pokémon to breathe underwater indefinitely without losing health or energy. They don't replace lungs, and instead allow a pokémon to be fully amphibious. Gills cannot be applied to pokémon who do not breathe (Magnemite, Unown, Beldum etc) or pokémon made out of a substance that could be eroded by water (Graveler, Slugma, etc.).

Webbed Feet - $5
Effect: gives a pokémon either webbed feet/paws or a mermaid-style tail to add extra speed and maneuverability while underwater, at the expense of slightly less speed and maneuverability on land. The pokémon also receives 1% extra damage from grass- or electric-type attacks.

Levitation Course
- $11
Effect: pokémon can choose to levitate at the expense of energy per action determined by their weight, effectively giving them the ability Levitate in addition to all other abilities until they choose to stop. Energy cost is calculated as follows:
100lbs or less - 2% per action
101lbs to 250lbs - 3% per action
251lbs to 440lbs – 4% per action
440lbs+ – 5% per action
Fighting- or Poison- type pokémon will expend an extra 2% energy to levitate; Psychic-type pokémon will expend 1% less energy.

I've nixed flame protectors, robotic wings and false limbs because they're kind of useless really; robotic pokemon might as well just get ordinary wings and flame protectors were sort of dumb anyway. false limbs are so exceptionally silly that I can't imagine anyone using them but I might bring them back if people want them? I dunno.

and things to add:

Through the use of our patented gene-therapy ™, your pokémon can go under the knife and gain a new ability to replace its old one. This is treated as a Signature Attribute, and can overwrite an old one or be overwritten by a new one. However, we unfortunately do have some obvious restrictions, so no cryogonals with flame body, okay?

Skin Therapy: Rough Skin – 10$
Effect: this pokémon has had its skin specially treated with enzymes that have left it harsh and painful to the touch. This pokémon gains the ability Rough Skin, replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Flame Body - 10$
Effect: by altering its skin cells, this pokémon gives off constant flames. This pokémon gains the ability Flame Body, replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Static – 10$
Effect: through electrical impulse therapy, this pokémon’s skin or fur is constantly flowing with electrical current. This pokémon gains the ability Static, replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Poison Point – 10$
Effect: through extensive surgery, this pokémon has small, poisonous spines embedded into its skin. This pokémon gains the ability Poison Point, replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Battle Armour -10$
Effect: with some skin conditioning and surgery, this pokémon’s weak spots are covered by a thick, tough hide. This pokémon gains the ability Battle Armour, replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Illuminate – 10$
Effect: by manipulating the skin cells of this pokémon, it now has a natural bioluminescence and glows in dark situations. This pokémon gains the ability Illuminate,
replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Effect Spore – 14$
Effect: through genetic manipulation of this pokémon’s sweat glands, it now produces noxious spores through its skin. This pokémon gains the ability Effect Spore, replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Regenerator – 14$
Effect: through rigorous manipulation of this pokémon’s genes, its skin cells now detect wounds rapidly, enabling a faster healing process. This pokémon gains the ability Regenerator, replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Overcoat – 14$
Effect: With multiple skin grafts and surgery, this pokémon is now able to sufficiently shield itself from weather effects using its skin. This pokémon gains the ability Overcoat, replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Damp – 14$
Effect: By altering this pokémon’s pores, it now constantly produces a thin, watery film protecting it from explosive attacks. This pokémon gains the ability Damp, replacing its old ability.

Last edited:
Gen 5 updates, lalala. Skipping anything sections that haven't changed, and summarizing everything I altered at the bottom for your convenience.

--

Well-traveled as they are, none of our residents (to our knowledge) have ever seen a legendary Pokémon and as such don't know anything about the special moves they might know. Moves that are exclusive to legendary Pokémon or otherwise exceptionally rare (Aeroblast, Blue Flare, Bolt Strike, Crush Grip, Dark Void, Doom Desire, Freeze Shock, Fusion Bolt, Fusion Flare, Glaciate, Heart Swap, Ice Burn, Judgment, Lunar Dance, Luster Purge, Magma Storm, Mist Ball, Psycho Boost, Psystrike, Relic Song, Roar of Time, Sacred Fire, Sacred Sword, Searing Shot, Secret Sword, Seed Flare, Shadow Force, Spacial Rend, Techno Buster, V-create) cannot be taught. None of them have mastered the ability to teach Sketch, Transform, Conversion or Conversion2, either.

Prices:

Directly damaging attacks (Scratch, Giga Impact, Fire Punch): To determine the price of your move, take its base power and divide it by ten (round down if it ends in 5 or lower and up if it ends in 6 or higher). So, for example, Earthquake would cost $10.
Special cases:
-Acrobatics is considered to have a base power of 110.
-Frost Breath and Storm Throw are considered to have a base power of 80.

Offensive moves with no fixed base power or variable total damage:
-Magnitude, Present, Psywave: $7
-Arm Thrust, Barrage, Comet Punch, Doubleslap, Fury Attack, Fury Swipes, Pin Missile, Twineedle: $4
-Triple Kick: $5
-Bone Rush, Bullet Seed, Double Hit, Double Kick, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast, Spike Cannon, Tail Slap: $6
-Dual Chop: $8
-Bonemerang: $10
-Electro Ball, Fling, Frustration, Grass Knot, Gyro Ball, Heat Crash, Heavy Slam, Low Kick, Night Shade, Natural Gift, Punishment, Return, Seismic Toss, Stored Power: $8
-Bide, Endeavor, Flail, Pain Split, Reversal, Spit Up, Trump Card, Wring Out: $10
-Super Fang: $15
-Final Gambit: $20

Mimicry Moves (Copycat, Assist, Mirror Move, Metronome, Me First, Mimic, Nature Power and Sleep Talk): $8

Weather Moves, Gravity, Magic Room, Tailwind, Trick Room and Wonder Room: $10

Stat-Altering Moves:
-Moves that change a stat by absolute value of 1 (Tail Whip, Howl, etc.): $5
-Moves that change stats by an absolute value of 2 (Screech, Cosmic Power, etc.): $8
-Moves that change stats by an absolute value of 3 (Cotton Guard, Quiver Dance, etc.): $11
-Shell Smash and Belly Drum: $15

Direct Status-Inflicting Moves (Poisonpowder, Thunder Wave, etc.), Flatter and Swagger: $8

Direct Healing Moves (Recover, Synthesis, Heal Pulse, etc.): $10

Magic Coat: $15

---

Redundant Move Exchange Policy

If your pokémon learns a move from one of our belligerent elderly people but then wakes up one morning with the sudden realization "My god, I just realized that I totally already know how to do that!"—this sensation is sometimes known to occur after they release some of those newfangled "new video games" and they "update older pokémon's movepools"—and you'd rather it didn't have two copies of the same move, you can come back here and we'll have someone teach another that the pokémon actually doesn't know yet. Simply bring the pokémon with the redundant move back here, have it speak to the move deleter, and then you're welcome to choose another move of equal or lesser value (to teach to the same pokémon or to a different one) for free. You can also choose a more expensive move and simply pay the difference between the old move and the new one.

Price: Free if exchanging a move for one of equal or lesser value. If trading in for a more expensive move, costs [price of new move] - [price of old move].

---

Summary of Prices/Overheads:

BP10: 1/0
BP20: 2/0
BP30: 3/1
BP40: 4/2
BP50: 5/2
BP60: 6/3
BP70: 7/3
BP80: 8/4
BP90: 9/4
BP100: 10/5
BP110: 11/5
BP120: 12/6
BP130: 13/7
BP140: 14/9
BP150: 15/9
BP200: 20/14
BP250: 25/18
Counter, Mirror Coat, Metal Burst: 15/9
Offensive moves w/no fixed power: 7/3, 4/2, 5/2, 6/3, 8/4, 10/5, 15/9, 20/14
Mimicry moves: 8/4
Weather moves, Gravity, Magic Room, Tailwind, Trick Room, Wonder Room: 10/5
Stat-altering moves: 5/2, 8/4, 11/5, 15/9
Status-inflicting moves: 8/4
Direct healing moves: 10/5
Magic Coat: 15/9
Everything else: 8/4

Summary of changes:

-Added blue flare, bolt strike, freeze bolt, fusion bolt, fusion flare, glaciate, ice burn, psystrike, relic song, sacred sword, searing shot, secret sword, techno buster and v-create to list of unteachable moves.
-Added special notes for directly-damaging moves that are in a price bracket higher than normal due to their effect always/almost always increasing their power (acrobatics is 110 BP/$11, frost breath and storm throw are 80 BP/$8).
-Bullet seed and icicle spear now cost $6 in accordance with their increased base power; added tail slap to the same $6 multi-hit bracket.
-Added dual chop for $8.
-Punishment now has "no fixed base power" and has been moved to the $8 price bracket, and added electro ball, heat crash and heavy slam to the same bracket.
-Added a new price bracket for moves that change stats by an absolute value of 3 (cotton guard, tail glow, quiver dance, etc.) for $11.
-Belly drum now costs $15, and added shell smash to the same bracket.
-Added final gambit for $20.
-Specified that flatter and swagger count as $8 status-inflicting moves and not $5 or $8 stat-altering moves (to prevent potential mixups in the case of flatter).
-Magic coat now costs $15 instead of being an $8 generic non-damaging move.
-Magic room and wonder room added to the $10 field effect bracket.
-Added a clause to cover "exchanges" in the event of members purchasing a move that their pokémon ends up learning naturally in future releases (another move of equal or lesser value for any of their pokémon, or a more expensive one for the difference in price between old move and new move).
-Overheads should all be correct; everything being added costs the same as something that already had a price and overhead anyway. The only thing I'm not sure about is how to do the overhead on the exchanged moves.
-I'm also tempted to put stored power in the $8 variable power bracket, and to increase the price for venoshock and hex because their damage-doubling effects are pretty easy to trigger. Should I?

Can you think of anything else I've missed or that needs special pricing?

Additionally, I'm curious: if someone gets a signature attribute that changes the type of their pokémon, are they allowed to count that pokémon as the new type for the purposes of this business? Theoretically they'd just be able to get whatever move they'd be buying from here along with the type change, of course, but could they buy stuff here or would I have to turn them down?

Gen 5 updates, lalala. Skipping anything sections that haven't changed, and summarizing everything I altered at the bottom for your convenience.

--

Well-traveled as they are, none of our residents (to our knowledge) have ever seen a legendary Pokémon and as such don't know anything about the special moves they might know. Moves that are exclusive to legendary Pokémon or otherwise exceptionally rare (Aeroblast, Blue Flare, Bolt Strike, Crush Grip, Dark Void, Doom Desire, Freeze Shock, Fusion Bolt, Fusion Flare, Glaciate, Heart Swap, Ice Burn, Judgment, Lunar Dance, Luster Purge, Magma Storm, Mist Ball, Psycho Boost, Psystrike, Relic Song, Roar of Time, Sacred Fire, Sacred Sword, Searing Shot, Secret Sword, Seed Flare, Shadow Force, Spacial Rend, Techno Buster, V-create) cannot be taught. None of them have mastered the ability to teach Sketch, Transform, Conversion or Conversion2, either.

Prices:

Directly damaging attacks (Scratch, Giga Impact, Fire Punch): To determine the price of your move, take its base power and divide it by ten (round down if it ends in 5 or lower and up if it ends in 6 or higher). So, for example, Earthquake would cost $10.
Special cases:
-Acrobatics is considered to have a base power of 110.
-Frost Breath and Storm Throw are considered to have a base power of 80.

Offensive moves with no fixed base power or variable total damage:
-Magnitude, Present, Psywave: $7
-Arm Thrust, Barrage, Comet Punch, Doubleslap, Fury Attack, Fury Swipes, Pin Missile, Twineedle: $4
-Triple Kick: $5
-Bone Rush, Bullet Seed, Double Hit, Double Kick, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast, Spike Cannon, Tail Slap: $6
-Dual Chop: $8
-Bonemerang, Gear Grind: $10
-Electro Ball, Fling, Frustration, Grass Knot, Gyro Ball, Heat Crash, Heavy Slam, Low Kick, Night Shade, Natural Gift, Punishment, Return, Seismic Toss: $8
-Bide, Endeavor, Flail, Pain Split, Reversal, Spit Up, Trump Card, Wring Out: $10
-Super Fang: $15
-Final Gambit: $20

Mimicry Moves (Copycat, Assist, Mirror Move, Metronome, Me First, Mimic, Nature Power and Sleep Talk): $8

Weather Moves, Gravity, Magic Room, Tailwind, Trick Room and Wonder Room: $10

Stat-Altering Moves:
-Moves that change a stat by absolute value of 1 (Tail Whip, Howl, etc.): $5
-Moves that change stats by an absolute value of 2 (Screech, Cosmic Power, etc.): $8
-Moves that change stats by an absolute value of 3 (Cotton Guard, Quiver Dance, etc.): $11
-Shell Smash and Belly Drum: $15

Direct Status-Inflicting Moves (Poisonpowder, Thunder Wave, etc.), Flatter and Swagger: $8

Direct Healing Moves (Recover, Synthesis, Heal Pulse, etc.): $10

Magic Coat: $15

---

Redundant Move Exchange Policy

If your pokémon learns a move from one of our belligerent elderly people but then wakes up one morning with the sudden realization "My god, I just realized that I totally already know how to do that!"—this sensation is sometimes known to occur after they release some of those newfangled "new video games" and they "update older pokémon's movepools"—and you'd rather it didn't have two copies of the same move, you can come back here and we'll have someone teach another that the pokémon actually doesn't know yet. Simply bring the pokémon with the redundant move back here, have it speak to the move deleter, and then you're welcome to choose another move of equal or lesser value (to teach to the same pokémon or to a different one) for free. You can also choose a more expensive move and simply pay the difference between the old move and the new one.

Price: Free if exchanging a move for one of equal or lesser value. If trading in for a more expensive move, costs [price of new move] - [price of old move].

---

Summary of Prices/Overheads:

BP10: 1/0
BP20: 2/0
BP30: 3/1
BP40: 4/2
BP50: 5/2
BP60: 6/3
BP70: 7/3
BP80: 8/4
BP90: 9/4
BP100: 10/5
BP110: 11/5
BP120: 12/6
BP130: 13/7
BP140: 14/9
BP150: 15/9
BP200: 20/14
BP250: 25/18
Counter, Mirror Coat, Metal Burst: 15/9
Offensive moves w/no fixed power: 7/3, 4/2, 5/2, 6/3, 8/4, 10/5, 15/9, 20/14
Mimicry moves: 8/4
Weather moves, Gravity, Magic Room, Tailwind, Trick Room, Wonder Room: 10/5
Stat-altering moves: 5/2, 8/4, 11/5, 15/9
Status-inflicting moves: 8/4
Direct healing moves: 10/5
Magic Coat: 15/9
Everything else: 8/4

Summary of changes:

-Added blue flare, bolt strike, freeze bolt, fusion bolt, fusion flare, glaciate, ice burn, psystrike, relic song, sacred sword, searing shot, secret sword, techno buster and v-create to list of unteachable moves.
-Added special notes for directly-damaging moves that are in a price bracket higher than normal due to their effect always/almost always increasing their power (acrobatics is 110 BP/$11, frost breath and storm throw are 80 BP/$8).
-Bullet seed and icicle spear now cost $6 in accordance with their increased base power; added tail slap to the same $6 multi-hit bracket.
-Added dual chop for $8.
-Added gear grind to bonemerang's price bracket ($10).
-Punishment now has "no fixed base power" and has been moved to the $8 price bracket, and added electro ball, heat crash and heavy slam to the same bracket.
-Added a new price bracket for moves that change stats by an absolute value of 3 (cotton guard, tail glow, quiver dance, etc.) for $11.
-Belly drum now costs $15, and added shell smash to the same bracket.
-Added final gambit for $20.
-Specified that flatter and swagger count as $8 status-inflicting moves and not $5 or $8 stat-altering moves (to prevent potential mixups in the case of flatter).
-Magic coat now costs $15 instead of being an $8 generic non-damaging move.
-Magic room and wonder room added to the $10 field effect bracket.
-Added a clause to cover "exchanges" in the event of members purchasing a move that their pokémon ends up learning naturally in future releases (another move of equal or lesser value for any of their pokémon, or a more expensive one for the difference in price between old move and new move).
-Overheads should all be correct; everything being added costs the same as something that already had a price and overhead anyway. The only thing I'm not sure about is how to do the overhead on the exchanged moves.
-I'm also tempted to put stored power in the $8 variable power bracket, and to increase the price for venoshock and hex because their damage-doubling effects are pretty easy to trigger. Should I?

Can you think of anything else I've missed or that needs special pricing?

Additionally, I'm curious: if someone gets a signature attribute that changes the type of their pokémon, are they allowed to count that pokémon as the new type for the purposes of this business? Theoretically they'd just be able to get whatever move they'd be buying from here along with the type change, of course, but could they buy stuff here or would I have to turn them down?

Last edited:
I have an idea for a business called δ Delta Species.
It mutates Pokemon, changing their types.
Anyone think this is good?

Here it is:

Fungi Labs
Services we offer: Holon electromagnetic pulses, Safe Heart Locking, Purification
Holon electromagnetic pulses: The region of Holon has drawn in many trainers seeking its mutant Pokémon. We have recently created a strong electromagnet to simulate the mutations. With it, we can change a Pokémon’s type. Cost 15. Effect: I roll the RNG, and your Pokémon gets new types.
Heart Locking: Ever since Orre was overrun with shadow Pokémon, we have been researching on how to use this power but not remove the soul of the Pokémon. We have finally devised a way. Cost 15. Effect: Your Pokémon becomes a ??? type, gets a permanent +1 to everything, and all of its moves become ??? type, which is super effective against Shadow Pokémon.
Purification: Sometimes you realize you don’t want a Shadow Pokémon. Using the same design as the original one in Orre, this machine removes Shadow status. For free!!!

Last edited:
Bump.

Would a business that allows you to change your hidden power type at the cost of the signature attribute/move slot (and maybe some decrease in strength of the move? Whatever way is the most balanced) be good?

Last edited:
Wait, isn't it just randomized the first time you use it? I thought it's like that, and then every battle after that it's the same.

EDIT: It says this in the Attacks and Abilities Guide:

Hidden Power - 70 Varies 100%
Target: Single
Class: Projectile/Special
Stat: Special
Contest Type: Chain
Contest Score: +30

The user draws on the energy buried deep within itself, unlocking a power only it can wield. As the user charges up, orbs of multicolored energy dance in the air around it and an eerie aura surrounds its body. It then releases the attack and sends a swirling stream of energy orbs rocketing into the foe. This attack's type depends upon the pokémon using it and is decided randomly when the attack is first used (all subsequent usages will produce a hidden power of the same type).

Back
Top Bottom