• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Taillow
[Arundel] (m)
Ability: Guts
Signature Attribute: "I know you are, but what am I?"
As a young Taillow, Arundel got picked on by the other birds. Maybe it was because he was the smallest, or maybe it was because he was pretty clumsy in flight - it didn't matter. He was regularly the subject of practical jokes, teasing and general mockery. Eventually, though trial and error, Arundel found his place by realising that people will like you if you're funny. And there's no better way than by dealing with teasing than teasing back, right? Through a combination of wit, comedic timing and dumb luck, Arundel stumbled upon the perfect comeback - I know you are, but what am I?

Effects: Arundel is immune to the effects of Swagger, Taunt, and Torment - instead, with a reply of I know you are, but what am I?, the effects of these attacks are reflected right back at his opponent. Arundel has also become particularly good at throwing his sharp wit at others, and gains Taunt and Torment into his movepool.

Arundel is also immune to and reflects the effects of Attract; as he's aged, he's realised that I know you are, but what am I? can also be used in the arts of flattery and flirtation. However, he's still but a young fledgling in the romantic arts (he's not quite that confident yet), and he will regularly fumble efforts to produce his own Attract attack, so Attract will only work 50% of the time.

drilbur
[Rotalon] Drilbur (F)
Ability: Sand Rush
Signature Attribute: Air Drill

Drilbur are known to drill. They simply have the natural instinct to spin, and usually live in caves, and are often taught to drill through rock by their parents. This, however, presents a problem that isn't adressed much: When raised away from caves, and without parents to teach them, when they simply have the instinct to spin left, what happens? Rotalon was born from an egg given to Mendatt, who doesn't have any other Drilbur or Excadrill. She spins a lot, which isn't uncommon among Drilbur, but doesn't know to spin while facing the ground. She simply spins while standing up, whenever she's bored or has nothing she needs to do. She often accumulates a good deal of momentum while spinning, which is yet another trait of Drilbur. A side effect of this is that she acts as a propeller, which went largely unnoticed until the time she slanted her arms slightly and Mendatt had to dig her out of the ceiling. That was quite a long time ago, and she kept using it as a pastime, so she's gotten quite good at it since then.

Effect:

Rotalon's drill hand things can act as a propeller when she spins, sending her into the air. She's treated as consensually hovering, although she can't do so consecutively for more than five actions and cannot attack while doing so. She also expends 1% energy for each action she spends in the air after the first, which she expends 3% energy on. She can also propel herself through water with this technique, although being a ground type she would really rather not be in the water in the first place.
However, as she never learned to drill, she cannot use Drill Run like most Drilbur, and all of her other Ground-type attacks do 2% total less damage after all other calculations- for dig, because she doesn't drill and instead opts to dig by hand like most of the pokemon that learn it, and for others simply because she's less adept at manipulating the ground.

[Stripes] Wingull (Female)
Ability:Keen Eye

Body Mod:
W.I.N.G System

Stripes was an unfortunate and rare case for hatchling Wingull, Pokémon who spend most of their life flying – She was born with no wings. Stripes was thrown out of her nest by her siblings, and left to die. She was then picked up by a scientist, working on the field of replacement limbs for Pokémon. He attached several prototype models to her, each enabling her to fly, and each better than the last. Whilst the scientist was working on the latest pair of wings, he observed a wild Wingull fighting a Manectric, apparently trying to protect its eggs. The Wingull was promptly electrocuted by the Manectric, so the scientist, who had grown close to Stripes, was mortified by the thought of Stripes sharing the same fate, so he fitted her with the W.I.N.G System.
The W.I.N.G System’s ‘special effect’ runs by having small lightning rods in them, which are powered up by electric attacks hitting stripes. This makes her immune to electric moves, and she gets a one turn speed boost of +1 if an electric attack hits her. Once the system has absorbed 200 base power electric attacks, it may overload, meaning it has a 40% chance of inflicting severe paralysis on her, and rendering her unable to fly for one turn. If she is hit by an electric attack in this state, it will inflict 10% non type damage on her.

wings

[Edyta]
tentacool.png
[f] <Clear Body>
Body Mod: Small Wings

Not registering a new one.
More of a question.
Spatz has taken part in two battles thus far, but has received (in the CP) no Happiness. Could this be fixed?

bought wings for Deuce!

[Deuce]
deuce.png
(m) <Flash Fire>
Body Mod: Medium Wings
Medium wings
These small wings come in a variety of colours and are designed for pokemon no heavier than 250 lbs (~113 kg). When attached, these will class the pokemon using them as Consensually Flying, making them expend 3% energy per action to use them, and will cause the pokemon to be slower than pokemon in air who naturally have wings. Pokemon will be held for three days - one for surgery, two for physiotherapy - and need to be picked up before battle.
Incur extra damage from electric/ice/rock-type attacks - 1%

[Eclipse] Poochyena (Male)
Ability: Quick Feet

Signature Attribute: Demon Blade

Eclipse has a sword under his cloak, a sword that was originally crafted by Muramasa. The demon blade feeds off its owners pain and suffering, powering itself up by doing so. As such, when Eclipse goes into battle, when he is hit by either a physical attack, or one that uses emotions, the power of the blade increases.

When Eclipse is hit by a physical attack, or an attack that implements emotions, such as Dark Pulse, or Confusion, half of that attack's total power is 'stored' in the sword (Though damage calculation stays as normal), capped at the power equal to the opponent's strongest move. The sword can be used only when attack power has been 'stored' in it.

Lacey (f) Skorupi <Sniper>
Signature Attribute: My Significance Sense is Tingling

Lacey has a strong sense of awareness of others. It probably stems from her being so little, and often other pokemon attempting to eat her. She's grown a strong spidey-sense, so to speak, an ability to know when someone is targeting her and just when to move and where. It's what's kept her alive.

After she was caught, her trainer sensed this and the two worked hard to improve this sense - or ability. After a lot of hard work, she's grown able to anticipate many moves before they're used, and avoid some of the damage.

Effects: Lacey gains the ability Anticipation instead of Sniper.

Twitch (Female Skarmory) <Keen Eye>
Signature Move: Smashing Hallway Traps of Doom

Using the moves she already knows, Twitch has come up with a way to create the ultimate battle hazard. She's taken moves such as spikes and stealth rock, adding in some of her own metal, and formed a move that is much larger and more hazardous.

She uses all these moves and creates a larger, spiky, thorny, destructive wall between her and her opponent. The wall isn't so much solid as it is made out of spikes and metal and things that will cause damage to whoever tries to break through it. There are holes in the wall, but there are also metal spikes sticking through that will cut you if you try to go through those holes. In effect, this is a block between her and whoever she wants to stop from getting to her.

Steel / Other / 7% / One action to use, lasts until the wall is broken down
Effects: Creates a spiky doomy wall between her and whoever she sets it up between. The wall causes damage to whoever tries to pass through (decided on by the ref; the wall is made up of sharp objects and however much damage is done should be decided by what the pokemon attempting to pass through does to itself, and obviously types are taken into account).
Usage Gap: Every 5 rounds since the last wall breaks down.

[Six] Scyther [♂]
Technician

Signature Move: Magna-Blades
Six has an idol. A man who is commonly known as the sixth most dangerous person on the planet, known only as Agent Six - Six even named himself after the Agent, and got matching sunglasses. Agent Six has his weapons too - he carries at all times a pair of very special swords, which Six uses his arm-scythes to replicate. There is one aspect of these swords he couldn't easily replicate, though: the blades have a magnetic capability. With a trip to a very shady backstreet alley and a swift exchange of money, though, he was given thought-controlled, magnetic implants into his scythes, and he rejoiced as he could finally replicate Agent Six's power himself.

When he uses this attack, he uses his magnetic abilities to hurl a chunk of metal at his opponent - in arenas where there's no metal for him to throw, he'll have brought a pile of metal chunks in a little pile at the edge of the arena. The attack hones in on the target's body unerringly, and is therefore incredibly difficult to dodge - if the target's a steel-type it cannot miss at all. If he's close enough range he can also go in for a slash with his scythes themselves, causing the attack to strike at double power.

Type: Steel / Class: Physical / Damage: 6%/12% / Accuracy: 100%/N/A / Target: Single / Energy: 5%/10%

This attack cannot miss if used against a steel-type. There is a 10% chance that the attack will strike at double power and double energy. This chance increases if he's close to his opponent, at the ref's discretion.

Usage Gap: Three rounds

Last edited:

34pc0pe.jpg

N-Gon (Genderless) <Trace>
Signature Attribute: Nanobot Swarm

N-Gon is not like normal Porygon2. He is an test subject for something simply known as "The Project", a mysterious and totally secret project to develop tiny nanomachines. He was given a swarm of what were later dubbed "Nanites" to control. Unfortunately, he was unable to control them, they simply remained inert; he and his useless Nanites were deactivated and discarded, simply thrown into the trash.

Later, though, a young woman happened to pass by and saw the deactivated Porygon. Feeling sorry for it, she picked it up and took it to the League, who gave it a jump-start; its memory was erased, but it was alive, and in gratitude it went with the young woman - though she was always curious as to why it had been so cruelly discarded.

And now it has evolved into a Porygon2. As it turns out, the only reason it couldn't control its Nanites was because it didn't have the processing power. Now that it's a much more advanced form, the Nanites have come under its control, as it and the girl discovered one day when, in training, a shimmering swarm of what looked like silver dust emerged from it and began swarming the opponent, dealing it quite significant pain. Over time, N-Gon learned to consciously control the Nanites, and it can now order them to do any of three things: attack, defend, or heal.

Effects: N-Gon can use the attacks Attack Order, Defend Order and Heal Order, though because of the fact that they make use of nanomachines and not bugs they're steel-type instead of bug-type. Their appearance is also changed from a swarm of bugs to a fine, floating silver dust.

Signature Move: Nanite Swarm
There is one final thing N-Gon can order his Nanites to do. Though it's significantly more difficult, he can have them attack his opponent on a cellular level, causing significant pain and, frequently, causing spontaneous mutations that can affect the Pokémon's battle performance.

When he uses this attack, a shimmering silver haze rises from him, floating over to the target and entering their body on a cellular level. Once there, they start attacking anything they can find, which both causes an intense, burning pain and also causes random mutations. The damage from this attack is nigh-impossible to change, unaffected by modifiers to the attack or defense stats, and short of outright blocking it it's nearly impossible to stop.

Type: Steel / Class: Physical/Status / Damage: 7% / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Single / Energy: 6% / Duration: One action; mutations remain until the end of the battle

Deals damage unaffected by attack or defense modifiers. This attack can only be stopped or reduced by Protect, Detect or something else that enables the user to avoid all damage; it bypasses Light Screen entirely, for example. In addition, it causes random mutations to the target that increase or decrease any random combination of attack, defense, special attack, special defense and speed by random amounts - though no more than six stages of modification will occur, and the net gain is always zero (which is to say, for every +1, it must be balanced by a -1, and vice versa.) These modifications are treated as the default for Haze and similar, and are exempt from the normal ±6 limit.

Usage Gap: Three rounds

Since my magnemite evolved, updating its sig move:

Zoom (x) Magnemite <Magnet Pull>
Sig Move: Magnet Drain

Zoom can feel whether there are any electrical or magnetic (steel) type Pokémon on the arena with his Magnet Pull ability. If there are, he will choose one (or his trainer will), and then he will either pull the other Pokémon to itself or, if they weigh more then Zoom, Zoom will be pulled (gently, of course) to them. Thanks to his ability, this is unavoidable; he will see through double team clones or other accuracy changes, the exception to this being if the pokemon is impossible to reach (underground, etc.) Once he reaches the other Pokémon, Zoom will attach himself to them with an electrical current; he is almost impossible to remove (read below). While he is attached to a Pokémon, he will suck energy or health (whichever he is commanded) and take half of the energy/health for himself.

Zoom can be removed in a number of ways; attacks that would make it hard for him to remain attached, or attacks that would disrupt the electrical current connecting him to the targeted pokemon, would likely disconnect him.

If the targeted Pokémon has the ability Static, x1.5 energy/health will be drained (rounded up).

If Zoom falls asleep or becomes frozen while sucking energy/health, he will remain attached to the targeted Pokémon but will no longer be sucking energy/health (and the targeted Pokémon will not lose health/energy, either).

Zoom will remain attached to the targeted Pokémon even if it's Flying, Digging, Diving, or Bouncing.

While Zoom is attached to his targeted Pokémon, he cannot attack any other Pokémon. However, he can use attacks other then Magnet Drain on the target Pokémon as long as they are physically possible.

Type: Electric / Class: Physical / Damage: 6% per round / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Single / Energy: 5% / Duration: One action to find and attach to target; Zerzin remains attached until removed (it can be removed if told to let go by its trainer).

Effects: Zoom locates any electric and/or steel types on the field and attaches itself to them, then drains %2 energy/health per action (rounded up). This attack takes does not take type (dis)advantages into account, similar to leech seed.
Usage gap: 5 rounds from being disconnected.

Taught my Skorupi to levitate.

[Imreas] Skorupi (M) <Sniper>
Body mod: Levitation
For pokemon that weigh up to 100 lbs (~45 kg), levitation will cost 2% energy per action to maintain. For pokemon between 101 lbs and 250 lbs (~113 kg) it will cost 3% per action to maintain, and for pokemon 251 lbs to 440 lbs (~200 kg), it will cost 4% energy to maintain levitation. Levitation enables pokemon to reach a height no greater than 2 m, and has the visual effect of being in a state with no gravitational pull towards the earth. Pokemon who undergo this training will be classified as Consensually Levitating Pokemon. This is a two-day course, and pokemon will need to be picked up before battle.
Fighting- or Bug-type pokemon will expend an extra 2% energy to levitate, as they have less affinity with psychic energy. Psychic-type pokemon will expend 1% less energy.

There are a lot of approvals here, and unfortunately I was doing them offline, so nothing is quoted. People are arranged alphabetically (roughly; I didn't decide to start doing that right away), and the signature moves/attributes submitted by each person are under their name roughly in the order of submission.

Many thanks to Meowth, blazheirio889, Kratos Aurion, and Lord of the Fireflies for doing their best to keep this thread from going under. Also, there are still positions available for either kind of approver; PM me to apply. Finally, I think there are some people who sent me approver applications and didn't hear back from me. If that was you, let me know and I'll go back and look for your application.

Going way, way back to overturn a couple of approvals.

-- Coroxn

- Vacuum Pump

You have 35% listed for the "energy" field of this attack, but then the effects section says that the attack takes 30% energy to use. Make this a single-target attack. You list the duration as "five turns," which is meaningless in ASB--I'm guessing you meant "actions," but you should always address units of time in terms of either actions or rounds. For the usage gap, it's easier to just say "once per battle."

- Water Wall

Unless I'm missing something, this attack has no description...?

-- Dapper Deathclaw

- Blue Portal/Red Portal

The effects of these are too poorly defined. How large are the portals? Can anything pass through them (e.g. if you shot a thunderbolt at a portal, would it come out the other one?)? If there is only one portal present, what happens, or can this never occur? Both attacks say "when used with" the other one, but must both pokémon use the attack in the same action for it to work? What happens if one is prevented from acting, e.g. by getting put to sleep?

The description really leaves something to be desired.

Usage gaps must be greater than once per round.

-- Glace

- Da Lecture

Small clarification: when you say there is a 50/50 chance of either being put to sleep or becoming confused, do you mean there's a 50% chance that the pokémon will be put to sleep, and if it is not put to sleep it will be confused, or that there's a 50% chance any status will occur, and which one does is random?

-- Mendatt

- Aikido

While there's no official limit on the extent to which a sig attribute can change a pokémon's movepool, a swing of 13 moves is a bit much when you're just picking and choosing them. Cut this down a bit; half as many is around as much as you're going to get. If you want a bigger change, you could instead make the losses/gains thematic: e.g. the pokémon loses all psychic-type attacks, or all special projectile attacks and gains all punching attacks. The idea is not having long lists of attacks that your opponent and referee have to be looking at all the time--there should either be few enough gains/losses for them to be remembered fairly easily, or some rule that can be applied to easily determine if a given move is still in the pokémon's movepool

-----

-- Bgreymon

- Ambush Hunter

Approved

-- Blastoise Fortooate

- Chocolatey Goodness

I don't think I saw this one get handled anywhere, so...

It's a bit of a pain to have to figure out what pokémon "could possibly have gluttony at some point in their evolution"; just go after pokémon that actually have the ability now. 25% is too big a trigger percentage for the "unable to attack" bit; since we're talking about a pokémon that can evolve twice, here, we probably want to start that at 10% (going up to 20% at typhlosion level, if you wanted to keep this attribute on through).

...aaand after reading this attribute I desperately want some fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies, but it's four in the morning. gdi

- Snowy Spirit

Rain dance seems like a pretty weird attack to lose, considering the modification. Why not sunny day instead? Other than that, fine.

- Spine Chiller

Usage gap? Four rounds sounds about right.

- Musth Forme

Only attacks from other pokémon should be able to trigger this. You mention that Enojada is immune to attract's effects, but is she also immune to the effects of captivate? Does she automatically snap out of attraction when Musth Forme ends?

-- Mendatt

- Heritage of Anger

...okay, I guess I can't resist *the* Shiny Gyarados. Approved

- Air Drill

When you say "can't attack" while hovering, do you mean she can't use any kind of attack at all (can't chill, can't swords dance, etc) or only that she can't use any damaging attacks?

-- DarkHydra

- "W.I.N.G System"

Reduce the amount of damage that can be absorbed before overload to 100; you can raise it upon evolution.

After an overload, she becomes unable to fly "for one turn"--don't use turns; specify actions or rounds.

- Demon Blade

I'm having trouble picturing a cloak-wearing poochyena and figuring out how one would manage to use a sword

-- Lirris

Your pichu has his happiness; it just doesn't show up.

-- Karkat Vantas

- Slam Poet

Does this attribute take effect while J-Z-Ruggu is asleep? Also, do you want to put any clarifications on what you mean by "four lines of rap," or are you willing to accept pretty much four lines of anything that could possibly be argued to be rap-like? I just wouldn't want there to be spats over whether what people had posted fulfilled that requirement were "rap" enough to qualify.

-- Moo

- Dark Goop

Needs a drawback. Also, pick either a flinch chance on opponents looking at Bruno or him looking at them, not both.

- Sticky Harden

Should be maximum six actions in duration. I assume getting stuck also has some sort of severe affect on the target's ability to move or act--if so, the maximum duration should be three actions instead and you should specify. If not, perhaps explain how the target can still attack while being stuck.

- Quick Hooves

Approved

- Adept Dancer

When you say "elemental moves," do you just mean any attack with a type other than fighting? Including bounce on the list is throwing me off a little, since "elemental" is usually only used to describe fire/water/grass/electric/ice, or sometimes just special-type attacks.

- Crystal Hard

Approved

- My Significance Sense is Tingling

Approved

- Smashing Hallway Traps of Doom

Does the wall surround Twitch on all sides? How high is it? How much damage does it take to break it down?

- Magnet Drain

Approved

-- Omskivar, The

- Wind Resistance

You can just say "are executed at a critical hit domain one higher than usual." I don't think any high-crit moves fulfill the criteria for getting the boost anyway, so whether or not mienfoo gets them isn't a big deal. Approved.

-- Shinatoa

- Magna-Blades

"Magnetic implants controlled through thought" is a bit far-fetched. Where does the chunk of metal come from? Is this a projectile or contact attack? The chance of striking at double power belongs in the effects section, but there's no indication of why the attack sometimes doubles in power. Why can't the chunk of metal miss? Can the rest of the attack miss? This could stand to be expanded upon.

-- Squornshellous Beta

- Lava Body

Approved

- Nanobot Swarm

Needs a drawback.

- Nanite Swarm

Too powerful. Remove the mutation effect or make it non-damaging.

-- ultraviolet

- I know you are, but what am I?

Essentially a somewhat-weaker magic bounce; needs a decent drawback.

-- Whirlpool

- Flamelight

Approved

Twitch (Female Skarmory) <Keen Eye>
Signature Move: Smashing Hallway Traps of Doom

Using the moves she already knows, Twitch has come up with a way to create the ultimate battle hazard. She's taken moves such as spikes and stealth rock, adding in some of her own metal, and formed a move that is much larger and more hazardous.

She uses all these moves and creates a larger, spiky, thorny, destructive wall between her and her opponent. The wall isn't so much solid as it is made out of spikes and metal and things that will cause damage to whoever tries to break through it. There are holes in the wall, but there are also metal spikes sticking through that will cut you if you try to go through those holes. In effect, this is a block between her and whoever she wants to stop from getting to her. The wall is as tall as Twitch is - roughly 5'6 - and it curves in a U shape around her, but does not fully surround her.

The wall can usually be broken down after what amounts to 15% damage. It acts as a steel-type, meaning it is weak to fire attacks, resists dark, etc.

Steel / Other / 7% / One action to use, lasts until the wall is broken down
Effects: Creates a spiky doomy wall between her and whoever she sets it up between. The wall causes damage to whoever tries to pass through (decided on by the ref; the wall is made up of sharp objects and however much damage is done should be decided by what the pokemon attempting to pass through does to itself, and obviously types are taken into account).
Usage Gap: Every 5 rounds since the last wall breaks down.[/QUOTE]

[Bruno]
unled1uq.png
(M)
Ability: Stench
Signature Attribute: Dark Goop

Bruno grew up, and was in fact built, from particularly dark, nasty and pungent sludge. It's often assumed the sludge he was formed from was created by some nuclear plant, probably, or an illegal organization doing some sort of back-alley testing. Either way, this has affected him a bit too much - he enjoys the bit of black humour, and a bit more. He's a bit... loopy. A bit crazy. A bit dark, shall we say. This is quite clear: Everything he touches seems to fade, covered up in shadow and his nasty stench. And he definitely enjoys it, the sickly effect he has on things, people and pokemon alike. Oh, boy does he enjoy it...

Effects: Every where he goes, instead of leaving just goo, a shadow is left as well. The shadow fades before the goo does (a few actions, usually 3, before a shadow fades), but it's more deadly; anyone who touches it has a 5% chance of flinching that action. As well, his Stench ability is boosted: any attacks that involve looking at him receive a 5% flinch chance. He is also turned into a poison/dark type, receiving all immunities, resistances and weaknesses that come with that. However, he still uses as much energy as any other grimer would using a dark-type move, because he is not proficient enough with the type yet.

Signature Move: Sticky Harden

Bruno is very affectionate. He likes pokemon a lot. Sometimes, he just wishes he could keep them forever. And he might have found a way to do that!

He slides over to his intended target and covers them up in... himself. Then he hardens real hard, using Sticky Harden, and he seems to solidify so much that whatever he's covered can't possibly get out without him letting them. In fact, the only way he'll let them is if he's ordered too, because he just loves his pokemon so much! However, he can only keep himself hardened so much for so long, and so after 3 rounds he'll have to let go.

Poison / Neutral / 95% / Single / 5% initial action, 1% keep-up / Three actions
For each action that the pokemon he's hugging is being hugged, there is a 5% increase of his ability's chances of activating, being activated (5%, 10%, 15%, etc.), maxing out at 35%. It can also activate without contact moves being used, because of the close contact. Also, there is a 5% chance each action that the pokemon being hugged will be mildly poisoned.
3 rounds from end of all effects

[Louis] Croagunk (M)
Ability: Anticipation
Signature Move: Adept Dancer

Louis grew up in a competitive world - but not in battling, no, in dancing. Indeed, he's got swift, nimble feet, and knows just how to use them. He can keep up with the quickest of the quick, kicking and swinging and jumping, knowing just when to swerve and just when to dive and just when the stand pointe. He's and excellent dancer, even in his most competitive of classes.

Of course, now he's moved on to battling, it's a completely different world. But he's learned to take what he knew from dancing and apply it here - using his nimble feet to dodge better, to strike better, to fight better.

Most alarmingly, he's learned gained an extreme control over his body - the kind of control most dancers strive for. But it extends further than dance. It extends towards battle, of course, but further even than that. He's learned to manipulate the elements he can control away from their intended areas, and towards his feet; meaning, he can turn Ice Punch into an Ice Kick. In effect, its power, effects, etc. remain the same - but he uses it as a kick instead. And, because he is far more adept in kicking than punching, it is stronger because of that.

Effects: All kicking moves used by Louis gain a +1 bonus, including moves adapted to kicks by his ability.

All elemental moves (meaning: fire/water/grass/electric/ice) that would be used from one area of the body are focused towards the feet instead, used as a kick. If the attack would not make sense, it fails or Louis uses the normal body part to attack instead, meaning it gets no bonus.

That was a typo, actually. It's supposed to be "move". Because. You know. Spinning.

[Rotalon] Drilbur (F)
Ability: Sand Rush
Signature Attribute: Air Drill

Drilbur are known to drill. They simply have the natural instinct to spin, and usually live in caves, and are often taught to drill through rock by their parents. This, however, presents a problem that isn't adressed much: When raised away from caves, and without parents to teach them, when they simply have the instinct to spin left, what happens? Rotalon was born from an egg given to Mendatt, who doesn't have any other Drilbur or Excadrill. She spins a lot, which isn't uncommon among Drilbur, but doesn't know to spin while facing the ground. She simply spins while standing up, whenever she's bored or has nothing she needs to do. She often accumulates a good deal of momentum while spinning, which is yet another trait of Drilbur. A side effect of this is that she acts as a propeller, which went largely unnoticed until the time she slanted her arms slightly and Mendatt had to dig her out of the ceiling. That was quite a long time ago, and she kept using it as a pastime, so she's gotten quite good at it since then.

Effect:

Rotalon's drill hand things can act as a propeller when she spins, sending her into the air. She's treated as consensually hovering, although she can't do so consecutively for more than five actions and cannot move while doing so. She also expends 1% energy for each action she spends in the air after the first, which she expends 3% energy on. She can also propel herself through water with this technique, although being a ground type she would really rather not be in the water in the first place.
However, as she never learned to drill, she cannot use Drill Run like most Drilbur, and all of her other Ground-type attacks do 2% total less damage after all other calculations- for dig, because she doesn't drill and instead opts to dig by hand like most of the pokemon that learn it, and for others simply because she's less adept at manipulating the ground.

What about this?

[Gelio] Ralts F (Trace)
Signature Attribute – Aikido

There are two unique things about Gelio. One is that she always wears a kimino, for some odd reason. That one doesn't do anything. The other is that she has always wanted to be a Gallade. When she was young, she dreamed of growing up and evolving into one. Then, one day, someone told her that only male Ralts could become Gallade. She rebelled against Gamefreak's Mother Nature's blatant gender discrimination and learned Aikido by watching fighting-type pokemon. She also learned a few other tricks, mostly ones that involved something she could replicate with her psychic powers, since she doesn't have the strength to actually punch or kick hard. Unfortunately, as a result of spending so much time learning fighting-type moves, she doesn't actually know much about the powers of psychic-type pokemon, and isn't as adept at manipulating the very fabric of reality and telling the laws of physics to sit down and shut up as well as others of her kind are.

Gelio gains access to all Fighting-type special attacks, as well as all throwing-based fighting-type attacks, detect, counter, and reversal, but loses access to all Psychic-type moves.

Back
Top Bottom